Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Hope that's just a one off. :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

DBK wrote: »
    Hope that's just a one off. :(

It's at the flared pin joint too, so that's not coming apart easily.

Emailed the vendor, they said they'd pop a spare arm off the shoulder/ball joint and send me that as a replacement.

Hopefully that sorts it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

wernstrom! wrote: »
    It's at the flared pin joint too, so that's not coming apart easily.

Emailed the vendor, they said they'd pop a spare arm off the shoulder/ball joint and send me that as a replacement.

Hopefully that sorts it.

I hope that works out for you wernstrom.

Just got my email notification. My MP-Smokescreen is on its way. I doubt I will have it before Christmas but atleast I know its on the way.

Really like that Tigertracks :)

Looks like Year of the Horse Optimus will be stocked by TRU UK.

• Advertisement

Looks like Year of the Horse Optimus will be stocked by TRU UK.

Not for me. That gold addition does not look good in my eyes. And a see thru trailer. :(

For those of you who didn't hear, Masterpiece Wheeljack has been confirmed via a silhouette. No toy images yet. I'm thinking we'll see them in the next month or two.

Nothing more on Bumblebee, but given how difficult VW have been about licensing before...this wouldn't surprise me. One rumour suggested that in order to get licensing at all, TT had to settle for the 2013 model.

Not for me. That gold addition does not look good in my eyes. And a see thru trailer. :(

It's an acquired taste.... more so since Roller and Spike are apparently missing this time (?)

It's also a bit of an FU from Hasbro to the people who missed it previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Never really went for gold* or 'crystal' Transformers myself.

*unless it's an Electrum kind of deal...

And the funny thing is, if TRU UK get them and they don't sell and they offload them like the Skywarps in Argos (23euro), I actually probably buy it. :(

And the funny thing is, if TRU UK get them and they don't sell and they offload them like the Skywarps in Argos (23euro), I actually probably buy it. :(

I'd say TRU UK didn't order many. They squeeze exclusives to death, from what I hear, never mind 'Ohhh there's a movie coming'.

The thing with Skywarp came from Warlmart under ordering Masterpiece Starscream, then over ordering Skywarp and the overrun going to Argos.

There is still some danger of this iteration of MP10 being over produced since the last one was considered scarce. If it doesn't meet sales expectations, it may have some negative consequences for the Hasbro Masterpiece line.

Personally, I couldn't give an expletive deleted if it does. Takara will keep going anyway.

• Advertisement

For those of you who didn't hear, Masterpiece Wheeljack has been confirmed via a silhouette. No toy images yet. I'm thinking we'll see them in the next month or two.

Nothing more on Bumblebee, but given how difficult VW have been about licensing before...this wouldn't surprise me. One rumour suggested that in order to get licensing at all, TT had to settle for the 2013 model.

It will probably be awhile since according to BBTS WJ and BB seemed to be pushed back to 2nd Quarter 2014. So the first releases 2014 will be repaints. G-2 Sideswipe and Soundblaster with RatBat. I wonder if we'll get the other Lambor colors [Clamp-Down and Deep-Cover] as well during the year.

Happy Christmas everyone.

That Platinum Prime just looks weird...

Yeah, I think so too. Pimp my Prime gone wrong.

Its tempting to buy a second acid storm and get started on an Mp11 Skywarp...

I kinda got the impression in the last few months that whilst Masterpieces have a single 'public face' credited for their design, each one has to go through a series of hoops. Behind the scenes then, maybe not much has changed.

It took TT a long time to set into a clear pattern/vision for the Masterpiece line, if they muck it up now.....There's plenty of 3p Companies waiting to step in.

I kinda got the impression in the last few months that whilst Masterpieces have a single 'public face' credited for their design, each one has to go through a series of hoops. Behind the scenes then, maybe not much has changed.

It took TT a long time to set into a clear pattern/vision for the Masterpiece line, if they muck it up now.....There's plenty of 3p Companies waiting to step in.

I'm not sure how to react to this news. The reaction on TF boards has been mixed. Some are hoping that we'll finally get an MP Megatron in scale with with MP-10 Prime, while others are practically saying this could be the end of Masterpiece.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to react to this news. The reaction on TF boards has been mixed. Some are hoping that we'll finally get an MP Megatron in scale with with MP-10 Prime, while others are practically saying this could be the end of Masterpiece.

Any TRUE fan of Transformers, knows that Hasbro actually HATE Transformers and plan to cancel the line entirely, forever.

It's all Michael Bay's fault, if it wasn't for him, Transformers would be a $10BN per annum brand.

(this message was bought to you by my utter contempt for some elements of the fandom)

Any TRUE fan of Transformers, knows that Hasbro actually HATE Transformers and plan to cancel the line entirely, forever.

It's all Michael Bay's fault, if it wasn't for him, Transformers would be a $10BN per annum brand.

(this message was bought to you by my utter contempt for some elements of the fandom)

Yeah some members will always look to crap on something. My MP collection is pretty small Mp-1 [in a case of attic limbo atm] Mp-2 both of which were good, MP-12, MP-17 and I have a new 18 and 19 on the way. I'm trying to get the ones I missed.

I'll wait until I see what MP-23 looks like before I start reading Masterpiece its last rights. Worse comes to worse I'll just buy only the ones that interest me.

• Advertisement

Transformers: RUINED FOREVER!!!!

Yeah some members will always look to crap on something. My MP collection is pretty small Mp-1 [in a case of attic limbo atm] Mp-2 both of which were good, MP-12, MP-17 and I have a new 18 and 19 on the way. I'm trying to get the ones I missed.

I'll wait until I see what MP-23 looks like before I start reading Masterpiece its last rights. Worse comes to worse I'll just buy only the ones that interest me.

I kind of admire the dedication of anyone who's managed to 'collect them all' but i don't have MP2-4, or any of the black repaints... and probably never will.

I kind of admire the dedication of anyone who's managed to 'collect them all' but i don't have MP2-4, or any of the black repaints... and probably never will.

I have no intention of getting the "Evil Optimus' and Rodimus'" and I'm sure there will be an "Evil" Ultra Magnus after he comes out in August [and I wouldn't be surprised if there is a Diaclone one as well] Sideswipe got me back into the line because he is one of my favorites [he was my very first TF when I was a kid] and then Prowl, Bluestreak and Smokescreen were announced [who were also characters that I liked. Except for toon SS's head]

The whole Evil Optimus thing is a bit like.......well Evil Lincoln really. Which is probably why i'm not big on the whole Shattered Glass thing either.

Diaclone repaints are an insta-buy unfortunately. Microchange inspired repaints, i probably wouldn't bother though.

Diaclone repaints are an insta-buy unfortunately.

Looking forward to a red Sunstreaker :) I'd buy him in all colours if they ever get round to it.

Looking forward to a red Sunstreaker :) I'd buy him in all colours if they ever get round to it.

Sunstreaker's transformation is similar to Wheeljack's so it is possible we will see a MP-Sunstreaker soon. Takara will want to capitalize on the Lamborghini license while they have it.

possible we will see a MP-Sunstreaker soon.

I hope it's true. Dunno what my obsession is with him but I want a MP version of him and Jazz.

I hope it's true. Dunno what my obsession is with him but I want a MP version of him and Jazz.

Although i always thought Jazz was a bit forced as a character, i can't imagine many people would be against one.

Sunstreaker from Wheeljack, i can almost see it, what i can't quite get my head around is the different proportions on the hood and driver area.

Aside from that....Sunstreaker was very 'square' for a Countach. The Diaclone mold wasn't licensed, so not really an issue. If TT show Lamborghini a squared off Countach, never mind the fact the back is effectively missing, are they going to want to license it i wonder?

Tracks and Galvatron moving up the rumour list.

One generally credible insider said second half of the yr

• Advertisement

Probably because Sideswipe is out. Its makes sense to inevitably make Sunstreaker. Jazz has to happen sooner or later. He was too important in the series. Well they have his transformation scheme down now that Smokescreen is out [since toon SS and Jazz both had the wheels on top of the shoulders instead of behind them like Prowl and Bluestreak]plus Jazz's transformation scheme is similar to the Datsun-Bots [minus swivelling their legs around]

Advertisement