Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Bay's....Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mikey looks a bit feminine

y4rGiis.jpg

And thanks to Mikey's bandana, it looks like Donnie has the flame tattoo. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Where in the fuck did they get sunglasses that fit their massive, misshapen heads?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

giant talking turtles with ninja skills you don't have a problem with but oversized eye gear you do?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Where in the fuck did they get sunglasses that fit their massive, misshapen heads?
    Given it's a Michael Bay film, I'm sure you'll find out courtesy of a close-up and hold on whatever brand of sunglasses they're wearing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

They aren't sunglasses they are specs. Cos he is the nerdy scientist. They are even held together with tape in the middle. Cos even mutant ninja hero alien teenagers can be stereotypes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

They aren't sunglasses they are specs. Cos he is the nerdy scientist. They are even held together with tape in the middle. Cos even mutant ninja hero alien teenagers can be stereotypes.

look again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Ah hah hah. That's hilarious.

Now all I can see is Raphael.

I was equally po'd about the specs tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Skerries wrote: »
    giant talking turtles with ninja skills you don't have a problem with but oversized eye gear you do?

Given the Turtle mythos, certain things are possible. Dimension X, rock people, so on. No company I know of makes sun glasses big enough to fit over their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Given the Turtle mythos, certain things are possible. Dimension X, rock people, so on. No company I know of makes sun glasses big enough to fit over their heads.

"I was in the mall the other day, got stuck behind 4 giant turtles and a rat in the martial arts shop. They were buying the usual, nun-chuks, samurai swords, etc. I couldn't believe it, they were wearing sunglasses!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,487 ✭✭✭brevity

Does donatello look a bit like

Roz01..jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Keno wrote: »
    Sound like biscuits??

Or Sammiches

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Looks awful, no surprise really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Look at all that lovely blue and orange

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think the Turtles themselves look pretty good tbh, overall though the trailer doesn't look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Mick Bay signature shots....he really does love the money shot

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Retro Police

Everything about it looks awful. Pity, I was really hoping they could pull it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Pfft people were always going to hate on this due to the man involved. The Turtles look good to me, and it's all about having the right mix of humour and action. That's all that's required for this, it's a turn your brain off enjoy the nostalgia blockbuster.

Only complaint is too much of O'Neill in the trailer, and what looks like some silly plot to have her linked to the turtles or Shredders creation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,487 ✭✭✭brevity

I actually enjoyed the trailer until that last bit at the end. Decent set up, not too spoilery and the Turtles look good. Still not expecting much mind but it's a decent trailer imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skittlemon

Pardon my ignorance, but does this trailer suggest that the whole turtles are aliens idea has been binned in favour of "oooohh science" ?
    Cos if it has, my major gripe against this film is gone, everything else I'll put up with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

6476248_std.jpg

Blue and orange, blue and orange everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think it looks good being honest, and i hate Bay for what he did to the Transformers , I think the idea of having the trailer April heavy was not too reveal the turtles too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

New trailer is online.

Frankly, I much prefer this trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I just can't take the casting of Fox seriously, couldn't have gotten Anna Kendrick? Emma Stone? that chick from Dredd? all would have made good Aprils

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

krudler wrote: »
    I just can't take the casting of Fox seriously, couldn't have gotten Anna Kendrick? Emma Stone? that chick from Dredd? all would have made good Aprils

When has Bay ever cast his female leads with even remotely credible actors? They're more often than not page 3 types, there for eye-candy purposes; I'm more surprised Megan Fox is appearing in this anyway - did herself and Bay have a massive falling out?

Anyway, the trailer looked exactly as I expected it to, nothing can be said about it really that hasn't been said before. Standard Michael Bay stuff by way of Transformers (that snow sequence looked as incomprehensible and dizzying as any of the Bayformer films. Yay.)

edit: so Bay's not directing this it seems. Not that it seems to make a difference in the end-result.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,095 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

For a film that is not directed by Michael Bay, that looks remarkably like a Michael Bay film.

It looks like they even copied and pasted Transformers intertitles and coloured them green!

For a film that is not directed by Michael Bay, that looks remarkably like a Michael Bay film.

It looks like they even copied and pasted Transformers intertitles and coloured them green!

*monocle*
    Good lord, you're right. I genuinely thought Bay was directing this, and as you say the trailer itself was so Bay'like I guess I didn't question that presumption. Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Looks grand. I love the Turtles because of the 90s cartoon, and I'm not under the illusion that it was a masterpiece in plotting. If they got the relationship between the turtles right I'll be happy.

Has it been confirmed which version of Raphael they're using. Sarcastic, rude Raph of the cartoon was always my favourite but supposedly the Raphael with anger management issues of the 00s cartoon is supposedly closer to the comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have never met Michael Bay so im unsure as to why he keeps raping my childhood :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

For the sake of the fact I've watched the Turtles growing up and have watched every one of their films (bad or good), I will go and watch this. I don't like the way they have human mouths merged into the faces, though. It kind of makes them look like aliens.

Nonetheless, it's TMNT, and I'll watch it solely because I'm a fan of them. *gulp...*

EDIT: I have to add, it might not be directed by Michael Bay, but it is his production company that's involved, after all. So, director or not, it's going to look like a Michael Bay-esque film... Not that I'm remotely ecstatic about it, or anything..

Advertisement