Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish oral!

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭shellita

'borderline' cheating

try definitely cheating! but the examiner is in the wrong not you.

Its so unfair to hear people picked their poems and pictures when the rest of us are told to take it from a envelope and tough luck with whatever you got.
    There is a huge difference between some of the pictures and it shouldn't be like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭shellita

l_f wrote: »
    Are u doing it for primary teaching ! Iam anyway....need to get at least a C3

yes me too, no way I got it. Messed up the leamhthuiscints.
    We spent most of the year in class on the novel, poems and stories.
    1 class on oral, 1 on leamhthuiscints and 1 on essays

Paper 1:
    Aural not great
    Essay : Is Ireland a welcoming country I said no because of cúlú eacnamaíochta and did 2.5 pages on it.

Paper 2:

Novel An Triail, was supposed to give each Q 40 mins, well after an hour I was still doing the novel and I said feck it may as well finish.
    So novel after 1 hour 20 min 3.5 pages.
    Story about Lísin was grand.
    Poem we had never discussed sounds and I mixed up my answers for the bit about why he loved it and where he was from.

Then I started the leamhthuiscints with about 20 min left for the 2 of them. Got half way in both.

So I know I can't have got an honor. Tried my best and learned some Irish.
    Guess I'll be doing it this year again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Anyone else feeling worried about this?

I'm in OL and my vocabulary in Irish is very limited as it has been a struggle for me since Primary level. I've been doing Japanese for over a year now and have well surpassed my level of Irish in it. I have no trouble when it comes to remembering stuff for the written work such as poems, stories etc but that's only 60% of the exam (I think). My teacher just gives us sheets upon sheets of things to learn for the oral and it's not doing me any good what so ever.

Just curious as to how everyone here is preparing for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭airmax87

You bumped a three year old thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 johnd21

airmax87 wrote: »
    You bumped a three year old thread.

well done, that is very observant of you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Reminding those to whom it is relevant, that operating two accounts is not welcome here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement