Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voting is open on Triathlon forum and subforums

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I clicked in hope but you dashed my hopes. My reference to Poker earlier was they realized that boards did not give a **** so they moved on and started their own forum which is thriving. That's the problem when some companies get too big they forget their roots and who helped them get there....the users.
    peter kern wrote: »
    thats the way to treat ones volunteers, that help to generate money for free ......
    If you guys are so interested in the change writing a small email remindiining them that you help them to make money.... might help ;-)

Hah, you both seem to think Boards actually makes money :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

mloc123 wrote: »
    Hah, you both seem to think Boards actually makes money :D

They have paid staff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

They have paid staff...

who are not paid out of boards.ie profits. Boards.ie makes a loss for the distilled media group.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

They certainly have built a strong brand, and I would think have quite a few options to make money in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

They have paid staff...

My post was poorly worded... You don't think Boards actually make a profit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Tell you what guys. I became aware of this request only a couple of days ago, and now it's done. And there's a second forum made as requested too.

If you would like to provide constructive criticism of the way the site is run then by all means ask for answers in Feedback, because right now this is just looking like a little circle of people having a moan without actually asking us [the Admins] what the craic is. The Feedback forum is always open and I'll pledge to answer any questions you may have as best I can.

Enjoy your forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement