Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voting is open on Triathlon forum and subforums

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Oryx wrote: »
    Not so. Mods are like buses. If you miss one another will be along in a minute. I've seen many, many supposedly indispensible posters and mods leave the site and it chugs along anyway.

Pretty much in the same way that if there was an external triathlon forum that took off and took tri talk away from here, they wouldn't be missed.

They don't care. A few people jumping ship to another forum won't impact the money generated by advertising and the like on here.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Pretty much in the same way that if there was an external triathlon forum that took off and took tri talk away from here, they wouldn't be missed.

They don't care. A few people jumping ship to another forum won't impact the money generated by advertising and the like on here.
    As illustrated by the aforementioned poker.

You need to look on boards as a Friend With Benefits rather than a potential life partner. That way, it wont break your heart. :p

It doesnt make a whole lot of difference to me tbh, right now. I still get to see tri topics, and post on my log, and slag the guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

They did care about 1 tri poster as far as iam concerned ;-)
    But I have to say I am dissapointed that they dodnt care about their volunteers.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Zuppy

tunney wrote: »
    January, February, March, April, May, June, July.......

AUGUST!!!! Woohoo! Not only no forum but it is still raining.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

I clicked in hope but you dashed my hopes. My reference to Poker earlier was they realized that boards did not give a **** so they moved on and started their own forum which is thriving. That's the problem when some companies get too big they forget their roots and who helped them get there....the users.

• Advertisement

I clicked in hope but you dashed my hopes. My reference to Poker earlier was they realized that boards did not give a **** so they moved on and started their own forum which is thriving. That's the problem when some companies get too big they forget their roots and who helped them get there....the users.

Something like this? :)

http://z13.invisionfree.com/Boards_Triathlon/index.php

Literally took 5 minutes.

So do we club together to buy that nice catchy domain to go with it?

So do we club together to buy that nice catchy domain to go with it?

I post on a Leeds forum that we set up on the free software after the official site forum was pulled. There's only a handful of us though, no newbies really ever join/find us. Two more Leeds forums have a contributers account set up which the users put money into to support the hosting, software etc + ads. That way means that newbies can find it too. If there's interest...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I've lit a fire under someone this evening. Hopefully we'll see some movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Took me a few minutes of looking at the A/R/T forum to figure out what was wrong.

Our own forum !!:D

• Advertisement

Amz wrote: »

If it was that easy why did it take 5 months? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I post on a Leeds forum that we set up on the free software after the official site forum was pulled. There's only a handful of us though, no newbies really ever join/find us. Two more Leeds forums have a contributers account set up which the users put money into to support the hosting, software etc + ads. That way means that newbies can find it too. If there's interest...

I didn't know you were that old :confused:;)

Did RQ's new forum put the wind up someone?

Nobody's forcing people to stay here :)

Some people have real lives that don't revolve around boards and sometimes things get overlooked, as a mod and as someone who's been on boards for 8 years, you'd think you'd be aware of that by now.

Nobody's forcing people to stay here :)

Some people have real lives that don't revolve around boards and sometimes things get overlooked, as a mod and as someone who's been on boards for 8 years, you'd think you'd be aware of that by now.
    As a mod who also has a real life and who has been here 8 years yadda yadda, I also know that sometimes things get overlooked continually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

As a mod who also has a real life and who has been here 8 years yadda yadda, I also know that sometimes things get overlooked continually.

What have we learned?

If you follow the recommended Boards flowchart to get a forum approved, it gets put on the long finger.

If you stamp your feet, threaten to leave, and "light a fire under someone's ass", it gets approved and set up.

Thanks to all involved in setting it up, but there are reasonable criticisms of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Jaysus, what kind of matches did you use?:eek:
    :D

Yup, the next time I have an issue with ANYONE, Im getting Amz on the case.

Lulz!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

If it was that easy why did it take 5 months? :confused:
    Pushing the buttons is easy. The decision sometimes takes time. Frustrating from your side I'm sure, but there you go.

I made your new forum. You're most welcome.

Now, if someone could kindly let me know by PM if new Mods are needed that would be just lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

g'em wrote: »
    Pushing the buttons is easy. The decision sometimes takes time. Frustrating from your side I'm sure, but there you go.

Now, if someone could kindly let me know by PM if new Mods are needed that would be just lovely.

Thanks for the forum. :)

Is one mod enough? We just have mcos at the minute.

g'em wrote: »
    Only frustrating because of the lack of feedback, so it just appears like nothings going on.

And dang purty it is too. Shoulda known it was you. You are omnipresent. Like one of those multi armed indian godesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Thanks for the forum. :)

Is one mod enough? We just have mcos at the minute.

(Never thought I'd be saying this)
    I reckon tunney would be a suitable mod.

Only frustrating because of the lack of feedback, so it just appears like nothings going on.
    The New Forums Admin is largely AFK for RL reasons and there's actually only a few of us who know how to press the new Forum buttons without making explosions. I'm not one of them. I still break stuff all the time :D This one did take a while though, not going to gloss over that. Have fun with it :)

Oryx wrote:
    And dang purty it is too. Shoulda known it was you. You are omnipresent. Like one of those multi armed indian godesses.
    That would be so handy for eating a bag of Doritos... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    (Never thought I'd be saying this)
    I reckon tunney would be a suitable mod.

Careful now...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Reckon he'd keep everyone on their toes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

I've followed up on both the logs sub forum and Mod queries...

You've a shiny new Training Log forum now too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Amz, you are amazing!!!!

• Advertisement

I know, it's one of my best qualities. Along with modesty :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement