Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Don't know whether to bother carrying on with this, i keep getting kicked in the bollox!

Last week I got rid of Koepka and Finau and took in Fowler and Rahm, that really worked a treat, typically the week before that Finau and Koepka done sweet f all.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

One thing I've learned over the years is never take too much notice of what happens the week before a major. Lots of guys don't even want to be in contention that week, plus you have the guys trying new stuff out in real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Took finau, Stenson and koepka out before the us open. Would be leading the overall by a bit if I'd left them in. Still think they were the right decisions though (bar maybe koepka) so not pissed off at all. Majors have such an influence with the double points.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Took out Johnson and Koepka to try something differant in my work league as I am second in it. Knew Rival also had both the previous week but it was a failed risk.

That is the way it goes sometimes. Reed stopped me having a disaster though.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jimmers

Don't know whether to bother carrying on with this, i keep getting kicked in the bollox!

Last week I got rid of Koepka and Finau and took in Fowler and Rahm, that really worked a treat, typically the week before that Finau and Koepka done sweet f all.

I feel your pain. Took out Koepka for Rory!!

Last weekend was a real rollercoaster - had Rose (c) and DJ - flirted with a big score but ultimately I ended up with a disappointing 1,690 and only went up 16 places to 311. :(

• Advertisement

denis1501 wrote: »
    One thing I've learned over the years is never take too much notice of what happens the week before a major. Lots of guys don't even want to be in contention that week, plus you have the guys trying new stuff out in real time.

Now you tell me! ffs Denis, too late now! :)

Password this week is MATSUYAMA

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rolltideroll

I was on a roll. I swapped out korhonen for slattery the week korhonen won and koepka for Rahm the week of the US open. That said i swapped in paul Casey last week and apart from his total choke I did get good points as he was my captain too. Hoping this week will bring the same fortune.

Transfer password this week is KUCHAR

This week's transfer password is CASEY

• Advertisement

This week's transfer password is JOHNSON

Upto 167th, time definitely against me though, need a miracle few weeks including the 2 majors. Will have to pull a random unpopular captain out of the bag this week and have them win, easier said than done. How's anyone else going?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Only in 300s (compared to your 167). Messed up captain too many times now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Rolltideroll

I have dwindled since day 1. I think i am doing better because people have given up. I am enjoying playing it though.

I was in 3rd up to last week, made a balls of it though, left out Molinari. Down in 10th now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Still a lot of points to play for. The guy in first has a good lead but has been taking a few risks so still wouldn't be surprised to see him knocked off the top before the finish.

I must say, I (and others) complained a lot about the crowd who ran it last year which was a pure disaster..the crowd running it this year have done a great job. Quick to update points, very few mistakes and good at giving updates on the odd occasion there has been a glitch so credit where it's due..

denis1501 wrote: »
    I was in 3rd up to last week, made a balls of it though, left out Molinari. Down in 10th now.

Fair play to you that's a great showing nonetheless, you have a great chance of winning it, good luck with that, I'll be keeping an eye on you now!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Fair play to you that's a great showing nonetheless, you have a great chance of winning it, good luck with that, I'll be keeping an eye on you now!

In 4th at the moment but anyone in the top 50 can win if the majors go well for them

This week's transfer password is KAYMER

Sligored wrote: »
    In 4th at the moment but anyone in the top 50 can win if the majors go well for them

Well done - I see you're the overall leader. Tense couple of weeks ahead. Keep it going!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭samsx

What's with all the DNPs even though they are playing?

This week's transfer password is ROSE

Justin Rose a late withdrawal from the WGC - back spasms

jimmers wrote: »
    Justin Rose a late withdrawal from the WGC - back spasms

...and now I see the game was locked at 18.35 tonight because of the highly relevant Fiji International! So I'm stuck with Rose.
    I'd say a few people were caught with the early lockdown time

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PauloFM

Seems to be an issue with this game showing players as not playing when they are. Chinese golfer Ashun Wu (in the game as W.Ashun) is currently second in Fiji and is listed on my team as DNP. Should have 350 points currently. Not the first time this has happened.

This week's transfer password is RAHM.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭ballina1953

anybody know if irish times are running their competition this year and if so when does it start

anybody know if irish times are running their competition this year and if so when does it start

Haven't heard anything about it yet but from playing it the last 2/3 years it always starts as the Masters being the first event.

Haven't heard anything about it yet but from playing it the last 2/3 years it always starts as the Masters being the first event.

Yes - as soon as the 6 Nations Fantasy Game finishes they start promoting the Golf Fantasy Game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

Fantasy site up and running

Advertisement