Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

That game was one of the best I've ever watched. For the rookie qb that everyone had called a reach/bust and laughed at, to lead a huge comeback win on the road, unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Come on Danny Dimes, great start to his nfl career

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Great to get a win :)

In fairness Jones did very well

Thought it would be the usual story

We get a TD to go ahead, opposition march up the pitch and get a FG to win it

Can't remember the last time a team actually missed a game winner against us

Christ our D is still terrible though so it's still going to be a long year

Hopefully the injury to Saquon won't be too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭boccy23

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Great to get a win :)

In fairness Jones did very well

Thought it would be the usual story

We get a TD to go ahead, opposition march up the pitch and get a FG to win it

Can't remember the last time a team actually missed a game winner against us

Christ our D is still terrible though so it's still going to be a long year

Hopefully the injury to Saquon won't be too bad

Totally agree with you. I said the same to the dog - TOO DAMN EARLY. (He didn't care). Only thing was that it was far too close. Normally teams make the 50 or 60 yard FGS to beat us.

Do you know the funny thing, I thought that with Connelly in there instead of Ogletree, we were better. They played press at least and I know that the Bucs went ultra conservative, but we at least got some pressure in the second half. Jackrabbit was cleaned out of it by Evans.

Our secondary tackling was decent though. Thomas made a great stop one on one to stop a 3rd down. And I thought that Peppers improved a good bit. Lawrence was also creating pressure.

On the other side though, our O-Line looked shaky as f***. Shaq Barrett had himself a day on Solder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Barkley out 4-8 weeks with high ankle sprain. Probably the higher number being a RB. I don't expect to see him return until week 12. Injuries in the NFL this year to top players are rampant. It will hurt TV ratings, that's for sure.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Big loss to us in fairness but no use getting him back too early

Let the man heal up

Jeez turnovers killing us

Can't fumble there Hilliman

Super pick 6 :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Another win for Danny Dimes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Haven’t enjoyed a giants game like that since the redskins at MetLife last year!!

• Advertisement

Back to 2-2 :)

Very strange game with so many turnovers on both sides

Danny Dimes mixed the very good along with some very poor decisions

That scramble on 3rd and 13 was a big play in the game

2 INTs and prob should have been more

He will learn from it going forward

Thought Gallman had a good game overall

D was much better yesterday but we have a bit of LB injury crisis at the moment

Vikings going to be a huge challenge on Sunday next

Jeez we're making Cousins look like Tom Brady

That was a bit of a reality check.

I didn't expect to win and easily proved correct! But I thought in the second half we moved the ball better. Gave it up on downs twice which was unfortunate. I thought that Shepherd could have made that play in the endzone.

But the D was porous to say the least. We could have 1 play or 2 plays which were good, but the next was a 20 odd yard screen. You could see that we have no LBs to speak of. Decimated at the second level.

We are simply not on the level of the Vikings from a total roster point of view. I would love to see us have two FA impact signing sin the off season like the Packers have done. We should have the cap space but I haven't looked yet and what talent will be available.

Thought the defence shower up bit more positively last night

Jones had a lovely TD but 3 INTs and it could have been more. Hopefully he will learn from it as the Pats D is excellent

4 turnovers would never be good enough in Foxboro

17-0 down at home at the moment

TDs where we can't even touch a Cardinal

Jones with bad pick

Horrible performance so far

17-7

Very nice throw Jones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

The OL got absolutely murdered today, 8 sacks on Jones

Pat shurmur was not good enough for the Cleveland browns..
    He is not good enough for the New York giants

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Agreed.

I don't even mind the draw play on 3rd and 18 when you know you are going for it on 4th and your OL isn't holding up. Get some yards and set yourself for 4th, but only getting 3 yards on the play was rough.

But his time management, game planning, and overall demeanour and personality is not suitable for the head coach role, unfortunately. Even more so when that role is in NY.

Gettleman needs to pull the plug on him come season end.

I think Bettcher will be fired before Shurmur

Those 3 running TDs of over 20 were horrible today

Jones turnovers def becoming a problem as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Bettcher defense when working, is quite good is the only thing. He's just quite slow at adapting his game plan, which is obviously an issue.

Shurmur I don't think can handle pressure, which is far from an ideal trait in a HC.

But yeah, not against both being gone come season end. Let the new HC pick their coordinators.

Bettchers defence is more often than not broken these days

Heat def seems to be coming more on Shurmur esp his play calling

Giants’ Pat Shurmur must keep locker room together or else he could be on fast track to becoming Ben McAdoo 2.0

"Shurmur, who slipped to the tenth-losingest coach in NFL history on Sunday, is now 7-15 as the Giants head coach. The Giants are now 2-5 this season.

However, there are only so many times a head coach can stand in front of his team preaching progress and swearing the team is headed in the right direction when the results don’t match the narrative and his own decisions when it comes to clock management and in-game strategy at times defy logic.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/10/giants-pat-shurmurs-daunting-task-keeping-locker-room-together-or-else-he-could-be-on-fast-track-to-becoming-ben-mcadoo-20.html

He's already used his get out of jail free card by playing Jones (I don't have an issue with that)

His attitude with the media afterwards won't wash when you have won SFA

We have a tough upcoming schedule where we will prob lose @ Detroit, the Dallas Cowboys then getting the jets before the bye where we will prob be 2-8 or at best 3-7

Shurmur better had hope we see some progress with Jones as his faith will be tied to how Jones goes the rest of the year

Roster moves: New York Giants sign LB Deone Bucannon

The Giants add a player familiar with their defense

https://www.bigblueview.com/2019/10/22/20927500/2019-ny-giants-roster-moves-sign-lb-deone-bucannon-buccaneers-bettcher-news

Hopefully we might get the 2015-2017 Buchannon but I'd be sceptical of that

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Roster moves: New York Giants sign LB Deone Bucannon

The Giants add a player familiar with their defense

https://www.bigblueview.com/2019/10/22/20927500/2019-ny-giants-roster-moves-sign-lb-deone-bucannon-buccaneers-bettcher-news

Hopefully we might get the 2015-2017 Buchannon but I'd be sceptical of that

Rumours that the Browns are interested in a trade for Solder aswell

He's not playing well but trading Solder is more likely to get Jones killed

Our backups are not good at all

It would want to be a hell of a trade from the Browns to let him go but Getty might have a different opinion

Interesting article from Sunday

About those 8 sacks: Let’s study what happened on each sack of Daniel Jones on Sunday

It’s time to play the blame game

https://www.bigblueview.com/2019/10/22/20926715/about-those-8-sacks-lets-study-what-happened-on-each-sack-of-daniel-jones-on-sunday

Christ, we’re awful. Jones has to be better.

8 game rental as it stands. Need to get him signed up long term.

• Advertisement

Unless Getty can get him signed long term we got fleeced

High 3rd rounder plus a possible 4th

Advertisement