Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I hope they stick with Jones at G as opposed to putting back in Newhouse and shifting Hart to G

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Landon Collins NFC DPOY for his 2nd consecutive game. First safety to do that since Troy Polamalu in 2010.

Troy was defensive player of the year that season, by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

We've still been one of the teams least impacted by injuries this year. Thompson sadly hasn't been a factor for most of the year and I think this has been coming. Sounds like Cruz may play Monday so really I imagine 31 teams would love to swap for our injury curse.

Agreed, Beefy. Even Keenan Robinson and Kennard who are notoriously injury prone are holding up well, which has really helped our linebackers and defense in general.

Shame about DT as I was pretty excited to see what he could do. Even more so as he loosens the reigns on Collins that bit more also. Adams has been doing OK though, thankfully.

I'm hopeful that Perkins starts getting more of a share of the snaps now, going forward, and help to spark the offense. An issue we have, and was glaringly obvious in the 4th quarter vs the Eagles, is that when Jennings came back in, everyone knew it was a passing down. The major case of this was when Barwin tipped the pass and it ended up an INT.

Perkins blocking isn't at the blocking level of Jennings yet, so to keep opposing Ds honest, for want of a better term, we'll have to rotate the RBs a little bit so as its not blatantly obvious on those third and short situation, or elsewhere, what it is we are doing.

• Advertisement

Anyone gonna watch the game tonight? Considering attempting to sleep early and then get up at half one and see how much I can watch before nodding off again.

Can't say I'm all that confident, as over the past few years we've failed at every big game hurdle. After the results yesterday, we need to win.

Home game against a decent, but ultimately not great, Bengals team. If we have any hope of reaching the playoffs, we need to be making a statement here, and over the next three games really.

I'll be getting up at 5.30ish to watch before work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Once again the defence saves us.. Eli's decision making baffles me.. But I think close wins makes us stronger..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

the decision to go for it on 4th down looks inspired now that we won. if we can win the next 2, it cements our wild card spot and hope that the cowgirls lose at least one. But the Browns are going to beat us, arent they........!!

In my head we're now 8-3, which in the NFL is always a dangerous line of thought, and even more so with the Giants. I'll be gutted if we don't win against the Bears and the Browns though.

Great win last night. We've ground our way through some tough games this year. Not the most inspiring of victories, but it will stand to us.

• Advertisement

Giants haven't been good at winning those games the last few years. Bengals are a good side who should have gone deep in the Play-Offs last year with a good QB, a top five Receiver and IMO the best Tight End other than Gronk in the league. It was only by a point but that's despite two bad picks and giving them two drive starting positions inside the red zone.

I think the pass rush issue and the lack of sacks has been shown to be a bit misleading - if we can just stop losing the turnover battle and can find a way to run the ball somehow then this should be a good season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭boccy23

Killer part of the schedule is that at the end, 4 of our last 6 are on the road including week 16 @ Eagles and week 17 @ Redskins. The two home games against Dallas and Detroit are now vital.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Killer part of the schedule is that at the end, 4 of our last 6 are on the road including week 16 @ Eagles and week 17 @ Redskins. The two home games against Dallas and Detroit are now vital.

Aye, which is why I'll be especially gutted if we don't enter that stretch 8-3.

Bears
    @Browns
    @Steelers
    Cowboys
    Lions
    @Eagles
    @Redskins

I don't see us catching Dallas, so its Wild Card or bust for us. 10-6, with the way the rest of the NFC is shaping up, might clinch it. We'd be counting on Washington and Philly not overtaking us, though. Although its very possible that NFC East sends three teams to the playoffs.

My take, we need to win Bears, Browns and the final game v Washington. If we can pick another win up from the Steelers, Cowboys, Lions and Eagles, we'd be in good stead.

Who knows what happens with injuries and everything else that the NFL brings to the fore in the next few weeks, however, but I'm cautiously optimistic of a playoff berth now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Recorded the game and watched it last night. Eli's INT's were so poor, really bad Eli. I will say that he was really not helped with a number of drops so his performance was not the worst. The O-line did well all things considered.

I think we should look to start Perkins in the back field going forward, he looks more likely to get it done than Jennings, he seems to find it easier to locate what little running lanes are there.

The D did a great job, Jenkins and Vernon in particular were beasts. It is good to be getting over the line in these tight games.

We haven't lost with Jennings as the starter. I think we lost all three in which he didn't play. Eli is clearly so much more comfortable with Jennings in the backfield for extra protection. He also looked better as a runner than Perkins did the other night, IMO.

I think Perkins is the future but I can see why Jennings gets the starts and I think with either we're going to be a 30-32nd ranked rushing attack.

I like Perkins getting more snaps, for sure, as I'm hopeful we can actually get a good rotation system between himself and Jennings going then. Vereen is such a loss for this offense though.

Jennings did well in the 4 min offense Monday night to close out the game. 2nd time this year he's done that, although the first might have been week 1 v the Cowboys, so its some time in the making.

Hopefully we can get those two working in tandem to get the offense back to where it needs to be over the next few weeks.

Trap game for us tonight

Hopefully we don't let the Bears stick around

typical Giants

Playing down to the opposition

Making Bears O seem like the best in NFL

Getting beaten up physically

typical Giants

Playing down to the opposition

Making Bears O seem like the best in NFL

Getting beaten up physically

• Advertisement

How do we manage to make jay cutler....jay cutler look good?

only positive is it's only 7 points at half time and we're playing awfully

wawaman wrote: »
    How do we manage to make jay cutler....jay cutler look good?

Well at least you can always rely on jay cutler to be .......well jay cutler. In fairness the d stepped up again in the 2nd half. Landon Collins is immense

Job done

Great to get a W despite playing poorly

we def don't do easy

making hard work of the Browns

Rainey has 1 job yet he messes up the punt

Funny he wasn't benched after it

Another win where you come away from the game without actually thinking we played well. We're a bizarre team.

The defense is obviously playing great, but the offense is just baffling at times.

Happy to have Pugh back for Steelers next week. That'll be a real litmus test for us now.

Dear New York Giants

Pay JPP

Thanks

Bad loss, just never got going on offense

wawaman wrote: »
    Bad loss, just never got going on offense

Our o-line is pretty poor, all things considered. Its saved by the quick release a lot, but any time we need to give Eli decent protection, its not there.

I know Pugh is injured, but the problems run deeper than that unfortunately.

Ereck Flowers has been so poor. The contrast in his development to that of Collins is actually frightening.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Ereck Flowers has been so poor. The contrast in his development to that of Collins is actually frightening.

Flowers just strikes me as plain dumb, never learns. That thing with pushing the reporter was stupid

Advertisement