Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastodon + Gojira - Academy , Dublin - July 4th 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bleeding_souls

scudzilla wrote: »
    Dunno what you're lookin at but that link says 30.50.

A bit steep for an Academy gig

it did originally say 18.95 but mcd fixed it when they were told on facebook about it, bit of a shame cause 30.50 is a bit expensive especially when service charges are add :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

it did originally say 18.95 but mcd fixed it when they were told on facebook about it, bit of a shame cause 30.50 is a bit expensive especially when service charges are add :(

I'm pretty sure in saying that when a 'test' gig is put up on Ticketbastard the price is 18.95, that must be the default and someone forgot to change it.

But 30.50 (Probably be closer to 35 after fees) is ridiculous for The Academy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Katatonia has now been moved from July 4 to July 3. Nice!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure in saying that when a 'test' gig is put up on Ticketbastard the price is 18.95, that must be the default and someone forgot to change it.

But 30.50 (Probably be closer to 35 after fees) is ridiculous for The Academy

Yea very expensive , like it got a ticket for Kasabian in the O2 for €35 . I think there should be a limit on gigs in the Academy price range and should be €25

• Registered Users Posts: 21,261 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Will this sell out soon/immediately? Cos I kinda need to get my bro his birthday present first (Andrew WK tix), then want Mastodon. But I can't miss Mastodon either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

maybe soon, not immediately

Well will be two weeks till payday, so hopefully be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

****ing yessss Gojira!! :D

This will be immense

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

Holy Moley.

Cannot wait for this.

Pure class. Will be some night. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Apparently a Cork data for this was booked but then cancelled beause the Savoy won't be ready in time. ffs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Chikablam

As soon as I saw this, my heart leapt!
    And then, over 18s only...
    I'll literally be missing it by about a month...

Chikablam wrote: »

To be honest, I'd try it. Or at worst, look around for people who are older, ask can go in with them as "guardians". Thats if ya really wanna go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Chikablam wrote: »

I mean do you look young?

You could get in no bother if you look older. And sure if it's only a couple of months it's worth a shot! You might get a sound guy on the door. And I've never seen anyone getting asked for an ID. It's too good to miss! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Leviathan - the whole album on PIANO !:eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I got my tickets anywho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

As did I! Cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭RayCon

Mushy wrote: »
    To be honest, I'd try it. Or at worst, look around for people who are older, ask can go in with them as "guardians". Thats if ya really wanna go.

Word of caution ... the "guardians" thing wont work as this is a fully licenced venue as opposed to a "concert venue" or outdoor show where alcohol is sold. I know this because my brother and his 17yr 10mths old son were home from Oz two yrs ago , so I decided to surprise them with tickets for The Answer ..... my nephew was asked for ID at the door and they wouldn't let him in as he was 2 mths too young (despite being with his Dad and 2 uncles).

... as we stood outside deciding what to do (go home, sell the tickets, give the tickets away, some go in, some go home etc) the doorman must have sympathised and radio'd the venue manager. The manager came out, heard our story and said "OK, bring him upstairs to the balcony, watch the show from there and obviously no drinking" - true gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭montec

Got mine too, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Stormageddon

Me too :D

I wonder how long it'll take to sell out?

I better get a ticket soon! If I missed this I'd never forgive myself :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

Got my tickets at 09:02. Wasn't sure if it'd sell out really quick or not. I only heard about the tickets going on sale last night from a weekly ticketmaster email that i usually delete without opening.

Between this gig and Lamb of God the month before it, I'm looking forward to an awesome couple of gigs at the Academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sydsad

Kept refreshing the page from about 8.56 onwards.

Was not going to miss this.

Im so happy. BOOM!!! haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

got a ticket this arvo....... \m/

Got my ticket round 1pm. Was only ~220 tickets left then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

My brother got me tickets to this! Delighted! :D

Mushy wrote: »

This just made me go and order one quick. No way I'm gonna risk missing this gig!

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    This just made me go and order one quick. No way I'm gonna risk missing this gig!

Tis why I asked the lad and put it up. I still have another ticket to get, but chances are it'll be sold out by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icarus86

Got a couple of tickets for this earlier today, and the fella behind the counter said there is a small number of tickets left for it. I thought it would have sold out sooner than it has

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Still available via Ticketmaster anyway

Advertisement