Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

What's the craic with the massive update to points?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭ingo1984

Anyone else's scores not adding up this week? I scored 1100 this game week, but total score only went up 600.

Zurich of New Orleans points have disappeared. Fired them an email seeing what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ballina1953

very disappointing was in third position yesterday but find i m down in mid teens today
    my points total is correct though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Anyone notice anything funny about the rankings this week? I was moving up from 455 to 290 approx (Monday morning) with 800 points from the weekend, then just checked it now and it has me at 634, I find it unlikely that I'd drop places with 800points?

I had Sullivan (c) and Pavan being decent point scorers and f all else.

Edit : Sorry lads I didn't see the above posts for some reason.

• Advertisement

Points have now been reinstated. Some reason the Zurich Orleans points went awol. Added back on now.

Some baffling picks near the top of the leaderboard, guy in 1st for example has captained Harrington!! Surely that's a bit risky when you're already in a good position.

I steered well clear of the Euro event this week myself, that's a crapshoot, top 64 making the cut and then 9 hole matchplay matches, will take more luck than anything to go deep in that event imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cobbleozzy

Yeah was just thinking the same a few mins ago- especially from the leader, what is he thinking! Well we will see on Sunday but captaining a100/1 shot is crazy risky. Snap shot attatched of top 10 players picks, I see noone taking any risks with speith and most captaining him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Some baffling picks near the top of the leaderboard, guy in 1st for example has captained Harrington!! Surely that's a bit risky when you're already in a good position.

I steered well clear of the Euro event this week myself, that's a crapshoot, top 64 making the cut and then 9 hole matchplay matches, will take more luck than anything to go deep in that event imo.

He won't be in the top 100 at the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

This week's password is MCDOWELL

• Advertisement

This week's password is WOODS

I'm unable to rollback? Anyone else?

tks for password denis
    i had a bad week dropped from top 10 to 40 s
    have noticed not always best to try and use up all your money allocation
    some weeks i used up just 65 and did very well other weeks used up 80 and not so good

denis1501 wrote: »
    I'm unable to rollback? Anyone else?

Same rollback issue as before methinks.

tks for password denis
    i had a bad week dropped from top 10 to 40 s
    have noticed not always best to try and use up all your money allocation
    some weeks i used up just 65 and did very well other weeks used up 80 and not so good

What's your username so I can keep an eye on you!

I'm slumming it in the 300's, been hard to make any ground the last few weeks.

Had Molinari last week but that was about it, big names failing to fire again Spieth (C) and Fowler a big let down, so many to choose from this week, no doubt if I get rid of Spieth he will win by 5 !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Had a couple of decent weeks but wrong captain every time lets me down. In 250 now so okay.

Maye Euro tour is place to look this week? A few of the biigger names playing but with less competition than on PGA tour?

I have the rollback issue again also denis.

Rollback fixed now lads.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Had a couple of decent weeks but wrong captain every time lets me down. In 250 now so okay.

Maye Euro tour is place to look this week? A few of the biigger names playing but with less competition than on PGA tour?

I have the rollback issue again also denis.
    Wanted to bring in Matt Wallace.......doesn't seem to be there. Crazy, guy's already a winner this season and played great last week.

denis1501 wrote: »
    Wanted to bring in Matt Wallace.......doesn't seem to be there. Crazy, guy's already a winner this season and played great last week.

He's there alright, had him earlier in the season and he missed the cut for me!Edit : actually missed the cut x2 for me then I got rid and he finished 3rd!

He's 6.4m, you know you can search by name for players? Right above players I can afford and players, on the right hand side.

You're spot on, don't know how I managed to miss him, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rolltideroll

I have had the same experience with some players. I had Molinari & Rose and swapped them out in the past few weeks. I still think the majors will jump you forward in the rankings. This is not easy!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Up to 13th but only got 260 points for An this week , he was beaten in playoff !!

Sligored wrote: »
    Up to 13th but only got 260 points for An this week , he was beaten in playoff !!

It's just not updated the U.S scores yet, I only got 20 for Captain DJ etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

It's just not updated the U.S scores yet, I only got 20 for Captain DJ etc....

Think the US scores are after Round 3. Presumably the lads were on the p**s last night!

The scores are estimated until updated at some point on Monday. It looks like you are right and they are based on 3rd round finishing scores and placement.

This week's transfer password is LOWRY

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

This week's US tournament annually has the largest number of withdrawals due to players qualifying for the USOpen at qualifying school and then deciding to take a week off. Rob Bolton on Twitter (@RobBoltonGolf) has regular updates.

Might want to plan ahead and make sure you have 8 players in the field for the US OPEN. Double the points.

Transfer password this week is DUNNE

Transfer password this week is STENSON

• Advertisement

tks for the password denis
    i was in top 10 for a few weeks but now languishing down in the 700 s

Advertisement