Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times Fantasy Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 keithap76

Clayver wrote: »
    So wots da password this week plz

Did you find out what the password was yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6 swanswan

Wotz da password?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Watson

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Paulusmaximus

Ormus wrote: »
    Watson

thanks Ormus.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Ormus wrote: »
    Watson

This is a great service...gone are the days of sneakily flicking through the IT in a newsagents.

• Advertisement

Hi does anyone know this weeks password

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Boden08

Ballesteros

Hi so has anyone got the last password for this week only wish I was in contention

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭saintastic

Mickelson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

So made it into the top 3 in the boards.ie league table. Need a good week to hopefully finish top.

Are the other two lads in here? If so watch out I'm coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

keithap76 wrote: »
    Hi so has anyone got the last password for this week only wish I was in contention

God those few months flew!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

the lawman wrote: »
    So made it into the top 3 in the boards.ie league table. Need a good week to hopefully finish top.

Are the other two lads in here? If so watch out I'm coming.

omar-come-at-the-king.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭bressi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

bressi wrote: »

Finito

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

bressi wrote: »

The competition is over for this year

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

Hey Lads, Any word of this starting this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Hey Lads, Any word of this starting this year?

I was wondering the same thing earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I was wondering the same thing earlier

Would expect it to be released some time this week, it's usually about 2 weeks before the masters that they open it up for registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Doesnt look like it's going to happen this year

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭bobster453

Hi folks
    I registered last week by googling irish times fantasy golf 2015..it defo going ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭bobster453

Hi folks
    I registered last week by googling irish times fantasy golf 2015..it defo going ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

bobster453 wrote: »
    Hi folks

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bane_86

I registered a team on Sunday night, received email from Irish times (went to my spam btw) but the site has gone down since. The site did have 2015 logos etc up. There must be some sort of problem they are fixing.
    Hopefully it will be all systems go by next week.

They normally publish it in the paper for the first time on a Saturday - would have expected that to be today. Beginning to worry that it might not go ahead this year :(

Never received an email like the posters above. Was the site fully set up - as in were there prices for players, schedule of tournaments etc? If so you'd hope it's unlikely they'd go to the hassle of setting it up for it not to go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 genghis26

qwabercd wrote: »
    Was the site fully set up - as in were there prices for players, schedule of tournaments etc? If so you'd hope it's unlikely they'd go to the hassle of setting it up for it not to go ahead.

I'm not sure about the schedule of tournaments, as I didn't look, but the prices for players were all set up (and the prices for players were new for this year, iirc).

I was able to pick a team and play around with it. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't on this year.

genghis26 wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the schedule of tournaments, as I didn't look, but the prices for players were all set up (and the prices for players were new for this year, iirc).

I was able to pick a team and play around with it. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't on this year.

Good stuff, would be gutted if it didn't go ahead! Seems to get later every year, I remember back in the day when it was in the newspaper only it used to start in March and you could enter about 3 weeks before then. It used to run until September too (up until the Crans Sur Sierre) they've shortened it a good bit.

Would love to give a good go at the overall this year, been in an around the top 10 coming up to the final weeks a few times but never quite got there (bar a weekly win about 10 years ago). Although with the format these days it's harder and harder and so much goes on how you do in the majors.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 genghis26

I forgot that I received an email after I confirmed my team that includes the words "You've successfully registered a team in the The Irish Times Fantasy Golf 2015 game." I'd be willing to stick my neck out and say it's definitely going ahead this year.

And if it isn't, I suspect my team is one of a handful entered, so I might have more of a chance of winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bane_86

Yea my email said "You've successfully registered a team in the The Irish Times Fantasy Golf 2015 game." So it should be going ahead, I remember last year it was quite late and one year they completely missed the Masters.
    Yea...it was 2013 they started with the Player's championship due to some "production error"
    Just have to wait and see. But the website was up, you could pick a team, create a private league etc.
    Actually they did have a password there to make changes, "Portrush" or something. I do recall it said something like "make changes before the Masters use the password Portrush". So if the text said "Masters" I think it should be ok for next week.

They may have just made the website live to test it out, found a few bugs and are fixing it. Maybe they didn't expect people to be creating teams before they published in the paper and they didn't have everything worked out yet.

Fingers crossed it is up this week, I don't think they will leave til next week.

I google Irish times fantasy golf and was nothing there. Be gutted if it doesn't happen this year and its just over a week to the masters it should be up by now

• Advertisement

Thanks to genghis26 for the PM.. site is live https://fantasygolf.irishtimes.com

Advertisement