Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Bay's....Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Well they talk too but if the Turtles get the same treatment then we've already heard their entire dialogue for the film in that trailer.

I don't remember Donatello saying anything in the trailer. Maybe they are going to make him mute like they did with Bumblebee.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Judging by the trailer I would say no. There's a bit where Fitchner says "We're going to upgrade your armour" and we get a brief glimpse of a bald man in shadows. Although imdb does have him playing "The Shredder" so maybe he dons the armour at some stage himself

I don't think this needs to be spoilered. It's in the trailer and the movie's selling point is hardly going to be it's intricate plot :pac:

I took what he said as "we're upgrading your armour, now it's my armour", so I think it's pretty clear Fitchner is playing Shredder. Says it on IMDB too as you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Bacchus wrote: »
    I don't think this needs to be spoilered. It's in the trailer and the movie's selling point is hardly going to be it's intricate plot :pac:

I took what he said as "we're upgrading your armour, now it's my armour", so I think it's pretty clear Fitchner is playing Shredder. Says it on IMDB too as you say.

I wasn't sure. Some people may be avoiding the trailer. Better safe than sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Nope, f*ck everything about this and Michael Bay.

Nope nope nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 atog

at least megan fox is in it

• Advertisement

atog wrote: »
    at least megan fox is in it

Fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-not-sure-if-sarcasm-or-serious-e14739.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33 atog

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm on the fence about going to this, the turtles look bizarre and the Shredder armour is just way OTT. I love the original movie, yeah its aged but it has a lot of charm, and is pretty dark in places for a kids movie. The turtle suits look better than the cgi in the new one too. In fact their appearance has gotten worse with each film

1990 movie:

TMNTTM.jpg

TMNT II (how derpy does Donatello look?!)

tmnt.jpg

TMNT III
    936full-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-iii-screenshot.jpg

That godawful tv show

venus-de-milo-the-forgotten-female-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-header.jpg

TMNT 2014 (what's why the noses?)

turtles+all.jpg

krudler wrote: »

That godawful tv show

venus-de-milo-the-forgotten-female-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtle-header.jpg

First I've heard of a TV show … why are there five?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

First I've heard of a TV show … why are there five?

One was a girl.

• Advertisement

One was a girl.

Oh god, you're right!! I've just noticed the "boobs"

Was she a sister or a girlfriend?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I can't remember, I have only vague memories of the show. Don't recall her being a love interest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Venus. She was either a sister or cousin. Learned martial arts in Japan and some magical powers too I think.

Fcukin terrible show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I can't remember, I have only vague memories of the show. Don't recall her being a love interest though.

Didn't they get separated as babies and she got raised by someone else who taught her kung fu?

There was a crossover episode with the power rangers too.

Stanky awful show :(

Tried to watch the live action series a few months back and don't t think I managed to get through a single episode, it really is just unwatchable trash.

The animated movie a few years ago was watchable.

It was more than watchable, it was a damn fine little film and I really would have liked to see them do a sequel. Kevin Munro who directed it is co-directing the Ratchet and Clank film, I'm assuming he returned to CGI cinema to lick his wounds after the critical and commercial drubbing he suffered with his Dylan Dog adaptation.

TMNT? yeah it was, there's been so many different shows and spinoffs now it's mind boggling. There's the original show, the 2003 reboot, the awful live action one, the cgi one, the newer cgi one ( I think) and there was a few movies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Release date for the movie in Australia September 11 (9/11)
    Paramount had to apologize.
    "Combining that image and date was a mistake. We intended no offense and have taken immediate action to discontinue its use."

movies-teenange-mutant-ninja-turtles-poster-9-11.jpg

^ Oh ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The cynic in me thinks that was intentional to get more publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Release date for the movie in Australia September 11 (9/11)
    Paramount had to apologize.

movies-teenange-mutant-ninja-turtles-poster-9-11.jpg

Did something happen in Australia, on that date?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

Did something happen in Australia, on that date?

I would say it more to do with 9/11 as it affected the world at that date.
    I could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

cena wrote: »
    I would say it more to do with 9/11 as it affected the world at that date.
    I could be wrong

It was also the date my pet turtle died. Paramount you insensitive b*stards!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I seem to remember the producer of TMNT demolishing most of downtown Chicago in Transformers 3, yet nobody batted an eyelid. Hard to see this as anything other than a cheap way to drum up some publicity in the morning free-papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭gagomes

According to IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1291150/releaseinfo) the movie was released in U.S last week and it's only going to be released here in 2 months, wtf is going on? I've never seen a release phased so far apart, any reason for this?

gagomes wrote: »
    According to IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1291150/releaseinfo) the movie was released in U.S last week and it's only going to be released here in 2 months, wtf is going on? I've never seen a release phased so far apart, any reason for this?

It's released this week in the US, tomorrow in fact.

There's some showings here tonight I'll be seeing it in a few hours, rock bottom expectations tbh I cant imagine it's going to be any way good but oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

It's released this week in the US, tomorrow in fact.

That's unusual these days to have so long between the US and European releases?

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    That's unusual these days to have so long between the US and European releases?

Unusual but not unheard of. Generally it's Disney who still have the stagnated releases but I'm assuming that this was done so that they could resuse much of the promotional material. Reviews are decent enough for the film so you'd have expected a simultanious release world wide. The US home release was schedule for mid October so I imagine that a lot of people like myself who grew up with the comic, tv series and films will simply import that Region A Blu-Ray which will hurt the box office over here.

Advertisement