Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A gay in the gym!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

don't bother me if gay a person is in the changing rooms, but i'd be kinda jealous they are after all getting a free lunch, so to speak.

For every gay member maybe a straight member should be allowed to use the ladies changing rooms:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

i wouldn't use the showers in a gym... not because of others looking at me but because its the best way to get fungal infections in your feet.

Two words - Flip Flops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Who the hell is Gym?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

rochey84 wrote: »
    Hi Lads and ladies,

I posted something similiar in the LGBT forum but I would love a straight persons response to this question!

How would you feel in the gym changing rooms if you knew the bloke/girl beside you and equally naked was gay? Would it make you feel uncomfortable?

I only ask cause I'm gay and I just joined the gym and I feel uncomfortable for people in the changing rooms.

Let me state as well by the way I DO NOT USE THE CHANGING ROOMS AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO PERV ON LADS CAUSE THE GYM IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THAT!

....me in a gym...bit of a mental idea.....

Anyhoo - if the gay fella eventually turned straight, I'd blame meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Maloney_o9 wrote: »
    Who the hell is Gym?

It's just some guy. Gym is the Irish spelling of Jim. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

It's just some guy. Gym is the Irish spelling of Jim. :cool:

Is thats the case the changing rooms isn't the place for them antics!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

I go to my gym Pump Harder twice a week and I never
    seen anything unusual

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Cum at me bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

forfuxsake wrote: »
    Ye'd better ****in not

You're no fun but well spotted!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I'm not loosing sleep over it, just thought I'd use AH for a bit of insight, I thought that's what forums can be used for!

Ah yeah we know gyms are full of your types, no real interest in getting fit but in finding a friend.

Rimmers over to the right, handhelds, well hold on a sec and see:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭rochey84

Ah yeah we know gyms are full of your types, no real interest in getting fit but in finding a friend.

Rimmers over to the right, handhelds, well hold on a sec and see:eek:

My Type that are there to get fit and not stare at lads???? I'm happily hooked-up so not looking for a "friend" as you put it.

As for the bit in bold, what?????????????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

A few years ago there was this chap that I ended up changing beside on numerous occasions. Caught him looking at me on the sly a good few times. I always wondered if he was gay or was a bit curious or just a strange fúcker. Never made me feel comfortable or anything. Did make it a bit weird when paths crossed on the gym floor though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I should first off define perving by my standards, I would consider it perving to be tryin to sneak a glance. Secondly the reason I posted it wasn't due to my own issues it was because a straight lad was chatting to me in the sauna the other day talkin about his missus and asked me if I had a bird cause I'd know what he meant then, and I suddenly had a moment of fear of weather or not I should tell him that I don't have a bird but I have a fella and I still know what he meant! instead I just told him I didn't but it got me thinking if I had have told him would he have felt awkward then later on in the changing rooms when we were both getting changed!

Buy a parrot or a budgie and the next time someone asks you that question you can say honestly that 'yes yes I do have a bird'.

Either that or get comfortable with your sexuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Doc wrote: »
    How do you know if a person you don't know who showers next to you is or isn't gay anyway? I don't really care one way or the other I shower get clean and get out.
    He's the one singing Whitney Houston...

I made a funny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Id be really pissed if I spent an hour a day working out and the gym gay guy wasnt eyeing me up . Id kinda feel rejected and ugly . Perve away and let me catch you doing it , its how I feel my hard work validated.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭rochey84

cloptrop wrote: »
    Id be really pissed if I spent an hour a day working out and the gym gay guy wasnt eyeing me up . Id kinda feel rejected and ugly . Perve away and let me catch you doing it , its how I feel my hard work validated.

What gym you in? I'll put up a notice on the website the other user mentioned ha ha!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

I once worked for a company that offered to pay 50% of the membership in a certain Dublin gym and thought why not join up. Noticed right from the start that other men in the changing rooms were looking at my tackle and at first thought maybe that's just the way some men are. Maybe they just want to compare. This one time I caught a guy kind of bent over and looking at me through his legs. Another time a middle aged guy with a goatie had one leg up on the sink as he dried his nuts in full view of anyone leaving the showers. I was starting to get worried. Then there was the pairs of men walking around the gym and I remember one time this one guy kind of looked at me a bit odd. Not a passing glance like most men but a kind of I'm prettier than you look. The last time I was at the gym which was only a few weeks after joining, I was using one of the resistance machines and there was this guy with the typical flat nose chatting with another guy. The one guy was asking the other if he had any exciting plans for the evening and the other guy replied, nah, just heading into the george for a few. When i got home from the gym that day, I googled the name of the gym and the word gay and wouldn't you know it, all the results were for gay messageboards describing the gym as a gay friendly one. I cancelled my membership as i genuinely feared being raped some day in the corner of the changing room. Some of those gay guys that lift weights are very well built and would be well able to overpower your avarage guy i'd say. And for a while after, I wondered if it was some cruel joke by the management at the company where I worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

starch4ser wrote: »
    I cancelled my membership as i genuinely feared being raped some day in the corner of the changing room. Some of those gay guys that lift weights are very well built and well able to overpower your avarage guy.

Genuinely?

I've never heard of a gay rape at any Irish gyms. With the amount of activity, I'd be quite confident in telling you that you were probably reasonably safe.....intimidated maybe, but that's not really the same thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

This is strange, what am I doing here, I feel i do not belong, HMM let me think....I know I am a double post..

Please delete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Originally Posted by El Jefe viewpost.gif
    Was in my gym a week or so ago and after workout myself and girlfriend got into the hydropool ( Jacuzzi), 2 gay guys got in and proceeded to pretty much straddle and grope eachother for the 10 mins they were in there. Now i am not homophobic in the slightest but this really pissed me off especially cause they kept checking everyone else there for a reaction. I mean no other straightcouples in there acted this way so i didnt really see why they should and i think they were looking for a reaction from someone just to cause an issue. Meh just a wee rant .

You're right that is highly inappropriate and I would never act like that anywhere that's public!!!

and you're right as well there are gay guys out there that act outlandishly to get a reaction and they wreck my head!!!

Call me a prude, I think that is just inappropriate behaviour, for any couple, gay or straight, anywhere in public, never mind a public jacuzzi. There is nothing worse then seeing at any pair gobbing in public, take it to the bedroom.

And concerning the OPs question, No OP why would anyone mind, really.

• Advertisement

I'm confident enough in my sexuality to not let it bother me if a gay guy checks me out - if anything, it would be a compliment somewhat!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭starch4ser

marcus2000 wrote: »
    Genuinely?

I've never heard of a gay rape at any Irish gyms. With the amount of activity, I'd be quite confident in telling you that you were probably reasonably safe.....intimidated maybe, but that's not really the same thing!

Well it crossed my mind but your right, I was more uncomfortable more than anything else. If it did happen though, i don't think many guys would report it. It's just not the way men are.
    I don't think gay and straight men should share changing rooms thought. That's more or less the same as a straight man going into a womens changing room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

No their sexuality wouldn't make a difference.

I don't get the showers/changing rooms in gyms, all my life I have never had to change in front of other people, made feel weird about my body and the whole idea of nakedness and now you expect me to change and shower in front of others, no ugh uh honey that ain't happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

I don't care.

If you did look, I'd take it as a compliment and not overreact and give out that I'm treated like a piece of meat! Treat away sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I only ask cause I'm gay and I just joined the gym and I feel uncomfortable for people in the changing rooms.

Why would you possibly feel uncomfortable for other people in the changing room???
    Im suspicous, are you sitting there staring until they glance back at which point you lick your finger and use it to rub your nipple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I once worked for a company that offered to pay 50% of the membership in a certain Dublin gym and thought why not join up. Noticed right from the start that other men in the changing rooms were looking at my tackle and at first thought maybe that's just the way some men are. Maybe they just want to compare. This one time I caught a guy kind of bent over and looking at me through his legs. Another time a middle aged guy with a goatie had one leg up on the sink as he dried his nuts in full view of anyone leaving the showers. I was starting to get worried. Then there was the pairs of men walking around the gym and I remember one time this one guy kind of looked at me a bit odd. Not a passing glance like most men but a kind of I'm prettier than you look. The last time I was at the gym which was only a few weeks after joining, I was using one of the resistance machines and there was this guy with the typical flat nose chatting with another guy. The one guy was asking the other if he had any exciting plans for the evening and the other guy replied, nah, just heading into the george for a few. When i got home from the gym that day, I googled the name of the gym and the word gay and wouldn't you know it, all the results were for gay messageboards describing the gym as a gay friendly one. I cancelled my membership as i genuinely feared being raped some day in the corner of the changing room. Some of those gay guys that lift weights are very well built and would be well able to overpower your avarage guy i'd say. And for a while after, I wondered if it was some cruel joke by the management at the company where I worked!
    Holy **** dude , just cause their gay doesnt mean they are all gonna rape you . Im sure the fact that there is a gym full of gay men they wont feel the need to risk doing ten years just to do you . Do you rape all the girls you see in the gym .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

In my gym anyway, everyone has cheeky looks at eachother, gay, straight whatever. straight poser lads in the gym are always comparing themselves to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

smash wrote: »
    Anyone ever hang out around the showers using their erection as a towel holder? :pac:

I forgot though that my local swimming pool has unisex changing rooms beside the pool, but has separate sex changing rooms for the gym area. Weird.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Bit of an overreaction there mate.

You are way too ugly to get raped.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Rape has zero to do with sex, just because its gay friendly does not mean its a crusing spot, what age are you 15?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement