Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Bay's....Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Not crazy with how Leonardo looked. He looks like the hump-backed turtle of Notre Dame.

I will say Im glad Michaelangelo opened his mouth in the trailer. Im just hoping thats not the only thing that gets said by a turtle in the movie like Transformers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

The guy who is directing it also directed 'Wrath of the Titans' and 'Battle: Los Angeles'. This does not fill me with much hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Spud83 wrote: »
    Pfft people were always going to hate on this due to the man involved. The Turtles look good to me, and it's all about having the right mix of humour and action. That's all that's required for this, it's a turn your brain off enjoy the nostalgia blockbuster.

Only complaint is too much of O'Neill in the trailer, and what looks like some silly plot to have her linked to the turtles or Shredders creation.

I have a feeling the film is going to be linked closer to the new run of cartoons and comics. In the new comics, she was a lab assistant to Stockman (Like in the original comics), but it was him, not the TCRI aliens, that made the goo.

Also, I think the turtles look stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Megan Fox must be giving Michael Bay really good head as she has to be one of the worst actors out there. Total chick though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

My only problem with it so far is they have people noses and they look a little ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Anybody find that 'joke' at the end with the eye mask absolutely awful? It wasn't even a joke. Usually they through in a bit of humor in the last 2 or 3 seconds to end a trailer, but it wasn't even appraoching a joke. It was kind of weird really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

Surely the original costumes are locked open somewhere that could of used them instead of using CGI. They look very butch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Corholio wrote: »
    Anybody find that 'joke' at the end with the eye mask absolutely awful?

No, I laughed - less so on consecutive viewings though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I want a technodrome. I hoped for a second when I saw the building breaking in the first scene of the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Best thing about the trailer (and probably the movie) is William Fichtner as Shredder. Everything else looks awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

For a film that is not directed by Michael Bay, that looks remarkably like a Michael Bay film.

It looks like they even copied and pasted Transformers intertitles and coloured them green!

He has his own font now :pac:

I thought it was a Bay directed film too, it definitely has the editing and lighting he goes for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Warper wrote: »
    Megan Fox must be giving Michael Bay really good head as she has to be one of the worst actors out there. Total chick though

She acts as well as looking like that?!?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Best thing about the trailer (and probably the movie) is William Fichtner as Shredder. Everything else looks awful.

William Fichtner is brilliant. He was one of the redeeming features of Prison Break when it took place outside of the prison. I thought his cameo in The Dark Knight was great as well.

Despite what everyone is saying, I'm very excited for this. TMNT were a huge part of my childhood. I'm not expecting a masterpiece. I want to be entertained.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭silverbolt

i hope its a fun movie,

but megan fox is just an horrendous addition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Despite what everyone is saying, I'm very excited for this. TMNT were a huge part of my childhood. I'm not expecting a masterpiece. I want to be entertained.

that's what we all said before Transformers

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭silverbolt

that's what we all said before Transformers

Im a massive TF fan (youtube channel, the toys, tattoos etc) and i enjoyed the third one. The first one is meh but the second can go to hell and burn.

But yeah, hardly the great glory we all wanted. Michael bloody Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Johnny Knoxville to voice Leonardo and Tony Shalhoub to voice Splinter.

New trailer makes it look decent enough, seems to be following the more adult nature of the comic than the previous films

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'd be tempted to go see this in the cinema, I'll wait to see the reviews though. Raphael sliding down the mountain and smashing into the jeep reminds me of the kind of ridiculous action in The A-Team movie, and if it's anything like that I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Early days but if that's any indication of the action/visuals, it's going to be as much of an incoherent mess as the Transformers series. Too much lens flare, darkness and fast moving camera action.... crap... did I just turn old in a single post.

Yay! TMNT! Donatello's my favourite! I'm going to twitter all over this when it comes out.

At least they're not aliens like it was originally rumoured (though that would have helped fit the likes of Krang in for future movies).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭p to the e

It doesn't look the absolute worst but neither did the trailers for transformers.

The mutagen could be alien in origin?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭FamousSeamus

The mutagen could be alien in origin?

That is what it was in the original comics, Aliens crash landed and were trying to leave and some of their mutagen was leaked into the sewers and landed on splinter and the turtles (very short here and details are left). I'm unsure about how this will turn out. The trailer looked ok but so did Transformers 2 and that turned out to be awful!! I'll still go see it as I was a huge fan of it as a kid and still get the comic of it now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Actually one thing I do really enjoy from it is that Donatello is pretty much covered in tech/gadgets. Such a nerdy turtle :D

New trailer makes it look decent enough, seems to be following the more adult nature of the comic than the previous films

The old animatronics were better looking

New posters

82686.jpg

82685.jpg

82684.jpg

82683.jpg

82667.jpg

82666.jpg

Pretty bland and I don't know why Shredder seems to be rocking scissor hands

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Pretty bland and I don't know why Shredder seems to be rocking scissor hands

Those posters are far superior to 90% of what we get these days, there's a bit of playfulness to them and it's a refreshing change of pace to see a blockbuster advertised without floating heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

When I first heard about this I was excited, then I heard Bay was doing it and felt a bit frustrated, then I saw the trailer and to be honest, they turtles look like the Hulk but with some kind of mental deficiency!

Those posters are far superior to 90% of what we get these days, there's a bit of playfulness to them and it's a refreshing change of pace to see a blockbuster advertised without floating heads.

There definitely more original which is promising given Bay's connection but I still think they're dull. Not very eye catching in my view but that could just be me

• Advertisement

Pic: Shredder!!

EDIT - I linked it in case people wanted to keep him a surprise

Advertisement