Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meath GAA discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Felexicon wrote: »
    A Dub calling a Meath men robbers!!

You have form when it comes to robbing flags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Why does ticketmaster only have tickets for a small few (bad) sections of croke park? surely it wont be a sellout?

Would you not look into getting tickets from local club? Or are u involved with a club??
    Try Supervalu

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Why does ticketmaster only have tickets for a small few (bad) sections of croke park? surely it wont be a sellout?

I got good Lower Hogan tickets from tickets.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jamesie_boy

Lemlin wrote: »

Is it for section 336? those are the only ones they have on tickets.ie. Wouldn't like that section as it's right in the corner next to the hill/nally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Is it for section 336? those are the only ones they have on tickets.ie. Wouldn't like that section as it's right in the corner next to the hill/nally.
    If you want better tickets you'll have to be like the rest of us and become a member of your local club. Otherwise just take what you get

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Felexicon wrote: »

If you want better tickets you'll have to be like the rest of us and become a member of your local club. Otherwise just take what you get
    I was a member of my local club and the tickets we used to get were terrible if you could get them at all. I gave up after that. You will have no issues getting them even on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I got 328 earlier in the week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Next year you should get a season ticket. Gets you into all the league games, home and away as well as the first championship game of the season. Then it guarantees you a ticket smack bang in the middle of the lower tier in the Cusack stand for games in Croke Park. Also, each game after the first championship game is a fiver cheaper than normal.

Ladies were beaten by the Dubs in Carlow today. 3-9 to 1-6 it finished. Let's hope that's the only loss to Dublin this year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Craig Dowling

lets hope
    quietly confident about next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭brianclown

My heart skips a beat every time I think about the match. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

any word on how training is going??

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Browning2010

I got section 308 in Cusack on tickets.ie which are grand seats Imo.......

Section 304 for me. They seem to have shunted the season ticket holders to the right a bit from the Kildare game for some reason. Won't be under cover either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭rpurfield

weeks dragging in altogether ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

Section 304 for me. They seem to have shunted the season ticket holders to the right a bit from the Kildare game for some reason. Won't be under cover either.

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭meath12

does anyone know if your allowed to attend meath training, and what time would it be on at tomorrow?

meath12 wrote: »
    does anyone know if your allowed to attend meath training, and what time would it be on at tomorrow?
    I'd doubt it. They usually announce it if it's a training session open to the public. I'd say the management are trying to keep the players from any sort of hype. I notice they sent Geraghty to the launch of the final in Croker instead of a starting player. Also, it looks as if there's been a ban on the players using Twitter as the majority of them haven't tweeted since the start of the month. No interviews with the players are being done either. The interview with Mickey Burke that was published this week was supposedly carried out a couple of weeks back.

Minor team's been announced for Sunday. McEntee and Kenelly are back from injury.
    Meath minor team v Dublin
    1 Jack Hannigan (Donaghmore/Ashbourne)
    2 Declan Smyth (Dunsany)
    3 Brian Power (Ratoath)
    4 Shane Gallagher (Simonstown Gaels)
    5 Patrick Kennelly (Dunderry)
    6 Shane McEntee (St Peters Dunboyne/Kilbride)
    7 Ruairi O'Coileain ( Navan O'Mahonys)
    8 Adam Flanagan (Clonard)
    9 Padraic Harnan (Jenkinstown Gaels) Capt
    10 Cillian O'Sullivan (Jenkinstown Gaels)
    11 Jason Daly (St Peters Dunboyne/Kilbride)
    12 James McEntee (St Vincents/Curraha)
    13 Barry Dardis (Summerhill)
    14 Stephen Coogan (Dunderry)
    15 Fiachra Ward (Wolfe Tones)

yeah i noticed that too with the players not tweeting anymore, hopefully thats a good thing that theres a media ban on the players and its good all is quiet in the camp.

the meath team has been named

D Gallagher;
    D Keogan,
    K Reilly,
    M Burke,
    D Tobin,
    S McAnarney,
    B Menton
    C Gillespie,
    B Meade,
    A Forde,
    D Carroll,
    G Reilly,
    B Farrell,
    J Sheridan,
    S Bray.

abit surprised that bray is actually starting but it must show that hes fit and going well in training, and i thought menton would have been in the corner instead of mickey burke. anyway hope they all perform well on sunday:)

meath12 wrote: »
    yeah i noticed that too with the players not tweeting anymore, hopefully thats a good thing that theres a media ban on the players and its good all is quiet in the camp.

the meath team has been named

D Gallagher;
    D Keogan,
    K Reilly,
    M Burke,
    D Tobin,
    S McAnarney,
    B Menton
    C Gillespie,
    B Meade,
    A Forde,
    D Carroll,
    G Reilly,
    B Farrell,
    J Sheridan,
    S Bray.

abit surprised that bray is actually starting but it must show that hes fit and going well in training, and i thought menton would have been in the corner instead of mickey burke. anyway hope they all perform well on sunday:)
    I personally would have started Cian Ward and brought on Bray later. I feel Ward hasn't gotten the credit he's deserved recently. He's been roaming all over the park in the last few games and has been tracking back well. It's just a pity that he seems to have lost his range with free kicks. When he's on form with frees, he literally has a chance with any free within the 65.

• Advertisement

yeah ive always thought cian is a very good player and he has been doing alot of work out the field but maybe its better with bray starting because i dont know if we could really risk to have cian on when he isnt scoring, and it could end up being a shoot out. i say cian will be brought on as a sub and maybe he might be better to come on with a point to prove, bray will also want to put in a good performance so that he can keep his place.

Nerves are shot. Only hours away now. Praying we don't resort to the typical Meath style of the last few seasons of one great performance followed by a disastrous one.

COME ON THE ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Is there highlights of the match on RTE on tuesday next, if so, see you next tuesday Pat Spillane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭mattser

Is there highlights of the match on RTE on tuesday next, if so, see you next tuesday Pat Spillane.

What do you mean ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

mattser wrote: »
    What do you mean ?

Think he's callin Pat Spillane a cu*t in a roundabout way

Who me, Never :rolleyes:

The man is a tool, I would say half of Kerry would want to kick the 5hit out of him as well, he has no respect for anyone and between him and Brolly they are a joke.

At least McStay called it as it was last night in regards to Brolly.

McStay has really gone up in my estimation in the last few weeks, although I don't know why I would have doubted that he was a decent fells and I knew his brother Paul years ago and he was a nice guy

So it's Meath v Laois in Tullamore (our second home this season) on Saturday at 3.30pm.
    I'd be hoping that the last 15 minutes or so yesterday will make it easier to lift the players. I just hope they stay switched on for the full 35 minutes plus injury time of each half unlike yesterday.
    We should have enough to beat Laois but then again it's relatively rare that a team wins their qualifier just 6 days after losing a provincial final.

So it's Meath v Laois in Tullamore (our second home this season) on Saturday at 3.30pm.
    I'd be hoping that the last 15 minutes or so yesterday will make it easier to lift the players. I just hope they stay switched on for the full 35 minutes plus injury time of each half unlike yesterday.
    We should have enough to beat Laois but then again it's relatively rare that a team wins their qualifier just 6 days after losing a provincial final.

I think the mentality has been very good for the last few matches and I would hope we have enough in the tank to take Laois. No disrespect to Leitrim, I thought that they were poor this year and they ran Laois close last Saturday. Again, Laois will be well prepared by McNulty and they will probably either try to put it up to us physically or by running at us hoping that we will tire as the game goes on. I think we can buck the trend, but we are going to have to dig deep.
    Any news on Kevin Reilly, is he going to be available?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Craig Dowling

reilly has been ruled out
    achilles again

• Advertisement

the interesting thing is though that since the qualifiers were introduced we have been in 3 leinster finals, 2001,2010 and now 2012 and this is the first one we've lost and have had to play in the 4th round of the qualifiers, so we dont really know what the players will be like after losing a final but they have great heart and spirit. hopefully if any team can get rid of this 6 day turnaround curse its meath:)
    il be going on saturday and i hope we have alot going to support the lads, il be nervous for this game especially with us being favourites but hopefully banty and co. will get the lads right for saturday.

Advertisement