Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastodon + Gojira - Academy , Dublin - July 4th 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Thanks for those ticket figures lads. I got into a bit of a panic and bought one :p

This is now sold out. Second date on July 3rd added and on sale now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Anyone know if this is part of a European tour? Had a search around but got no mention if it is or not. Might not be in the country then, be will be around Europe somewhere, and would love to catch them at their own headlining show.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

This is now sold out. Second date on July 3rd added and on sale now.

Bit crappy since DME went to the effort of moving Katatonia to the 3rd!

Tempted to do both shows, but would they mix up their setlist at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

jenizzle wrote: »

Thought the same...and the original Belfast-Dublin-Cork would be preferable over Dublin-Belfast-Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Anyone know if this is part of a European tour? Had a search around but got no mention if it is or not. Might not be in the country then, be will be around Europe somewhere, and would love to catch them at their own headlining show.

They are doing a run of festivals with headling gigs on their gap days countries announced for headline shows Ireland,Holland & Italy,was hoping they would announce date for the Monday 2nd as I'm off work wonder if theres any chance of cork for this date,would probably jizz if that occurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

jenizzle wrote: »

Tempted to do both shows, but would they mix up their setlist at all?

Exactly what I thought too.....you can't win as a smaller promoter sometimes, they must have had a plan with Mastodon to add the 2nd date on the 3rd as it went up straight away.....

think I'll go to Katatonia to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

They are doing a run of festivals with headling gigs on their gap days countries announced for headline shows Ireland,Holland & Italy,was hoping they would announce date for the Monday 2nd as I'm off work wonder if theres any chance of cork for this date,would probably jizz if that occurred.

A Cork date was booked then cancelled as the venue won't be ready in time. They're touring around the time of the Marquee, so there might be a chance that they could play that, but that's unlikely since they announced the second Dublin date.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Does anyone think Mastodon may cancel these now that its looking likely that Soni is gone down the tubes? They were obviously coming over then cos its easiest for them to go onto England, but may not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

A Cork date was booked then cancelled as the venue won't be ready in time. They're touring around the time of the Marquee, so there might be a chance that they could play that, but that's unlikely since they announced the second Dublin date.
    Mushy wrote: »
    Does anyone think Mastodon may cancel these now that its looking likely that Soni is gone down the tubes? They were obviously coming over then cos its easiest for them to go onto England, but may not now.

Doubtful but hopefully can hold just over 4,000 there I think, 2nd date of Academy will easily sell out mainly due to people sh*tin themselves becoz some thought they could pick tickets up on night of original date no bother :) . Both bands playing to approx 2,200 fans over the course of 2 nights when it looks more than likely they could have done that in one night.

Hopefully Sonisphere 2012 being cancelled or at least rumoured to be cancelled has no affect on these events. thrashhits.com first reported this had to check date to make sure it wasn't April 1st.

• Advertisement

They're playing T in the Park that weekend as well so the Irish dates still fit in to their schedule. What I'd be worried about is Gojira pulling out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DKawlum

anyone willing to trade a ticket for the 5th for the 4th of july?????

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

DKawlum wrote: »
    anyone willing to trade a ticket for the 5th for the 4th of july?????

Do you mean 4th for the 3rd? or 3rd to the 4th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Gojira's new album details released
    http://gojira-music.com/news/item/44-lenfant-sauvage

Time to get a few listens in before the gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Hows the 2nd date selling? Half thinking of going to both nights, just wondering when to buy a ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Hows the 2nd date selling? Half thinking of going to both nights, just wondering when to buy a ticket
    me too the only thing is are they playing the same setlist every night cause that would do my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Awesome. I seriously cannot wait for this album. That short impression has got me salivating for it! I hope they release a couple of clips between now and the release date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KIARusty

Anyone wanna swap 2 tickets... iv got 2 for the 3rd but want ones for the 4th!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Just got through 2 gojira albums, and melted my brain......

• Advertisement

Postponed until September apparently? :( Sucks if Gojira don't play now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Postponed until September apparently? :( Sucks if Gojira don't play now.

What? Why?

What? Why?

Apparently cause Sonisphere's cancelled, so they're coming back when they're gonna be over for reading and leeds, which they've now signed up for.

Dunno, hopefully it's not true at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Its only a rumour on Metal Ireland, nothing concrete yet!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Apparently cause Sonisphere's cancelled, so they're coming back when they're gonna be over for reading and leeds, which they've now signed up for.

Dunno, hopefully it's not true at all.

Sure they are in the UK for TITP aswell around the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

Hopefully thats not true. Surely if they are playing TITP then they can come to Ireland?

Unless they decide to pull out of TITP as well, as Sonisphere was the main draw for them that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

Ah balls. Some Dose :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Is this gig going ahead or not? There is nothing on the Mastodon site about it being postponed....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

MCD seem to know nothing about it being postponed

Advertisement