Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Dublin City Triathlon 2012

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

dited wrote: »
    The amended times are up but the link given above still leads to the old ones. Click on DCT results on this page: http://www.championchipireland.com/results/index.php

They are the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 pm78

press refresh when you go to champ chip page

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Got them there, delighted with my actual time

Mine are still wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭littlemsfickle

First time doing this race - just wanted to say fab course and really well organised! Nice gillet too:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Yet again Piranha put on a great race. My 4th time doing it and thoroughly enjoyed it again. Died a death on the run but to be expected having lost a lot of fitness from Frankfurt. Proven yday by the chicked protocol. First time chicked this year in the NS. :D

A small aside. Averaged 238 watts on the bike and G force (Noble) went by me like a rocket on the Khyber. Oh to be able to average 360 watts.

Well done Huff n Puff who also went by me flying on the run when i was on my first lap. Although he was lucky not to go head first into a tree when running thru the muck...nice save!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

First time Tri (well i did the sprint) for me and really really enjoyed it and hungry for more. Going to join a Tri club to work on the swimming leg as thats where i really struggle, hence doing the sprint distance. Well done to everyone involved from organisers, volunteers to competitors!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Rusty Rothar

:)
    Yet again Piranha put on a great race. My 4th time doing it and thoroughly enjoyed it again. Died a death on the run but to be expected having lost a lot of fitness from Frankfurt. Proven yday by the chicked protocol. First time chicked this year in the NS. :D

A small aside. Averaged 238 watts on the bike and G force (Noble) went by me like a rocket on the Khyber. Oh to be able to average 360 watts.

Well done Huff n Puff who also went by me flying on the run when i was on my first lap. Although he was lucky not to go head first into a tree when running thru the muck...nice save!!!

My first time doing this race and only my second olympic in all, thought it was great. The organisation was good (though the race maps weren't the best for preparing for the race, but I guess as long as you're not winning thats not an issue :)) Nice gilet and I thought the goody bag was one of the best I've got my hands on.

It was also the first race I've done without a watch. As I came across the finish line thought I heard the announcer say I had finished in a time of 2hrs 19 and in my post race delirium I didnt think anything of it, when I got the proper splits though I was actually 23 mins slower than that which brought me back to earth, guess I wont be challenging Gavin Noble next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Firstly hats off to Piranha for an incredibly well organised day. My first ever triathlon went off in perfect conditions. Great sense of craic before the off, though it was a bit demoralising to see Gavin Noble climbing out of the water as we bobbed about waited for our wave to start!
    My 35 yr old ten speed racer got me around the 40k - I'd have a wager it was the oldest, and heaviest, bike there.
    Was hoping for a 2:45, managed 2:52, just didn't have it in me to push on the run, more brick sessions needed. Brilliant day, really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭dited

cjt156 wrote: »
    My 35 yr old ten speed racer got me around the 40k - I'd have a wager it was the oldest, and heaviest, bike there.

Brown Mercian?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Huff n Puff

Very well organised event once again from Piranha. Easily one of my favourite events of the year. Stephen Early is just a beast.

Ha, good spot! Peter Kern had just scared me into picking up the pace so running kamikaze through the mud was the only option! I would imagine the mud got a lot worse for the even later waves? its all good fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Very well organised event once again from Piranha. Easily one of my favourite events of the year. Stephen Early is just a beast.

Ha, good spot! Peter Kern had just scared me into picking up the pace so running kamikaze through the mud was the only option! I would imagine the mud got a lot worse for the even later waves? its all good fun though.

You were never a cross country runner any way, haha

Ceepo wrote: »
    You were never a cross country runner any way, haha
    as well you know Kenny! you happy with yesterday's race?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The coke at the finish line was a stroke of genius. Never had that at a race finish before, god it was lovely. :) I didn't get my 99 or a burger tho. The queues for both were crazy. But I think I'll live. Another thing that was good was that all the marshals were so pleasant. Last time I did it a few years ago the guy over the transition area did let the power go to his head a bit. But no such hassle this time!

as well you know Kenny! you happy with yesterday's race?
    Sorry had to jump in there lol

Only going through the motions really, no great spark there,

Well done yourself, you must be happy with that, good to see your leg is holding up, rest will do it good

Well done yourself, you must be happy with that, good to see your leg is holding up, rest will do it good

Tis a long season and very hard to keep going. Motivation is low for me too at the moment but one more race to go so nearly there.

Happy enough alright. Best of the rest is all I am good enough for at the moment. Those other two boys are light years ahead. Leg is improving. Should be OK to beat you at the next XC!

Tis a long season and very hard to keep going. Motivation is low for me too at the moment but one more race to go so nearly there.

Happy enough alright. Best of the rest is all I am good enough for at the moment. Those other two boys are light years ahead. Leg is improving. Should be OK to beat you at the next XC!

The way your going v's the way I'm going, the one leg will do you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

dited wrote: »
    Brown Mercian?

Grey (originally a blend of metallic blue and rust) anonymous French thing. Second hand when my brother got it in about 1980. Brakes and wheels were originally Weinmann, headset Touriste, Sunbow derailleurs. Cottered cranks and wrong way threads on the bottom bracket, creaks marginally less than I do!

Has anybody got a gilet that they don't intend on using? I'm looking for size small/medium. I have XL if somebody wants to swap.

Advertisement