Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

woman tries to jump consultants waiting list.

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

I would recount that part of the story but it wouldn't be relevant other than it would be showing you up for being a bollocks as an individual.

If I made your heritage the 'kicker' of the story then yes it would be opportunistic and unfair to every other member of your family.

Reads fine to me.

For me the story reads as if the woman's bad behaviour can be attributed to her nationality rather than her being a bit of a bitch or unstable or whatever.

Shure look, we'll agree to disagree. We probably all read the same story with a slightly different lens.

Oh agree, if that's the way the OP was intended. I was just pointing out that it would be hard to relate the story without saying "and then the cnut goes on to say that the food would be better if it was the Chocolate family giving a party".
    You seem to be missing the point. This was one Polish woman out of 38 million Polish people observed to be acting the maggot. Now if acting the maggot like this was observed to be largely a Polish preserve, then, maybe, MAYBE, we might start looking at the relationship between Poles and acting the maggot (without invoking the racism argument).

But this is one woman acting the maggot. Whether it involves her comparing the health service to her own country's service is irrelevant. It's still one woman acting the maggot. One foreign woman acting the maggot. One Polish woman acting the maggot. One Polish woman acting the maggot and criticising the HSE.
    One being the important bit.
    One.

One.
    Got it.

I've totally got it.:confused:

I don't understand what your point is. Did you not get my analogy in my previous post. If it was me making remarks at Chuck's party, I would only be one member of the Chocolate family, but it would still have been me
    who brought the Chocolate family into it, and if he wanted to give an account of what happened he would be obliged to tell it like it happened.

If other people then choose to take Chuck's honest account of what transpired, as an assault on the Chocolate family, then I think they would
    be being very unfair to Chuck.

Only Chuck can say whether he was hoping or not that people would hold it against the whole Chocolate family, but that's a complete other argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i am so sick aboput hearing how great poland is... i work witha polish guy and he is always banging on about how great poland is... me and another guy replied to him with "well why are you hear so?" he replied the money is better here... i replied "so poland is not so great then" with a big smug smile on my face

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

i am so sick aboput hearing how great poland is... i work witha polish guy and he is always banging on about how great poland is... me and another guy replied to him with "well why are you hear so?" he replied the money is better here... i replied "so poland is not so great then" with a big smug smile on my face

yep, the chap is so wrong and surely getting on your nerves. when the Irish in America start going on about how Ireland is a great country, it's about being proud to be Irish. when the Polish start going on about how their country is great, they are just morons.
    when the Poles or the Lithuanian people etc. over here stick together and help each other, it's about creating ghettos. when the Irish abroad do the same, it's great to see a tight community.
    funny, how the thread has gone the foreigners bashing route while the story was about one stupid woman jumping the queue - and you see those in every nationality ...

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

haminka wrote: »
    yep, the chap is so wrong and surely getting on your nerves. when the Irish in America start going on about how Ireland is a great country, it's about being proud to be Irish. when the Polish start going on about how their country is great, they are just morons.
    when the Poles or the Lithuanian people etc. over here stick together and help each other, it's about creating ghettos. when the Irish abroad do the same, it's great to see a tight community.
    funny, how the thread has gone the foreigners bashing route while the story was about one stupid woman jumping the queue - and you see those in every nationality ...

Have to agree. I know a lot of Irish living in Poland and they bang on all day about what a shytehole it is. When you ask them why don't they return home they say 'For what? the weather is mingin' and it's boring and the women here are great'.

Whenever you go abroad it is natural to be nostalgic for back home and this is not confined to any one nationality.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭therealgirl

I'm not surprised when things like queue jumping happens, I see it alot...thought it was just something that happens regularly when you put a bunch of people in a room, who are all individual & different from one another in how they deal with being ill or tired of waiting...

...I've been to many consultants and scan appointments in the last 7 months...each time being sent a letter in advance with my appointment time & nearly every time being seen 1-2 hours after my appointment time...so I agree yes our health care system is not very efficient (In many ways)

Last week I was waiting for my scan appointment...it was meant to be at 2:30, I had my daughter with me, she was being really good fair play to her as we waited for 2 hours to get seen, but we managed to entertain ourselves enough to keep her happy
    -anyway, this time the delay was because every time the consultant came out of her office to call the next person in a woman came up to her and asked when it was her turn, so she spent about 3 minutes arguing with her about how long they were waiting...that the appointment was for her daughter who was pregnant and tired (I think every woman there was pregnant...and knackered)

So just before I get called in the consultant called the woman & her daughter in and saw them... then after it was my turn the consultant apologised to me for letting the woman skip the queue ahead of me, she felt like she had to see her as she was getting more and more irate every time she approached her.

I shrugged it off & said ok & went on my way...I do believe it takes a certain type of person who kicks up a fuss in this way & thinks its ok, but I don't think its down to race, ethnicity, or whatever...maybe the way she was raised, the environment she lives in...but people like this can be found in every country

...but then yes, deep down I was judging this woman every time she kicked up a fuss...anyone who says they don't judge others easily is on their own little pedestal I think!

So I judged this woman because she was loud, made everyone around her know about how her pregnant daughter was tired & asked "what time was everyone elses appointment at"?, dressed skanger style, another woman called in to see what was taking them so long at one point & had a 1 year old with her who was drinking Coke, and probably a million other little things that I subconsciously picked up on that made my mind up about her...
    I am not the nicest person for thinking like this I know, I know...
    I am like this due to my environment and my upbringing...we are all different, I suggest dealing with it Angry Kitten! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Have to say, I'm a bit shocked at the abuse the OP is getting in this thread from 90% of the people posting, and her level of tolerance at the snide remarks and accusations of being called racist is remarkable. Fair play to you OP. No idea whether you are a racist or not.

The woman being Polish is completely relevant to the thread, as she not only behaved in a deplorable manner, but then went on to say how much better things were in Poland.

The thing is the OP is ALWAYS starting threads where she rants about some 'awful' thing someone supposedly did near/to her. And the kicker is ALWAYS that the someone in question is a foreigner.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Joe: heeeeeehheeeee...gud afternooin....ehhh...angry Kitty...you had a terrible expeeerience da other day...wha' happened?

AK: Angry KITTEN, Joe...KITTEN.

Joe: ah...sorry Kitty...go on, tell us wha happened.

AK: I had an outpatient appointment in Galway last week and I was shocked and frankly, bloody disgusted by the attitude of a lady who tried to skip the waiting list. She walked into a packed waiting room full of public patients, everyone of whom, including myself, had been on the waiting list and we'd had to wait our turn on a long list to see a consultant.

Joe:So, she just walked in and skipped the queue?

AK: She just walked in and demanded to be seen by a consultant.

Joe: Oh, merciful hour.

AK; She had no referral and her GP hadn't written to request a consultation for her, she just seemed to feel that she is more important than everyone else.

Joe: Oh my God...and was she local...I mean what was her demeanour?

AK: The real kicker was that she is Polish

Joe: Oh Christ above...

AK: Yes Joe... and started ranting that if she was in Poland she would be seen straight away and about how much better the Polish health service is.

Joe: And how did YOU feel about that, Angry KITTY?

AK: I thought well.. Well feck off back to the mother country love.

Joe: Good for you Kitty...good for you.

AK: and do you know what happened next Joe?

Joe: no, what Kitty? What happened next?

AK: As if that weren't enough, judging by the row she was having with the nurse, the cheeky bitch had pulled exactly the same stunt the day before and the same nurse had explained the way things work to her the previous day.

Joe: My Gawd.

AK: People with that attitude really piss me off. I've known people who've had to wait 3 years to see a consultant. Has anyone else come across this before.

Joe: That's shockin'...Paddy !, you're a taxi driver and you've had similar problems with Eastern Europeans in your line of business...

Paddy: ....ehh dats roight Joe...them Polish are so lazeeeee and so demandin'...don't get me sterted....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I wouldn't let any pushy shit head skip the queue in front of me tbh unless s/he had a genuine reason other than that they had been waiting ages (or sh/e had a chainsaw or something).

iguana wrote: »
    The thing is the OP is ALWAYS starting threads where she rants about some 'awful' thing someone supposedly did near/to her. And the kicker is ALWAYS that the someone in question is a foreigner.

oh no, you forgot people with fringes. the funny thing is that the OP believes, that Irish should be an optional subject and is happy to speak the language of foreign conquerors as her mother tongue.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭downey2003

Nina_G wrote: »
    I don't see what nationality has to do with this.

Because she was saying that "back home in Poland" she wouldn't have to wait!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

downey2003 wrote: »
    Because she was saying that "back home in Poland" she wouldn't have to wait!!!!!:rolleyes:

So what, maybe she was telling the truth. Doesn't change anything on the fact that she was a total muppet and that has nothing to do with her nationality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

haminka wrote: »
    funny, how the thread has gone the foreigners bashing route while the story was about the OP making up a story about one stupid woman jumping the queue - and you see those in every nationality ...

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

iguana wrote: »

That's fair enough so. As I said in all my posts, and, my analogies, I was merely pointing out, that, based on the episode recounted, the OP would have been obliged to point out the nationality of the person as it was relevant to the second instance of rudeness.

If the OP is a racist/xenophobe then the OP is a racist/xenophobe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

woodoo wrote: »
    With that post i was implying that the polish women may have had mental Health issues.

Really? All of them? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Angry Kitten must have got really angry, he/she closed his/her account, ye are all bullies I tell ya, bullies of the highest order :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

I call spectacular BS. Anyone with half a brain knows that Polish women are descended from angels on high compared to their Irish counterparts who are the missing link between pigswill and manure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Jaysus - talk about OP baiting! (Although, it is AH, and OP baiting keeps us young.)
    the Chocolate family giving a party.
    the Chocolate family... the Chocolate family... the Chocolate family... the whole Chocolate family.

I want to go to a party in your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

xoxyx wrote: »
    Jaysus - talk about OP baiting! (Although, it is AH, and OP baiting keeps us young.)

OP baiting is the most fun you can have around here sometimes.

I got a good 15 minutes out of this thread last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭veloc123

Perhaps her GP shuld have written her a plane ticket back to Poland if their health service is so good

The gas ovens are better in Poland too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I thought this was about women trying to jump consultants..

am disappoint:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement