Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

woman tries to jump consultants waiting list.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

No, I'm not related to the nurse or the Polish lady.

so now she is a lady and not a bitch.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭angry kitten

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    I find that story a bit incredible, but there are silly people everywhere. Wasn't there any security at the clinic? In any clinics or hospitals I've been in too many, unfortunately), the security would have intervened at once and made her leave.:)

Why do you mention she was Polish, by the way. Do you think no Irish woman could ever be such a bitch?:rolleyes:

You really mustn't draw too many conclusions from analysis of a sample of one.

You last sentence is intriguing - three years to see a consultant? I'm in Finland now and saw a consultant last week, after a wait of about a month, and have been told I'll be called for a heart operation within 4 months. We have a law here, called the Treatment Guarantee, which sets time limits within which treatment must be provided, or else the health authority must pay for it in a private hospital. No one would have to wait longer than six months to see a consultant.:D

I suppose if I was in an Irish clinic I'd be tempted to point that out, but what would be the point?:confused:
    I think we still have a similar Treatment Guarantee system, the problem is that a patient is given only 3 appointments with the consultant under our system. If the illness isn't resolved during those visits the patient goes back into the system and onto a waiting list again.

forfuxsake wrote: »
    so now she is a lady and not a bitch.:D
    Not biting. This thread is about trying to skip the hospital waiting lists. If you want to turn it into a racist thing go ahead if your life is so dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

13-03-2012, 12:44 #9
    angry kitten

Adverts | Friends
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Logical Fallacy
    They don't allow people to skip the queue, the people in the queue allow people to skip the queue.

It's not like any business can afford to pay a member of staff who is solely responsible for ensuring order in the queue.

If you let someone stroll past you in a queue somewhere then it's on you, not the company who goods or services you are queuing for.
    I disagree, I've seen shop assistants refuse to allow people to skip the queue and I've recently had an experience where the assistant ignored us when we put our basket on the counter and turned to serve the customer who had just walked into the shop and had gone to the side of the counter to avoid queuing. In my opinion that was queue jumping and bad customer service. I left my basket on the counter and went to Dunnes, I won't be buying from that shop in the future.

You're a bit unlucky.

mattjack wrote: »
    13-03-2012, 12:44 #9
    angry kitten

Adverts | Friends
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Logical Fallacy
    They don't allow people to skip the queue, the people in the queue allow people to skip the queue.

It's not like any business can afford to pay a member of staff who is solely responsible for ensuring order in the queue.

If you let someone stroll past you in a queue somewhere then it's on you, not the company who goods or services you are queuing for.
    I disagree, I've seen shop assistants refuse to allow people to skip the queue and I've recently had an experience where the assistant ignored us when we put our basket on the counter and turned to serve the customer who had just walked into the shop and had gone to the side of the counter to avoid queuing. In my opinion that was queue jumping and bad customer service. I left my basket on the counter and went to Dunnes, I won't be buying from that shop in the future.

You're a bit unlucky.
    World of difference there pal and she didn't get very far. Only similarity in fact was that the person giving the poor customer service was Polish too:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Not biting. This thread is about trying to skip the hospital waiting lists. If you want to turn it into a racist thing go ahead if your life is so dull.

The real kicker was that she is Polish

I believe that you were not angry at all when this happened. On the contrary I believe you nearly wet yourself with excitement when you discovered she was Polish. You are a small-minded person who sees colour, nationality and god knows what else before you see the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭_petulia_

Nationality came into it in this case as the lady herself made an issue of it when she criticised the Irish system while trying to jump the waiting list. If she hadn't been ranting on and on about the superiority of the Polish system I would have had no idea what her nationality is. I doubt there would be many Irish women who tried to skip the waiting list arguing about the superiority of the Polish health service.

Well obviously I agree there'd be very few Irish women who would do that. But you're being pedantic now.

What I meant was that I wouldn't make the assumption that no Irish woman would try to skip a hospital queue - people of all types exist in all countries - they don't all conform to a certain type of personality based on their nationality.

forfuxsake wrote: »
    The real kicker was that she is Polish

I believe that you were not angry at all when this happened. On the contrary I believe you nearly wet yourself with excitement when you discovered she was Polish. You are a small-minded person who sees colour, nationality and god knows what else before you see the person.

I could make the same argument about you. I can give an account of an event using the details of that event. You seem to troll about looking for cheap kicks accusing people of racism. Still it could be worse, next you'll be seeing commies under the bed. Sick sad world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

World of difference there pal and she didn't get very far. Only similarity in fact was that the person giving the poor customer service was Polish too:rolleyes:

My God, you are just filled with hate. What did the good people of Poland ever do to you OP?!?

Nina_G wrote: »
    Well obviously I agree there'd be very few Irish women who would do that. But you're being pedantic now.

What I meant was that I wouldn't make the assumption that no Irish woman would try to skip a hospital queue - people of all types exist in all countries - they don't all conform to a certain type of personality based on their nationality.
    Of course they don't all conform to a certain type of personality based on nationality, however, this one did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

My God, you are just filled with hate. What did the good people of Poland ever do to you OP?!?

Dey tuk her que.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

woodoo wrote: »
    I hope someone told her to go back to Poland then. She won't be getting the benefits there that she gets here. Just wants the best of everything... for nothing..

The Land of a Thousand Welcomes says fuck off back to where you came from.
    It isn't clever or original to misquote another persons post.

Apologies, I thought I was helping out because you'd forgotten the pertinent word.

Of course they don't all conform to a certain type of personality based on nationality, however, this one did.

I rest my case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

This is like all the other threads in AH

We had one recently when the OP had beggars and leeches for neighbours

Too many of you are trying to concentrate on the nationality and forgetting what the thread is even about

Meh, I hate the act of someone walking in to a consultants waiting room and trying to be seen ahead of not just the patients in the waiting room but also all of the other patients who are on the waiting list waiting to be seen. I don't know what her reasons were and I don't care. Her gp may not even have felt she needed to see a consultant. Anyone pulling that crap needs a boot up the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Too many of you are trying to concentrate on the nationality and forgetting what the thread is even about

Polish people?!? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

This is like all the other threads in AH

We had one recently when the OP had beggars and leeches for neighbours

To many PC hunters about AH looking for a thread to park their arse and be offended. Then roll about like a pig in s**t and revel in sanctimony. Many a good thread ruined by them.

Polish people?!? :confused:

Cheeky Polish bitches.

Easy enough to do when the OPs of these threads are trying to spread a little discontent and nasty feeling about certain types of peoples rather than individual behaviour. Perhaps if the OP had been about the incident and left out the details which were not important and asking for other people's similar anecdotes it wouldn't have gotten bogged down in nationality!

woodoo wrote: »
    Consultant psychiatrist i'd guess.

Ooooh, getting at the OP. :D

• Advertisement

Ooooh, getting at the OP. :D

It doesn't bother me, in fact it just makes them look like an ignorant twat for not knowing the difference between a psychiatrist and a neurologist.

Easy enough to do when the OPs of these threads are trying to spread a little discontent and nasty feeling about certain types of peoples rather than individual behaviour. Perhaps if the OP had been about the incident and left out the details which were not important and asking for other people's similar anecdotes it wouldn't have gotten bogged down in nationality!

Oh do grow up for the love of Jesus. Christ forbid anyone should mention any pertinent details. For what its worth I'm not a racist, although I have met many Polish people, just none that I liked. That doesn't make me a racist and it doesn't mean all Polish people are unlikeable

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

I have to say regardless of the polish thing going on here, the gypsies are at this carry on a fair bit too. And not just in the hospitals (I'll probably get slated for this one). But it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Singer73

44Leto, you wrote:
    It nearly turned me into a communist.[/QUOTE]

I read:
    It nearly turned me into a columnist.

I tell ya, I laughed...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I thought I was so special to get my consultant appointment, they even highlighted the full date so I wouldn't mix up the year it was in 2011, the letter was sent out in 2009, so then came the big day and oh boy was I excited but then overwhelmed to find out everyone else had the same appointment time as me and needed a ticket as well,

OP yer one might of came back the day after to ask for an appointment pleading in desperation but seeing as thats not the right way to go about it she is probably not well mentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭thethingis

Consultants - pricesless video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwN2ZENZsK8

Oh do grow up for the love of Jesus. Christ forbid anyone should mention any pertinent details. For what its worth I'm not a racist, although I have met many Polish people, just none that I liked. That doesn't make me a racist and it doesn't mean all Polish people are unlikeable

No, it doesn't make you a racist although it makes it sound like you're difficult to please and maybe a tad cold in your attitude. I've met lots of Poles and found pretty much all of them to be pleasant, friendly and likeable, although there was one git but he was out of his head on something and a bit scary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

thethingis wrote: »
    Consultants - pricesless video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwN2ZENZsK8

Definition of irony - Bill Tormey criticising consultants for arrogance:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

It doesn't bother me, in fact it just makes them look like an ignorant twat for not knowing the difference between a psychiatrist and a neurologist.

With that post i was implying that the polish women may have had mental Health issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

So a strong minded woman from Poland voiced her opinion while you meekly sat down and waited like a good little girl and you start a thread about it? you slipping in the social welfare remark just makes you mundane and boring.

Advertisement