Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City FC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Quiet in here :pac:

Great to beat them tonight. Kept in tight in the first half. Drove at them in the second and defended very well once we scored.

Kenny was very clearly rattled in the interview afterwards. Complaining enough the pitch a few times, ironic much! Pitch has been better but it wasnt really an issue that a manager of a plastic pitch should go on about.
    It was really nice watching him, he was sooooooo gutted. :D

When Tony O D didn’t bite the first time he mentioned it again! Bar the goal mouths nothing too bad about it! Thought Danny Kane was excellent and Colm Horgan done such a job on Duffy that Duffy was moved to Kane’s side (again Kane snuffed him out) special mention to Karl Sheppard tonight! Good game, not his best but put in a great shift in front of HIS fans to show Kenny why he stayed for nights like this! Hearing about Hoban clapping the shed makes ya wonder does he regret not lowering his terms last year !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

huge win for cork, even mentally

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

Thank god for the goal post too 2 great saves,,,, great game the second half was on fire for the whole game,,,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭snotboogie

City and Dundalk starting to open up a gap between themselves and the rest again

City ticking along nicely at the moment. Not playing brilliant but doing well. Jimmy Keohane having a great season so far in fairness to him and a lot of competition for places all over the park with the likes of Cherie Beattie Kane Barry Sheppard not starting regularly and McCarthy O Hanlon and others doing well when called upon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Season defining 10 days ahead. Away to SPA tomorrow which is a tough one given their form (tuesday aside). Double header then next weekend home to Derry and Waterford.

Take 7 points and we are doing well. Take 9 and Dundalk are wondering what they have to do to shake us off.

I fear though this season is going to come down to the 4 games between Dundalk and ourselves though.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

That's a decent signing by Cork City.

Damien Delaney.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very happy to be signing him. 36 is old enough but the experience he will bring to the team and the squad will be very welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

He's still got 2-3 years in him for loi quality. Great signing, just hope he's not costing too much

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not surprised to go out to Legia. They are a big club afterall. But I really wish we had a cut off them at home. First half, keep it tight, which we did. Second half attack them as if they were Bray!! Away leg keep it tight again till about 60-70 then attack to try to score a goal. That would have been more then enough. Considering they are pre season, we should have done better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Did well enough. The errors by Cherrie and Buckley were farcical and cost 2 goals. But Legia are significantly better - they won 4-0 without putting in too much effort. The City lads were knackered from the work they put in. Different level altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

Considering Legia brought on a sub that they'd paid €6 million for....it's another level. The scoreline flattered them. We need to be far better at finishing and taking our chances in Europe though.

All of this should be seen in the context of a league where City are trying their level best and being as professional as possible but are not sure if they will be playing league games against Bray or Limerick soon due to the dire situations those clubs are in. You can be damn sure that isn't happening to Legia. They play consistently better opposition week in, week out, than we do and that helps in the long run.

Still hungover after the trip to Warsaw! We wasted some great chances over the two legs. Can’t miss these chances in Europe! Lovely stadium and Legia are massivly supported over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

Does anyone know if you can buy a ticket for the away end for the Waterford match next week at the RSC on the night, or are you better off buying in advance. Was there a bit of a spat between the club's regarding this earlier in the season? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Moghead wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can buy a ticket for the away end for the Waterford match next week at the RSC on the night, or are you better off buying in advance. Was there a bit of a spat between the club's regarding this earlier in the season? Thanks.

I'm a FORAS member and we normally get told if we need to buy tickets in advance - nothing this week yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I'll be taking a trip to the Club shop over the weekend. Would they have any tickets for the Waterford game there, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

I'll be taking a trip to the Club shop over the weekend. Would they have any tickets for the Waterford game there, does anyone know?

No mention of them been on sale at this stage and I don't forsee an issue with turning up without tickets on the night,

Sad to see Campion go, never did much with City but scored v Dundalk in the cup final ....so he's a legend !!

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Sad to see Campion go, never did much with City but scored v Dundalk in the cup final ....so he's a legend !!

Ditto.

I was always a fierce critic of him but appreciated the effort he put in when he did get a few minutes as a sub. And of course I loved him after the goal in the final!

Kinda reminds me now of a slightly dim, annoying nephew, that you are fond of despite his faults :D

Never been to the RSC before, for some reason, but I'm driving down on Friday.

What's the story with car parking? There seem to be a few car parks around but only for customers, eg PC World, Kingsmeadow, Superquinn, etc.

I see that the RSC car park itself has 260 spaces, but as I'll be leaving Cork at 5pm, I'm wondering if this might be full by the time I get there?

• Advertisement

Never been to the RSC before, for some reason, but I'm driving down on Friday.

What's the story with car parking? There seem to be a few car parks around but only for customers, eg PC World, Kingsmeadow, Superquinn, etc.

I see that the RSC car park itself has 260 spaces, but as I'll be leaving Cork at 5pm, I'm wondering if this might be full by the time I get there?

There’s a shopping center right next door you can park in. I parked there last time they welcome the match night traffic

MrMac84 wrote: »
    There’s a shopping center right next door you can park in. I parked there last time they welcome the match night traffic

Thanks Mr Mac. Any decent pubs nearby so at least my passengers can get a pint before the game?

Thanks Mr Mac. Any decent pubs nearby so at least my passengers can get a pint before the game?

The bar the city fans normally go to is around 5 minutes drive.. last time I was there I drove to the pub then drove to the car park next to the ground and went in. Everyone was happy that way! I can’t remember the name of the bar but will find out

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

Best of luck to the lads tomorrow. It would be nice to rattle Dundalk once more.

#RebelArmy

#3inarow

I would be shocked if we win tomorrow.
    But cup finals are all about shocks .
    I'll be in a bar in Teneriffe with the jersey on, roaring at the tv.
    I fully expect a low scoring game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Is Hoban playing? I hope not.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

Balls!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Better team overall won... terrible from griffin losing the ball where he did but themselves the breaks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Absolutely gutted and devastated.

Big off season ahead. Dundalk are gonna get stronger again. We need to lose 4/5 players and get in 6/7.

Advertisement