Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion? 2!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KellyR18

Thank you very much!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

KellyR18 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any advice from changing course from Science to Law through arts?

Also the course, CS143, has anyone got any advice to pass it, CA is currently just over 35% will I fail the module now?

As far as I know, to change from Science to Arts, you have to go back to 1st year and pay the fees. I could be wrong though.

Also, do you mean you have 35% of the available CA(which is around 30%)?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭KellyR18

No 35% out if 100% I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I just got an email telling me about a couple of mumps cases on campus. Fucking dumbass anti-vaxxers.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I just got an email telling me about a couple of mumps cases on campus. Fucking dumbass anti-vaxxers.

Just around the time of the open day? Smells like deja vu to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 littlelights

Hey everyone :) . I'm thinking of repeating second-year, as I want to study English & History rather than what I'm studying now (History and some other subject). I did study English as part of my three subject choice in first-year, so I think I would be able to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

^I guess you would, since you've already a year of English... but you'd have to pay full price for the year. That, currently, is €5,729.

https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/sites/default/files/assets/document/UG_FEES_03062014_1415.pdf

EDIT: No, I'm wrong, because assuming you pass History you wouldn't have to pay for that part of the year, you'd only do second year English for a year. Best bet is to ring the Fees office tomorrow morning and ask them. https://www.maynoothuniversity.ie/student-fees-grants

You might have to pay half the normal fee, plus the whole student contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Afaik, you only have to pay student contribution and registration once, but you have to pay full tuition fees if you want to repeat. I stand to be corrected on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Nope, full whack if you repeat a year. Student contribution + levy + tuition. No grant either. Though it might depend on what you've already taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

If you've already done second year history, and just want to change your second subject to English instead, you'll have to pay half tuition, as you'll be doing half of your second year modules. Plus student contribution and levy and, yes, no grant.

What you need to do, though, is talk to the college about it. They'll know more than a bunch of oldies like you get in here.
    Good luck!

• Advertisement

How so Joe wrote: »
    If you've already done second year history, and just want to change your second subject to English instead, you'll have to pay half tuition, as you'll be doing half of your second year modules. Plus student contribution and levy and, yes, no grant.

What you need to do, though, is talk to the college about it. They'll know more than a bunch of oldies like you get in here.
    Good luck!

:eek::eek: speak for yourself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭Dickie10

whats the story on the beach party thursday? whos playin at it just dj? is it any good??

Dickie10 wrote: »
    whats the story on the beach party thursday? whos playin at it just dj? is it any good??

Scooter is at it afaik. Very 2K7 I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

i believe its the sandiest party on the maynooth calendar.

SCOOOOOOOOTAR !!

SCOOTER on thursday and Basshunter friday night in navan ! what a line up!

SCOOTER on thursday and Basshunter friday night in navan ! what a line up!

If it was 2006 :pac:

ha classic europop, all we need is the vengaboys!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

ha classic europop, all we need is the vengaboys!

Venga Boys are class, if you heard this song you'd all love it!

thelad95 wrote: »
    If it was 2006 :pac:

Are you old enough to even remember them?!

• Advertisement

Are you old enough to even remember them?!

Lol I wasn't born in 1995 :pac:

Lol I wasn't born in 1995 :pac:

You're in first year. My point remains. Youngster.

vengaboys just puts u in good form!

You're in first year. My point remains. Youngster.

Basshunter and Scooter were the sound track to my skulling cans in a field stage :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Basshunter and Scooter were the sound track to my skulling cans in a field stage :P

Jaysus you were skulling cans at 11? Started young.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I still have about 10 Scooter songs on my phone. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

I heard the Roost will be packed tomorrow, what's the chance of me getting in with just my student card?

Swan Curry wrote: »
    I heard the Roost will be packed tomorrow, what's the chance of me getting in with just my student card?

Make sure you get there good and early but other than that it'll be the same as any other night

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Swan Curry wrote: »

as with any of the major nights in maynooth, if your not inside the door of the roost at 10pm theres no point trying.

• Advertisement

Meh, I've seen people get in with a student card before. Everywhere will be jammers tomorrow night, last night of the year and all that.

Advertisement