Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterpiece / Masterpiece compatible Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GerHankey

Looks fantastic, but it must be close to scout size.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

MPO8X, King Grimlock, is being reissued.

It will cost you, but still a lot cheaper than what it's been going for.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

GerHankey wrote: »

I guess that's why he's paired with Spike/Daniel.

Looks great tough. Love the transformation.

Apparently the next few releases after Magnus will address the uneven Decepticon/Autobot ratio.

GerHankey wrote: »

*vaguely remembers when Hasbro still made new Scout molds*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

So the exclusive BlueStreak has been confirmed as "Silver"BlueStreak instead of the expected "Blue"Bluestreak. I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for a "Blue" BlueStreak.

• Advertisement

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    So the exclusive BlueStreak has been confirmed as "Silver"BlueStreak instead of the expected "Blue"Bluestreak. I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for a "Blue" BlueStreak.

Per my post on the 10th of March:
    wernstrom! wrote: »
    That exclusive bluestreak has been all but confirmed as a toy deco.

blue is apparently still coming...but not til at least yr end.

The one picture i saw of it made it look so drab, that it made me think of the Mexican version of Bluestreak.

73ml35.jpg

^^ beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DBK

Now King Grimlock Mp-08x comes with a throne? WTF?

Apparently the next few releases after Magnus will address the uneven Decepticon/Autobot ratio.

Hopefully they'll be original molds and not just "evil" repaints of current Autobot molds [Though I am expecting an "Evil" Ultra Magnus at some stage. Takara will want to make their money back on that new mold]

• Advertisement

Maybe they'll do a 'Diaclone' MP Magnus.

65qx08.jpg

I suppose it might be vaguely entertaining, for two minutes, to have one of my Masterpiece Grimlocks sitting on the thrown, wearing his crown, while he's being served by the other one in waiter mode.

The amount of add-ons/accessories for Masterpiece Grimlock is getting just slightly excessive though.

(note i didn't say overused this time)

'Happiness is a smoking flamethrower.'

scr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

That is one nice looking baked potato
    :)

Galvasean wrote: »
    Maybe they'll do a 'Diaclone' MP Magnus.

Diaclone Magnus is definitely a given.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

'Happiness is a smoking flamethrower.'

scr.jpg

How does it compare to Grimlock (if you can make the comparison?)

FutureGuy wrote: »
    How does it compare to Grimlock (if you can make the comparison?)

Proportionately heavier? more parts? More complex?

?????

Can't find them now, but saw some cool images of not Sludge taken from a Japanese magazine earlier.

Can't find them now, but saw some cool images of not Sludge taken from a Japanese magazine earlier.

Fansproject Columpio?
    Project X Neptune?
    Mechaforms Gunk?

No images of Gigapower's or FansToys' attempt at a Masterpiece Sludge have been shown yet AFAIK, and reveals in Japanese magazines aren't generally how 3P companies go about things.........

Not sure which one it was as I'm not up on the names and can't read Japanese, but it should be identifiable as it comes with a smaller robot who transforms into his weapon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Have they given up on the MP-M series?

Can only remember two, a repaint of HFTD Leader Starscream which is a fantastic mold worthy of the MP tag and a repaint of Battleops Bumblebee which I have no opinion on as I've never owned it.

Have they given up on the MP-M series?

Can only remember two, a repaint of HFTD Leader Starscream which is a fantastic mold worthy of the MP tag and a repaint of Battleops Bumblebee which I have no opinion on as I've never owned it.

Dead and buried.

The two you recall are the only two that were made. Hasbro Asia tried to resurrect it somewhat with the Asia Premium series, but all that yielded was a repaint of Striker Optimus in Buster Optimus colours and a redeco of Leader Brawl.

It also doesn't help that Hasbro have essentially given up on the Leader class, but are generous enough to take people's money for undersized simplified toys at the same price point.

Not sure which one it was as I'm not up on the names and can't read Japanese, but it should be identifiable as it comes with a smaller robot who transforms into his weapon.

That's Columpio & Derpan [I am not pulling your leg]

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FPJ10044&mode=retail

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Dead and buried.

The two you recall are the only two that were made. Hasbro Asia tried to resurrect it somewhat with the Asia Premium series, but all that yielded was a repaint of Striker Optimus in Buster Optimus colours and a redeco of Leader Brawl.

It also doesn't help that Hasbro have essentially given up on the Leader class, but are generous enough to take people's money for undersized simplified toys at the same price point.

That's a shame. The movie has some awesome designs.

HFTD Leader Starscream and HFTD Leader Optimus are two of the best models in any line.

Looks like the reissue of King Grimlock may not be available from some, or all, of the usual suspect suppliers in Asia.

Robotkingdom apparently said they're not carrying it, and it hasn't appeared on a few other of the normal places one would obtain Hasbro Asia items from.

Hasbro version of MP10 is being reissued by Hasbro Asia, and at a not-too-awful price either.

Check the usual suspects WRT to Dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭AxlF

Hasbro version of MP10 is being reissued by Hasbro Asia, and at a not-too-awful price either.

Check the usual suspects WRT to Dealers.

$140 at RobotKingdom - even with shipping and the risk of Custom duty, that's a good price compared to what some people were paying.
    I'm only slightly bitter I won't be able to sell mine for an outrageously scalped price now :o

*Just checked BBTS and RobotKingdom - $50 for shipping!*

14ipx7k.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Am I right in thinking one of the MP lines is readily available in Toys R Us in the States?

I'm in New York in a couple of weeks time....

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking one of the MP lines is readily available in Toys R Us in the States?

I'm in New York in a couple of weeks time....

If you find anything, it's likely to be something out of Prowl/Sunstorm and maybe a few left over Acid Storms.

TRU have been pushing up the price of Masterpieces recently, on top of which the Times Square branch has tourist trap pricing anyway. You may do better if you can find one of the other branches in NY.

Advertisement