Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I just want to avoid the Falcons.

I fear Green Bay more, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Knex. wrote: »
    I fear Green Bay more, to be honest.

Way way more, the Falcons are a bit meh and that is a nice place to play. Going to a frozen Lambeau in January is tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭wawaman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Vereen reinjured his triceps last night

Redskins losing last night is big enough for the G-men.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Redskins losing last night is big enough for the G-men.

Yea we have 1 & a half feet in the playoffs now.

Janoris Jenkins and Jonathan Casilas as both listed as doubtful for tonight. The Eagles have Lane Johnson back which is obviously a huge help to them. That being said with our secondary against that mediocre bunch of recievers we should be able to shut them down enough for another low scoring win.

Tonight is a massive banana skin for me, I'll be staying up for it too

Tonight is a massive banana skin for me, I'll be staying up for it too

Oh I don't think I have it in me. If my daughter obliges with a nights sleep I will take that!!

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Oh I don't think I have it in me. If my daughter obliges with a nights sleep I will take that!!

Same here! My logic is if we win then I can enjoy watching it tomorrow, if we lose then I didn't miss anything!

• Advertisement

Yeah, have tomorrow off so I'll be watching!

That was a tough one to take.

I watched the 1st half this morning, I thought Eli was terrible. The amount of throws that are ending up at guys feet is unbelievable and that pick 6 was terrible. I have to seriously doubt we can do anything in the playoffs unless Eli gets out of this funk.

OBJ was great, alot will be made of the post game "growling" but that is just him being him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Apart from poor Eli the refs were terrible

That roughing the passer on Vernon was unreal

That's intentional grounding just as much

So we're in the playoffs......

Least that is 1 more Giants game for the season :)

As it stands don't fancy going to seattle

Our d is amazing, shame to say an offence containing obj is letting it down

Terrible viewing in second half

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

If we lose twice to the Redskins having dominated both games I'm going to cry a little inside. FFS. The conservative play calling second half never ends well no matter how many times we see it.

Edit - DRC!!!! I love our Defense!

So it's away to Green Bay or Detroit

• Advertisement

Lambeau it is. Our D will give us a chance, I fear when push comes to shove Eli and co will fall short

Giants opponents for 2017: Home games against the Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Rams, Seahawks, Chiefs, Chargers and Lions. Road games at Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, Arizona, San Francisco, Denver, Oakland and Tampa.

Not looking forward to playing Rodgers on this form. Even with our D, he'll put up points.

Wish our offense wasn't so pitiful, as if we could even guarantee 21 points you'd have to fancy our chances with the way our defense plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

The D needs to play just like it did against Dallas last month for us to have a chance. The pass-rush we have now even without JPP is unrecognisable from where it was when we played the Packers earlier in the season but I can still see Rodgers scrambling around getting free like he does so well. Spags needs to shut that down just like he did to Prescott.

I fancy Tye Montgomery to be dangerous too - they used the full back a lot against them Lions but I'd imagine they'll prefer Montgomery's shiftiness rather than attempting to bulldoze Snacks and Hankins which ain't happening.

I see Green Bay could be missing a few from their secondary which will be a big boost. Green Bays receivers vs our secondary is going to be a titanic battle. I can see us holding Green Bay to 17 to 20 points but I struggle to see how our offense can get anywhere close to scoring that much.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/odell-beckham-jr-giants-receivers-flew-miami-hang-boat-010217

Story about nothing if we win however if we lose it will be the new Tony Romo Cabo story

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/odell-beckham-jr-giants-receivers-flew-miami-hang-boat-010217

Story about nothing if we win however if we lose it will be the new Tony Romo Cabo story

Story about nothing regardless. OBJ is a torough pro (bit of a prima donna but torough pro).

Speaking of WR's, I know he has no shot at ORTY but Sterling Sheppard has been everything we were told he would be and more. You here about players who are " can't miss" but so often they do. All the Sheppard draft reports hit the mark 100%. If the O-Line can improve next year he & OBJ are going to create hell.

Saw a story on Football365's media watch today about one of the Spurs players "downing pints" at a darts event 72 hours before their game against Chelsea. Loads of sensational language with the last line or two stating that he was not drunk & was on a day off & that his manager had no issue with it. So many similarities to this I feel. Also I'm sure Miami is much nicer than New York at this time of year.

Elis words on Miami: "When I saw those pics I was a disappointed. We pride ourselves on preparation and they didn't pack accordingly

Great response by Eli

• Advertisement

Advertisement