Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Surprised they're running it as far as the Czech open, good to see! Any sign of it in the newspaper yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

qwabercd wrote: »
    Surprised they're running it as far as the Czech open, good to see! Any sign of it in the newspaper yet?

Didn't see it today, will have a look tomorrow in work

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

Any word on the prizes i couldn't see anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Any word on the prizes i couldn't see anything?

Prizes

Prizes will be awarded throughout the competition. The opportunity to win prizes are:

Overall Competition
    The highest scoring team at the end of the competition will win the €10,000 first prize.
    The runner up will in €3,000, whilst there is also a €2,000 prize for the player who finishes third.

Monthly Competitions
    The competition is also broken down into five Monthly Competitions. The highest scoring team at the end of each Monthly Competition will win a prize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

Can't find Luuuuuke Donald.........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Is there a boards league for this?,think i"ll give it a go, not with any great hope

• Registered Users Posts: 28 rosshoulihan

Is there a boards league for this?,think i"ll give it a go, not with any great hope

Anyone want to set one up?

I started one last year and ended up unfollowing this thread after about 3 weeks I'll try make the month this year :D

Here is this years one

Code: LVDHUJV5

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

Noticed that a few players are missing this year. No Angel Cabrera, or Hunter Mahon. Probably others that I've missed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

Clauric wrote: »
    Noticed that a few players are missing this year. No Angel Cabrera, or Hunter Mahon. Probably others that I've missed.

Angel is there €4million

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

First time trying this, do people usually pick players that play a lot of tournaments? We'll say you could pick Rory, Scott and Tiger but then they wouldn't play most weeks. I suppose you need to be clever with your transfers in/out

NDWC wrote: »
    First time trying this, do people usually pick players that play a lot of tournaments? We'll say you could pick Rory, Scott and Tiger but then they wouldn't play most weeks. I suppose you need to be clever with your transfers in/out

I picked conners this week not cause I thought he would do well but after a win will play a lot on the pga tour

I picked Olsesn as he would most likely play some of the eruopean events

The pricing from what I see is very imbalanced in terms of constructing teams, in terms of money to spend and the price you have for golfers.

So if you can get a cheap golfer who will play a lot either side of the pond its a good start to transfers you need to make down the line

That all being said you need winners and you need winners in majors, but come the top prizes a few points here and there can and will make the differnece

I started one last year and ended up unfollowing this thread after about 3 weeks I'll try make the month this year :D

Here is this years one

Do people want me top close off signups or want it open all year, I personally dont care

I will take down the code although im not sure if I can stop signups after that

If I get 9 thanks in the next week i will do so (as there is 18 in the league - me)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

Any early bird get the paper yet? :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

denis1501 wrote: »
    Any early bird get the paper yet? :)

WATERVILLE is the pin this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mptoal

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

DM_7 wrote: »
    WATERVILLE is the pin this week

Thank you :o

Does anybody know how the points will count for the Zurich Open this week?

From what I can see, it is a team event, so wondering if the points will be by player, by team, or some other function.

Clauric wrote: »
    Does anybody know how the points will count for the Zurich Open this week?

From what I can see, it is a team event, so wondering if the points will be by player, by team, or some other function.

Open to correction here but IIRC from last year, each player scores individually, so if you picked both players on the same team and they won the event you would get 500 for both players, 1,000 in total.

• Advertisement

Anybody have the code for this week's competition?

Bump, anyone have the code please, was just going to have a look at transfers.

Bump, anyone have the code please, was just going to have a look at transfers.

Looked through the paper today and couldn't see it. It may be in tomorrow's paper

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭nimbinsurfer

POWERSCOURT is this week's code

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Poneil

Hi, is anyone else having a problem transferring players out, transfer tab will not select player to remove a player I want to transfer??

Poneil wrote: »
    Hi, is anyone else having a problem transferring players out, transfer tab will not select player to remove a player I want to transfer??

Just did my transfers, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Poneil

Cheers, not sure what the problem is, I done them on my phone, It worked fine, computer still a problem. not to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Vivorourke

Anyone getting dnp's on your players this week? Can't explain it, they are all active.

Cantlay for example, can't understand.

Vivorourke wrote: »
    Anyone getting dnp's on your players this week? Can't explain it, they are all active.

Yea there was a notification from the organisers saying only one player from each teams points will show, the other player will be DNP but all points will be awarded properly on Monday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Vivorourke wrote: »

You'd be better off if cantlay was a dnp!

Advertisement