Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

woman tries to jump consultants waiting list.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't think she voiced an opinion, just barged ahead and demanded to be seen. Arsehole carry-on if true. But all they had to do was tell her to piss off, problem solved.

I think her nationality was mentioned because she was bitching about the health service here in comparison to the one at home in Poland.
    Not saying the OP doesn't seem obsessed with immigrants and people in receipt of benefits though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

The OP's post probably makes slightly more sense if you read it as "polish people" ie the people in the hospital who polish; the cleaners.
    And it's easier on the blood pressure.
    Try it, it works...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

As if that weren't enough, judging by the row she was having with the nurse, the cheeky bitch had pulled exactly the same stunt the day before and the same nurse had explained the way things work to her the previous day. People with that attitude really piss me off. I've known people who've had to wait 3 years to see a consultant.

Has anyone else come across this before.

Was it a psychiatric clinic?

Doesn't sound like rational behaviour to arrive two days in a row to have the same conversation with the same person. She sounds more like a random loon rather than the usual chancer, I wouldn't waste my time being pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Dudess wrote: »
    I don't think she voiced an opinion, just barged ahead and demanded to be seen. Arsehole carry-on if true. But all they had to do was tell her to piss off, problem solved.

I think her nationality was mentioned because she was bitching about the health service here in comparison to the one at home in Poland.
    Not saying the OP doesn't seem obsessed with immigrants and people in receipt of benefits though.

people should be more demanding in hospitals and demand to be seen, one of the reasons the health care is in such a state of disfunction is the fact the people meekly accept being on lists for years and waiting in offices for hours on end while consultants are paid hundreds of euro per patient that is paid mostly by tax payers wages.

I have no problem with someone who stands up and causes trouble because they dont accept the ****ty standards that alot of people do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Her nationality is inconsequential OP.

Do you think she attempted to jump the queue because she was Polish or because she was acting the bitch?

Polish or Bitch?

Simple question OP.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

I had to see a consultant 2 weeks ago. I phoned up and got an appointment for 8.30 the following day. Health insurance is expensive but useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

billybudd wrote: »

people should be more demanding in hospitals and demand to be seen, one of the reasons the health care is in such a state of disfunction is the fact the people meekly accept being on lists for years and waiting in offices for hours on end while consultants are paid hundreds of euro per patient that is paid mostly by tax payers wages.

I have no problem with someone who stands up and causes trouble because they dont accept the ****ty standards that alot of people do.
    Is it fair though to demand to be seen before people who were there first?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

They steal our jobs!

• Advertisement

Is it fair though to demand to be seen before people who were there first?

Is the system fair?

No, it's shyte. But still no cause for punishing other patients.

No, it's shyte. But still no cause for punishing other patients.

Those same patients have voices and can use them or they can like OP sit meekly and go home and rant on a internet forum about it.

Nothing ever was achieved by those without voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

kjl wrote: »
    In fairness to her, the Irish medical system is a joke. I was in SA and had an accident where I broke a bone on a Saturday. I was seen in 25 min.

If I was in Ireland I would have been there all night.

I had a dislocated shoulder and walked into the mater A&E at 9 AM. Was home by 12PM , so 3 hours later with shoulder popped back into place and in a sling.

Everybodies experiences are different and IMO a lot of the stories of people waiting anything up to 24 hours to be seen are hugely exaggerated (ESP by the media).

Not disputing your experience, just relaying my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Have to say, I'm a bit shocked at the abuse the OP is getting in this thread from 90% of the people posting, and her level of tolerance at the snide remarks and accusations of being called racist is remarkable. Fair play to you OP. No idea whether you are a racist or not.

The woman being Polish is completely relevant to the thread, as she not only behaved in a deplorable manner, but then went on to say how much better things were in Poland.

If I walked into a pub down in Carlow and started screaming for a pint, ahead of others waiting, while also making an issue of how you'd never have to wait this long for a pint in Dublin, of course it would be relevant, if someone then went on to post a thread about it.

They'd also be perfectly within their rights to tell me to "fcuk off back to Dublin so". Doesn't make them anti-Dublin but the fact that I was from Dublin would certainly be relevant to the thread.

If I walked into a pub down in Carlow and started screaming for a pint, ahead of others waiting, while also making an issue of how you'd never have to wait this long for a pint in Dublin, of course it would be relevant, if someone then went on to post a thread about it.

You being from Dublin would be irrelevant. You'd just be some dude who was acting the dick who happened to be from Dublin.

Sure you could just as easily have someone turning up in the pub acting the dick from any other county or city.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

She just walked in and demanded to be seen by a consultant. She had no referral and her GP hadn't written to request a consultation for her, she just seemed to feel that she is more important than everyone else. The real kicker was that she is Polish.
    Has anyone else come across this before.
    It is offensive to see somebody from another country try to do so, especially while ranting about how much better the health service is in their country. So yes, if she doesn't like it, she can pay to private or feck off back to Poland. I also don't give flying f**k if I'm considered a racist.

Not biting. This thread is about trying to skip the hospital waiting lists. If you want to turn it into a racist thing go ahead if your life is so dull.

I honestly think you are doing so well you don't need any help.
    World of difference there pal and she didn't get very far. Only similarity in fact was that the person giving the poor customer service was Polish too:rolleyes:

Gosh!
    Oh do grow up for the love of Jesus. Christ forbid anyone should mention any pertinent details. For what its worth I'm not a racist, although I have met many Polish people, just none that I liked. That doesn't make me a racist and it doesn't mean all Polish people are unlikeable

From your other thread:

I find it arrogant of anyone to go door to door trying to convert people to their religion. I suppose it does bug me more to have a foreigner knock on my my door to do so.
    What annoyed me love, is the arrogance of anybody who feels they have the right to go to someones home and try to convert them. The fact that they are foreigners is offensive in the sense that it, in my opinion, it shows even greater arrogance.

Do you really believe you are not racist,when you read the bolded parts?

You being from Dublin would be irrelevant. You'd just be some dude who was acting the dick who happened to be from Dublin.

Sure you could just as easily have someone turning up in the pub acting the dick from any other county or city.

No, it wouldn't be irrelevant.And if somebody from another county or city used their place of origin to denegrate and compare disfavourably with their hosts then that would be relevant too. Surely this is obvious.

if somebody from another county or city used their place of origin to denegrate and compare disfavourably with their hosts then that would be relevant too. Surely this is obvious.

How is it relevant except to give fodder to the prejudiced, reinforce negative stereotypes and create the grounds for discrimination?

Do you really think that the woman's being Polish has anything to say about the other 38.4 million Polish people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

How do you know what doctor to go to before you even get a referral ? You don't just randomly go to Doctor A,B or C ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,419 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Have to say, I'm a bit shocked at the abuse the OP is getting in this thread from 90% of the people posting, and her level of tolerance at the snide remarks and accusations of being called racist is remarkable. Fair play to you OP. No idea whether you are a racist or not.

I think the op is male not female.

The OP mentioned nationality to cause a stir because it should not matter what nationality the person was, I would be equally annoyed if it was an Irish person doing what the OP said happened.

In fairness, seeing as the woman was going on about the superior health service in her home country, her nationality is somewhat relevant in this case.

I wonder is their health service superior to ours?

hondasam wrote: »
    I wonder is their health service superior to ours?

Not according to this.

If this woman exists it sounds like she's just a ****ing idiot regardless of where she's from.

Not according to this.

If this woman exists it sounds like she's just a ****ing idiot regardless of where she's from.

I don't know why anyone would go to an out patients clinic without an appointment. I'm sure these clinics only work on referrals from your gp or the hospital.
    She could have walked down the hall to A&E and shouted there, security would not be long removing her.

hondasam wrote: »
    She could have walked down the hall to A&E and shouted there, security would not be long removing her.

Could have been emotionally unstable for all we know.

Unless the OP is a fluent Polish speaker I don't think I believe the story any more anyway.

People usually give out in their own language and the protagonist happened to be speaking to a Polish woman so...

I call shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Perhaps her GP shuld have written her a plane ticket back to Poland if their health service is so good

in fairness, it is brilliant, since the last visit why more don't go when they have serious problems is beyond me, perhaps they enjoy queuing ?

How is it relevant except to give fodder to the prejudiced, reinforce negative stereotypes and create the grounds for discrimination?

Do you really think that the woman's being Polish has anything to say about the other 38.4 million Polish people?

Sorry Chuck. I give up. I tried to use an analogy to make it more obvious. I simply can't understand how you think that the person comparing her host's country disfavourably to her own isn't relevant to the OP's account of her experience. It is a second instance of rudeness.

If I went to a party in your house and barged my way to the buffet in front of your other patiently waiting guests and you were relaying the account of my rudeness to one of your friends, are you saying that you would leave out the fact that I then went on to say that the food would be much better in my house if I were giving a party?

That you would consider this irrelevant in your account of my bad behaviour, and that if you did say this to your friend, it could only be in an attempt to discredit my family?

I mean come on Chuck.

Btw, sorry for the unwieldy sentences. Couldn't phrase it better.:o

If I went to a party in your house and barged my way to the buffet in front of your other patiently waiting guests and you were relaying the account of my rudeness to one of your friends, are you saying that you would leave out the fact that I then went on to say that the food would be much better in my house if I were giving a party?

I would recount that part of the story but it wouldn't be relevant other than it would be showing you up for being a bollocks as an individual.
    and that if you did say this to your friend, it could only be in an attempt to discredit my family?

If I made your heritage the 'kicker' of the story then yes it would be opportunistic and unfair to every other member of your family.
    Btw, sorry for the unwieldy sentences. Couldn't phrase it better.:o

Reads fine to me.

For me the story reads as if the woman's bad behaviour can be attributed to her nationality rather than her being a bit of a bitch or unstable or whatever.

Shure look, we'll agree to disagree. We probably all read the same story with a slightly different lens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

No, it wouldn't be irrelevant.And if somebody from another county or city used their place of origin to denegrate and compare disfavourably with their hosts then that would be relevant too. Surely this is obvious.

You seem to be missing the point. This was one Polish woman out of 38 million Polish people observed to be acting the maggot. Now if acting the maggot like this was observed to be largely a Polish preserve, then, maybe, MAYBE, we might start looking at the relationship between Poles and acting the maggot (without invoking the racism argument).

But this is one woman acting the maggot. Whether it involves her comparing the health service to her own country's service is irrelevant. It's still one woman acting the maggot. One foreign woman acting the maggot. One Polish woman acting the maggot. One Polish woman acting the maggot and criticising the HSE.
    One being the important bit.
    One.

One.
    Got it.

Advertisement