Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Separate Tri Forum

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

RayCun wrote: »
    Speaking personally, I think a subforum bettr reflects how people use this set of forums. Multisporters take part in running-only events too (BHAA, IMRA, etc), so it makes sense to have them nearer not further, and there's a lot of crossover in the logs that will be lost if the forums are split.

But I can understand if being a subforum makes multisport looks like an offshoot of running rather than a sport in its own right, and people would rather have their own place.

Maybe Running could be a subforum at the same level? The logs could be a shared space using tags to identify what sports the poster is training for

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

hardCopy wrote: »
    Maybe Running could be a subforum at the same level? The logs could be a shared space using tags to identify what sports the poster is training for

Everybody runs. When all events were in the same subforum, 90% of them were running-only. The number of multisporters who don't also run in running-only races (or athletes who do field but not track) is vanishingly small.

There is a listing in the Training Logs section that says which events each logger is focused on. I don't know that tags would be an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

RayCun wrote: »

Everybody runs. When all events were in the same subforum, 90% of them were running-only. The number of multisporters who don't also run in running-only races (or athletes who do field but not track) is vanishingly small.

There is a listing in the Training Logs section that says which events each logger is focused on. I don't know that tags would be an improvement.

What I mean is have a Running/Tri&AR umbrella forum, without any actual threads. Then have specific subfora within that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

What I mean is have a Running/Tri&AR umbrella forum, without any actual threads. Then have specific subfora within that.

Ok, I see what you mean.
    Again, I think that makes sense if you start from the position that Running and Triathlon must be at the same level in boards - neither should be higher up in the hierarchy.
    But I'm starting from the posting and usage stats, and one is much busier than the other.
    There isn't much difference in practice between your suggestion and the separate Triathlon forum. It suggests a connection between running and multisport, but there's no overlap in discussion

Advertisement