Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Horizon Set Top Box trial

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I've watch films on on-demand on the old box through the rental period end and it always allowed me to play to the end, perhaps this is a new 'Feature' in the new box?

I always thought the 48 hr rental for all rentals including new releases was pretty decent, considering most legal equivalents are nearly all 24 hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

paulboland wrote: »
    Are you running Windows 7 or Windows 8
    Have you setup your homegroup
    and shared your printer

I've connected a Windows 7 laptop .... and wireless printing works. But no luck with Mac or any apple device .....

Has anybody using Horizon and apple devices managed to print wireless ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Don't think UPC like Macs. I can't get horizon.tv to work on my IMac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

towger wrote: »
    I've connected a Windows 7 laptop .... and wireless printing works. But no luck with Mac or any apple device .....

Has anybody using Horizon and apple devices managed to print wireless ?
    Windows 7 and Windows 8
    My iPhone 4 works ok printing wireless
    Download Netgear Genie its network software
    Its great to find out devices on your network
    It also has a feature Air Print to enable iPhone to print

It can be used with any router not just netgear
    Some Functions are netgear only but most of the best functions can be used with any router

For Apple devices
    Make sure you have iTunes installed and Adobe Reader XI
    Also Latest Java software update

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭daherlihy

Does anyone know if the Set Reminder is supposed to be functioning as normal on the trial box? Needless to say, the reason why I'm asking is because its yet to notify us of any programme start!! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Its a subtle display in the top left on horizon rather then the in your face version on the old box. Perhaps you just missed it? (yea, defeats the purpose of a reminder I know)

Does anybody have a link to the full list of remote codes. Code 2248 listed in the manual for Samsung does not work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

have they done anything to fix the wifi range yet? is there anyway for me to use another router to increase the range?

have they done anything to fix the wifi range yet? is there anyway for me to use another router to increase the range?

I have to say this was a big worry for me before getting the box. Previously I had the Thompson router which I was operating to its limit, Xbox in the attic etc.
    I have found the Horizon range to be the same and it connects quite some distance away. I've played around with channels to increase speed so overall I've happy with it ..... except for no wireless printing on an apple device is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

I have to say this was a big worry for me before getting the box. Previously I had the Thompson router which I was operating to its limit, Xbox in the attic etc.
    I have found the Horizon range to be the same and it connects quite some distance away. I've played around with channels to increase speed so overall I've happy with it ..... except for no wireless printing on an apple device is possible.

i have had the complete opposite happen to me...i went from a good signal to a poor signal....now im looking into finding another wireless router to connect to but im not that tech savy as to pick the correct one for the job. with the good weather id love to be able to sit out the garden enjoying the sun with an internet connection

• Advertisement

Works ok to print Wireless from a iPhone 4
    I have Windows 7 and Windows 8
    Make sure you have iTunes installed and Adobe Reader X
    Enable Printer sharing on Windows 7 or Windows 8
    Use HomeGroup to do this
    If you had this setup before with different Router
    Disable Homegroup and Re do its Setup

ALSO DO THIS
    Enable Air Print
    Use Netgear Genie to enable Air Print works with any Wireless router and if Printer shared

• Registered Users Posts: 30 WoodenShoe

Does anybody have a link to the full list of remote codes. Code 2248 listed in the manual for Samsung does not work for me.
    The code listed here: http://wwwch.upc-cablecom.ch/remote-codes-en.pdf. is mentioning 2448 for Samsung.

WoodenShoe wrote: »
    The code listed here: http://wwwch.upc-cablecom.ch/remote-codes-en.pdf. is mentioning 2448 for Samsung.

Thanks . Yes I got it working now. Also I may have been not releasing the TV button as soon as it powered off during the pairing process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

daherlihy wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Set Reminder is supposed to be functioning as normal on the trial box? Needless to say, the reason why I'm asking is because its yet to notify us of any programme start!! :confused:

After several weeks, the first Reminder worked for me yesterday. After setting the reminder, I then went into the Settings and ensured Reminders were turned on (it seemed to be On already, but I re-confirmed the setting) and it appeared.

I don't know if setting/resetting that fixed it, or if it was just a previous software update that did it.

who_me wrote: »
    After several weeks, the first Reminder worked for me yesterday. After setting the reminder, I then went into the Settings and ensured Reminders were turned on (it seemed to be On already, but I re-confirmed the setting) and it appeared.

I don't know if setting/resetting that fixed it, or if it was just a previous software update that did it.

We saw it last night too, but its not very clear at all on the screen, not as much as on the UPC box.

Also, it should auto-jump to the channel like it did on the UPC box.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

daherlihy wrote: »
    We saw it last night too, but its not very clear at all on the screen, not as much as on the UPC box.

Also, it should auto-jump to the channel like it did on the UPC box.

True. In case you don't know - pressing OK while the reminder is on screen will switch to the relevant channel.

who_me wrote: »
    True. In case you don't know - pressing OK while the reminder is on screen will switch to the relevant channel.
    Yep I know this, hat-tip either way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Markronan

Hey how do i pair the remote with the tv i have the code but what do i do thanks?

Markronan wrote: »
    Hey how do i pair the remote with the tv i have the code but what do i do thanks?

See instruction manual - first 2-3 pages if I can recall correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Doesn't anyone else have issues with the internet on these machines?

At times I'll be in my room and the net is working fine and all of a sudden its gone, come back out to the living room and its working perfectly:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭KenH

At times I'll be in my room and the net is working fine and all of a sudden its gone, come back out to the living room and its working perfectly:confused:

I had an issue today. No signal on my phone when my computer had in the same area. A restart of the phone fixed it. Don't know if it was the phone or the box that caused it. Let's just say it never happened with the old box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

KenH wrote: »
    I had an issue today. No signal on my phone when my computer had in the same area. A restart of the phone fixed it. Don't know if it was the phone or the box that caused it. Let's just say it never happened with the old box.

Agreed, my parents have an older box and the internet is very very reliable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Can anyone watch www.horizon.tv on Mac OSX Mountain Lion (10.8.4)?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Getting horizon box tomorrow. UPC said we have to give the old TV box to the courier but forgot to ask do we give them our viewing card or do we keep the viewing card?

... might this have something to do with auto-channel?

Getting horizon box tomorrow. UPC said we have to give the old TV box to the courier but forgot to ask do we give them our viewing card or do we keep the viewing card?
    Horizon does not use a viewing card

paulboland wrote: »
    Horizon does not use a viewing card

Wow really that's good to know I thought they use the cards to identify the customer?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Wow really that's good to know I thought they use the cards to identify the customer?

I've a horizon box and had to transfer the card from my old box.

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    I've a horizon box and had to transfer the card from my old box.

So you just gave back the box and kept the card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

So you just gave back the box and kept the card?

Due to circumstances, I haven't been able to return the old box yet. But I was instructed to put the old card into the Horizon box. I'd definitely keep the card because I'm 99% sure it is necessary for the new box to work correctly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement