Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A gay in the gym!!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

cloptrop wrote: »
    Holy **** dude , just cause their gay doesnt mean they are all gonna rape you . Im sure the fact that there is a gym full of gay men they wont feel the need to risk doing ten years just to do you . Do you rape all the girls you see in the gym .

I didn't say gang raped. The majority of men wouldn't report a rape as the humiliation and embarrassment of it being made public would be far greater than the humiliation of the rape and I know there's a slim chance of it actually happening at least in this country. It's just terrible when you catch another man perving on you. The thoughts that must be going through his mind. Probably imagining you in all kinds of positions and dressed in a gimp suit or a policemans unform.
    I'd never rape a woman personally but there are plenty of sick men in this world that if you put them amongst a group of half naked women in a confined space they'd probably go for it.

gcgirl wrote: »
    Rape has zero to do with sex, just because its gay friendly does not mean its a crusing spot, what age are you 15?

Rape has everything to do with sex. I take it from your username your a girl so how could you possibly claim to know the motivation for rape which is perpetrated by men almost exclusively?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

ut oh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

starch4ser wrote: »
    I didn't say gang raped. The majority of men wouldn't report a rape as the humiliation and embarrassment of it being made public would be far greater than the humiliation of the rape and I know there's a slim chance of it actually happening at least in this country. It's just terrible when you catch another man perving on you. The thoughts that must be going through his mind. Probably imagining you in all kinds of positions and dressed in a gimp suit or a policemans unform.
    I'd never rape a woman personally but there are plenty of sick men in this world that if you put them amongst a group of half naked women in a confined space they'd probably go for it.

That sounds like you imagine people in all kinds of positions and in policemens uniforms .

anyway..
    just to get back on topic, I used play footy with a bunch of lesbians and none of them (us) ever used the changing rooms, despite being horribly sweaty from running around a pitch for an hour. I often thought about how nice it would have been if everyone were to have a nice hot soapy shower after training. yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Oddjob

gcgirl wrote: »
    Rape has zero to do with sex, just because its gay friendly does not mean its a crusing spot, what age are you 15?

That's true, figures have shown that 87% of rapists just put their big toe in victims ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Couldn't give a flying fuck at all, knock yourself out.

Sure as a straight woman I regularly sneak a peek in the changing rooms just to see what the competition looks like, sometimes you catch other women doing the same, could be competitive, could be sexual, a compliment either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Foghladh

Well I for one think you made the right call in getting out of that gym.

It's better to have a little excess flab around the midriff than run the risk of ending up splayed across the rowing machine, dressed up as a member of An Garda Síochána, whilst a baying crowd of juiced up gym bunnies surround you with devious intent.

Better safe than sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I once worked for a company that offered to pay 50% of the membership in a certain Dublin gym and thought why not join up. Noticed right from the start that other men in the changing rooms were looking at my tackle and at first thought maybe that's just the way some men are. Maybe they just want to compare. This one time I caught a guy kind of bent over and looking at me through his legs. Another time a middle aged guy with a goatie had one leg up on the sink as he dried his nuts in full view of anyone leaving the showers. I was starting to get worried. Then there was the pairs of men walking around the gym and I remember one time this one guy kind of looked at me a bit odd. Not a passing glance like most men but a kind of I'm prettier than you look. The last time I was at the gym which was only a few weeks after joining, I was using one of the resistance machines and there was this guy with the typical flat nose chatting with another guy. The one guy was asking the other if he had any exciting plans for the evening and the other guy replied, nah, just heading into the george for a few. When i got home from the gym that day, I googled the name of the gym and the word gay and wouldn't you know it, all the results were for gay messageboards describing the gym as a gay friendly one. I cancelled my membership as i genuinely feared being raped some day in the corner of the changing room. Some of those gay guys that lift weights are very well built and would be well able to overpower your avarage guy i'd say. And for a while after, I wondered if it was some cruel joke by the management at the company where I worked!

So much win.

Wouldn't the lads in a gay gym just be walking around on the horn the whole time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

i wouldn't use the showers in a gym... not because of others looking at me but because its the best way to get fungal infections in your feet.

Flip flops?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I googled the name of the gym and the word gay and wouldn't you know it, all the results were for gay messageboards describing the gym as a gay friendly one.
    Indeed, that's what you were doing. Just 'researching' eh?
    Rape has everything to do with sex. I take it from your username your a girl so how could you possibly claim to know the motivation for rape which is perpetrated by men almost exclusively?
    I guessing you're trolling (badly), but if not try engage your brain before posting. So you're saying women can't comment, oh I guess numbering the vast majority of victims doesn't really qualify as any sort of experience or insight does it. Using your logic, unless you yourself were a rapist, you wouldn't understand the motivation for rape.
    Babybuff wrote: »
    anyway..
    just to get back on topic, I used play footy with a bunch of lesbians and none of them (us) ever used the changing rooms, despite being horribly sweaty from running around a pitch for an hour. I often thought about how nice it would have been if everyone were to have a nice hot soapy shower after training. yeah.
    Wha....ya....ggggooo....mm:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I find the talent in my gym is rubbish anyway, couldn't be bothered perving, that's what the internet is for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Doesn't bother me at all - why would it? (im a married woman) I know for a fact that one of the trainers is lesbian and her partner works out regularly with me, changes with me, showers in next stall thingy- generally a whole lot of nakedness. I'm good friends with them- thoughts of them checking me out never occurred to me but if they did I'd be flattered not upset, nice boost to think someone likes the look of me after all my hard work in the gym - no different than a guy checking out my ass on the threadmill really.
    I'd be more concerned with the pervert fella who hangs out in the jacuzzi and fiddles with his crotch when he thinks we're not looking.:mad:

Jimoslimos wrote: »
    Wha....ya....ggggooo....mm:)

I write smut for a living

cloptrop wrote: »
    That sounds like you imagine people in all kinds of positions and in policemens uniforms .

Yeah, your right. I have a filthy mind. People of the opposite sex though.

Indeed, that's what you were doing. Just 'researching' eh?

Your gonna be amazed when you find out what I actually do for a living. I'm genuinely a :
    Researcher!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Originally Posted by starch4ser viewpost.gif
    I once worked for a company that offered to pay 50% of the membership in a certain Dublin gym and thought why not join up. Noticed right from the start that other men in the changing rooms were looking at my tackle and at first thought maybe that's just the way some men are. Maybe they just want to compare. This one time I caught a guy kind of bent over and looking at me through his legs. Another time a middle aged guy with a goatie had one leg up on the sink as he dried his nuts in full view of anyone leaving the showers. I was starting to get worried. Then there was the pairs of men walking around the gym and I remember one time this one guy kind of looked at me a bit odd. Not a passing glance like most men but a kind of I'm prettier than you look. The last time I was at the gym which was only a few weeks after joining, I was using one of the resistance machines and there was this guy with the typical flat nose chatting with another guy. The one guy was asking the other if he had any exciting plans for the evening and the other guy replied, nah, just heading into the george for a few. When i got home from the gym that day, I googled the name of the gym and the word gay and wouldn't you know it, all the results were for gay messageboards describing the gym as a gay friendly one. I cancelled my membership as i genuinely feared being raped some day in the corner of the changing room. Some of those gay guys that lift weights are very well built and would be well able to overpower your avarage guy i'd say. And for a while after, I wondered if it was some cruel joke by the management at the company where I worked!

I think mate you were really in a gay sauna, besides what is a gay friendly gym, is that opposed to a gay unfriendly gym.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

What I dont get is, unless you walk around with a big sign on your forehead, why you would advertise the fact?
    Who cares if your gay or straight, you're at the gym?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Doc wrote: »
    How do you know if a person you don't know who showers next to you is or isn't gay anyway? I don't really care one way or the other I shower get clean and get out.

He'd be the one with the pink shower cap and the feather boa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭newport2

rochey84 wrote: »
    Let me state as well by the way I DO NOT USE THE CHANGING ROOMS AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO PERV ON LADS CAUSE THE GYM IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THAT!

If you did it would stick out like a sore thumb. Albeit quite a large one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

one of the trainers is lesbian and her partner works out regularly with me, changes with me, showers in next stall thingy- generally a whole lot of nakedness.:

Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

one of the trainers is lesbian and her partner works out regularly with me, changes with me, showers in next stall thingy- generally a whole lot of nakedness.:

Nice.

Niiiiiiice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

I cancelled my membership as i genuinely feared being raped some day in the corner of the changing room.

Ah yes, because we all know that an average gay man is far more likely to be a rapist than an average straight man...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Pacifist Pigeon

And now for some Village People ... :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement