Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

We know what we are...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Congratulations to all involved with CCFC. Now let's win that double! :)

431745.jpg

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Great goal from maguire for Preston today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Brought some tourists to the game last night as they wanted to see some live football.

Was my first time at the cross also.

Really good night and great crowd.

Congrats on the title hopefully you do the double.

Sadlier is class!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭dwasol

running a mini bus to the game, 5 seats left , hope to leave cork at 10, Dublin at 6.15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Outstanding! CCFC's first double! Well done to all involved!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Worztron wrote: »
    Outstanding! CCFC's first double! Well done to all involved!

Super Keeper

Champions of Ireland!!

#makemineadouble

• Registered Users Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Could not go for Personal reasons, but what a season.

Dundalk were better team overall but we had best chances and what I loved about yesterday was never say die attitude.

Happy for Campion too. I know he aint good enough, but he does give 100% and while ge drives me nuts he a trier and really cant ask for more. Was lovely goal

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Today is arguably the sweetest hangover I have ever had. When Dundalk scored I thought that was that. Couldn’t see a way back. But a spirit was awoken in them and BOOM.

The penalties was the most tense and horrific experience I have ever gone through in 30ish years supporting CCFC.

Special words for Shep. Many questioned his professionalism and would he take it easy against his new employers. He didn’t and he showed balls to step up for the first penalty. Also his assist was glorious.

Bolger was immense when he came on. Seeing him play like that again makes him a huge loss.

What a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Bohs man myself, great to see Cork do the double. Brilliant season, well deserved.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Was offline for a few days......what a win !! To bring it back from the depths of despair.....to take it to pens.....for Super Keeper to make the difference.....unreal!

No better way to win!

What an unbelievable year we have had. The run of wins....the lead at the top.....Seanie on fire......Seanie gone.....the capitulation of form.....the League being won.....the cup win.....the way we won...

Surely there'll never be a better time to be a City supporter!!

The very hard work begins in earnest now to formulate a squad for next year....but let's just bask in the absolute Glory of this season for a while.

Cork City F.C. are Double Champions motherfúckas !!!!

Lads can ya die of a hangover?

Shep :):):)

I would like to thank Stephen Kenny for being a complete numbnuts and convincing Shep that he doesnt want to play for him :)

I’ll have to have this smile surgically removed from my face!!

#didntfancyheranyway :rolleyes:

Im not going to be a hypocrite. I was very disappointed in how Shep performed for the most part of the latter part of the season. But in the 3 biggest games - Dundalk at home, Limerick semi final and cup final he played great games. Losing him to Dundalk would have been a poor statement from us as well as well as Dundalk possibly being able to say they can take who they want.

I said when this was meant to be going through I hated to lose him as a winger. As a striker, meh, Dundalk can have him. Lets hope he goes back to the right wing where he truly belongs and the management bring in a few actual strikers in the close season.

I hope now that Beattie follows suit. Garry Buckley is also OOC. I don't want him to go either. A scapegoat for many, but his value to the team is literally immeasurable. No one quite knows WTF he does, but when he isn't there we don't tick as fluidly :). Dooley too. He goes hot and cold, but would prefer him being with us than a rival.

Also welcome Tobi Rowling.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

bot43 wrote: »
    #didntfancyheranyway :rolleyes:

Im not going to be a hypocrite. I was very disappointed in how Shep performed for the most part of the latter part of the season. But in the 3 biggest games - Dundalk at home, Limerick semi final and cup final he played great games. Losing him to Dundalk would have been a poor statement from us as well as well as Dundalk possibly being able to say they can take who they want.

I said when this was meant to be going through I hated to lose him as a winger. As a striker, meh, Dundalk can have him. Lets hope he goes back to the right wing where he truly belongs and the management bring in a few actual strikers in the close season.

I hope now that Beattie follows suit. Garry Buckley is also OOC. I don't want him to go either. A scapegoat for many, but his value to the team is literally immeasurable. No one quite knows WTF he does, but when he isn't there we don't tick as fluidly :). Dooley too. He goes hot and cold, but would prefer him being with us than a rival.

Also welcome Tobi Rowling.
    I agree on Buckley. He's sloppy, he seems to mope around, but when he's there we win. In reality he's a old school hard player that is a nightmare to play against. When we don't have the ball he pressuring and getting stuck in and considering he's usually behind the striker it puts huge pressure on the opposition. On the ball he's less impressive, but every year he chips in with more goals than anyone outside of the front-men.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Thoughts on McNamee?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,295 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thoughts on McNamee?

WIll be a big improvement on Bucks in the #10 role

Badly needs to visit the barbers tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,123 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Been one of our most consistent players for several years now. Was also our joint leading scorer with 10 this season.

A big loss for Derry. And in a stronger side should fit in well. He doesn't do anything fancy, but he does the simple stuff well.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Well Done

post count

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What's that Dundalk fool of a manager giving out about now?

What's that Dundalk fool of a manager giving out about now?

I’m not quite sure that even he knows currently

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sylvanb

Josh O'Hanlon to City - squad taking shape

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I’m not quite sure that even he knows currently

He's always bitching about something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,422 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Good to see Garry Buckley sign up for another 2 years. Squad looking good, just need to raid across the water for a striker in January now to add a huge part of the jigsaw.

Nice interview with Shep on RTE last night

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2017/1206/925557-sheppard-i-couldnt-really-trust-kenny/

The butthurt of the Dundalk contingent is hilarious about this. But I guess most of them only started supporting Dundalk in September 2014 so they are used to getting their own way all the time.

I can see the games between City and Dundalk getting increasingly more bitter in the new season. At least 6 meetings with the presidents cup and the FAI Cup Final.

http://m.lasemainedansleboulonnais.fr/montreuillois/elisez-la-personnalite-de-l-annee-2017-dans-le-ia724b0n230762

Lads Achille needs yer help to win a vote for um....mmmm...well..., I actually have no idea what it’s for but after his cup final heroics he deserves our votes!

http://m.lasemainedansleboulonnais.fr/montreuillois/elisez-la-personnalite-de-l-annee-2017-dans-le-ia724b0n230762

Lads Achille needs yer help to win a vote for um....mmmm...well..., I actually have no idea what it’s for but after his cup final heroics he deserves our votes!

Done , he has about about 980 now and he is in the lead by about 80 votes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Vote for the 2017 Person of the Year in Montreuillois (poll)

Achille Campion

Former football player at the Touquet club, Achille Campion lives an extraordinary adventure with his Irish club in Cork. After a year rich in four titles, he scored in November a goal in the final of Ireland Cup, propelling his club at the same time in the Champions League.

I wonder how many of those 986 votes (at the time of typing) came from Cork! :pac:

Advertisement