Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

If I was to take one positive from the game it was actually that i don't think the offence was a complete garbage fire. Any time we lose people will be asking about Jones, but unless we lose because of Eli I don't get the argument. He was by no means the reason we lost last night. It must be hard as a quarterback to know your defence isn't going to get you many stops and have to try and force thing a bit. I think that Cowboys defence will be up there with the best this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    How long for the Daniel Jones show Krusty ?

I think Jones will start after the Patriots game in week 6

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭boccy23

We would have lost anyway, the the two calls on 3rd and short and then 4th and short drove me nuts.

GIVE THE BALL TO SAQUON.

In saying that, the D looked like a real worry. We had zero pressure, still can't cover anyone on the LB level, Bethea looks over the hill, Baker looked like a lost puppy (absolutely terrible on Coob's TD) and we were exposed when WRs were crossing something terrible.

p.s. Someone tell Corey Ballatine to take a knee on kick offs as well. Christ on a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Eli didn't have 1 passing yard in the 1st Quarter today

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭human 19

Eli didn't have 1 passing yard in the 1st Quarter today

Same procedure as last week. Saquon inspired opening TD, and then they stop using him. Then caught out by a pass to an empty backfield, leading to the equalising TD.

2 very bad throws by Eli, and they werent even long. If he continues like this I wouldnt be surprised to see Jones start the 2nd half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Surely the 2nd half can't get much worse...

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Surely the 2nd half can't get much worse...

Eli: "Hold my beer"

3rd and 3 and they try a pass. Jeez.

Core is shaping up nicely

Fans couldnt even be arsed booing anymore. Probably gone home already

• Advertisement

God we're a really really bad team again this season

That was a hard watch. The Defence is truly awful. We did get a little pressure but when the chips were down after the Jones TD, we folded like a deck of cards. The call on Lawrence was tough but the FG or a TD was never going to make too much difference to the outcome of the game.

Not sure where we go from here. The Offence is built around a power game to run the ball, but every drive seems to not run through Barkley. If we give it to the RB three times and it is a 3-and-out, I'm actually ok with that. I would like to see Jones. Not because he can help us win, but lets start the new regime at this stage and let him learn. This is another lost season already (6th 0-2 start in 7 seasons) so let him learn and we will see next year.

We need difference makers on the Defensive side of the ball though. Went from that game to looking at a combination of the Bears (Roquon Smith et al), the Rams (#99) and proper secondaries and it is really is like looking at two different games. We are playing D1 college level football and these guys have professional defences. We definitely don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I think we're all just a bit numb after years of this now. Apathy is a dangerous beast.

I was speaking to a dolphins fan earlier and he was going on about how bad they are for some perspective and I just go to him - but we're actually trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

So let me see if i have this right:
    We have no WR's
    We have a stud RB who isnt given enough touches
    Our QB is as mobile as a fourty foot
    Our defense is............well we dont have one
    A coach who isnt up to the job by the looks of things
    And a GM who is 50/50 at best

wawaman wrote: »
    We have no WR's

Our D co-ordinator who doesn't have the players for the game he is calling.
    A secondary which is laughable.
    We are cap impared so cannot sign anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

wawaman wrote: »
    We have no WR's

Swap RB with WR and all of this rings true for this organisation for the last few years. We just swapped a stud WR for RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I don't think Shurmur can handle the pressure of being a head coach plus playcalling in a meaningful game. He's not a long term solution, in my mind.

However, he could be good for Jones and his transition to the NFL as I've no doubt he's good a coaching QBs. And just on that Jones topic, I don't really see any reason not to start him from here on in tbh. Eli is done and we're not making the playoffs, so let's roll with the rookie and get him reps.

It will be the Jones show sooner rather than later but not for a few more weeks I'd say

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    It will be the Jones show sooner rather than later but not for a few more weeks I'd say

Yeah, i think we are going to take a thumping soon and after that Jones will be put in. I think Shurmur is more worried about becoming known as the guy who killed Bambi rather that doing the right thing

Funny how two veteran QBs got injured this weekend and we have one who is bomb proof.

And we would welcome him being injured at this stage.

• Advertisement

Jones won't be a panacea for this team but we need to see what he brings and let him make his mistakes

Lot different on NFL Sundays to preseason

Bad teams always find ways to lose and make bone headed plays

Our defence is conceding scores on long drives

The last TD drove me mental

After conceeding a long drive we hold them to a FG only for unnecessary roughness FFS

Rosas misses for the first time in ages

Bad play all round

Now it'll get interesting

Shurmur pulled the plug earlier than I expected but Eli's play wasn't good enough to keep him in his position

I like Eli but a change had to be made. The browns went 0-16 in 2017 and still have a better record than the giants since 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Wow, that happened quicker than expected

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Excitement is back on the menu! (for one more week at least)

After the depression following the 1st game, and the acceptance after the 2nd game, now theres some excitement again. If Shepard and Latimer can get open down the field, this will hopefully open up the offensive playbook again. Plus he can also run which open up some more options.

Theres still a lot of work to be done on the field , but hopefully the Defence and the O-line can slowly improve over the course of the season

It's sad to think that the defence could get any worse but that's always possible

I think the Oline will be in for a tough day down in Tampa

Still good to see what Jones has even if it's just a flash here or there

One thing I hope is that he will protect the ball more than in the preseason with fumbles

• Advertisement

Bettcher and jack rabbit the door is that way. In other news ........DJ!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement