Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A gay in the gym!!

Options
  • 07-03-2012 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Hi Lads and ladies,

I posted something similiar in the LGBT forum but I would love a straight persons response to this question!

How would you feel in the gym changing rooms if you knew the bloke/girl beside you and equally naked was gay? Would it make you feel uncomfortable?

I only ask cause I'm gay and I just joined the gym and I feel uncomfortable for people in the changing rooms.

Let me state as well by the way I DO NOT USE THE CHANGING ROOMS AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO PERV ON LADS CAUSE THE GYM IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THAT!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

id imagine the majority of straight men use gyms as an opportunity to perv on fit women, go nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Eh, he's just a guy, sh1t, I'd feel just a bit flattered if he did check out my junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I honestly couldn't give a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Frankly, couldnt give a fiddlers...

If there is a chick in the changing room and she's getting joy looking at my flabby bits, she's got seriously low standards!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Wouldn't really care, I dont imagine gay guys are in the gym changing rooms to perv and in my opinion if someone thinks they are there to look at them they have some serious ego issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭rochey84

id imagine the majority of straight men use gyms as an opportunity to perv on fit women, go nuts.

Yeah but I'd imagine that unless he is a proper ninja he isn't checking out the women in the changing rooms!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭OldPeculier

As long as you're not standing there talking to me like the meteor ad guy I've no bother with it at all, your sexuality is irrelevant to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I honestly couldn't give a ****.

likewise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

rochey84 wrote: »
    I DO NOT USE THE CHANGING ROOMS AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO PERV ON LADS CAUSE THE GYM IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THAT!

I don't believe that for a second. If the changing rooms were universal then both sexes would perv on each other whether intentional or not. If someone is attractive then you'll look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Hi Lads and ladies,

How would you feel in the gym changing rooms if you knew the bloke --- beside you and equally naked was gay? Would it make you feel uncomfortable?

Not in the slightest. Does that mean there's something wrong with me?:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

My gym is full of gays, most in central London seem to be anyway. It's not like they're staring at every guy that walks past, couldn't care less me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I would only feel uncomfortable if I was being stared at while getting dressed/undressed. Mind your own business and no one would be the wiser.

smash wrote: »
    I don't believe that for a second. If the changing rooms were universal then both sexes would perv on each other whether intentional or not. If someone is attractive then you'll look.

I honestly make a concious effort not to look cause I really don't wanna get the head kicked off me by some juiced up gym goer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

How do you know if a person you don't know who showers next to you is or isn't gay anyway? I don't really care one way or the other I shower get clean and get out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Doc wrote: »
    How do you know if a person you don't know who showers next to you is or isn't gay anyway? I don't really care one way or the other I shower get cleanbummed and get out.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

I wouldn't give a damn. Other people's sexual orientation is irrelevant in such a situation.

I'm female btw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I DO NOT USE THE CHANGING ROOMS AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO PERV ON LADS CAUSE THE GYM IS NOT THE PLACE FOR THAT!
    No, but as smash says, if you saw a fit guy you'd check out his ass from the corner of your eye. Because that's natural and if they were unisex changing rooms, straight men and women would do the same.

That's normal and natural. Pervy is when you sit there checking out everyone who comes in and making opportunities to talk to them.

Frankly if a gay man found me attractive enough to be worth sneaking a glance, I'd be flattered. Exactly the same as I'd be flattered if a woman did it. I'm not gay and he's not going to try stick his cock in my ass, so what would I be worried about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

FYP

No. No you didn't.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

As long as you're not standing there talking to me like the meteor ad guy I've no bother with it at all, your sexuality is irrelevant to me!

Lets get some tunes in here!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

wouldn't bother me everyone minds their own business in the changing rooms anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Seems you felt awkward because you wanted to perve them OP. If I were in there knowing you were trying to perve me that would make me awkward...

The fact that you posted this means there is an issue in your mind.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hmm, as long as no one is a prick, I couldn't care who is in the gym or changing room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i wouldn't use the showers in a gym... not because of others looking at me but because its the best way to get fungal infections in your feet.

ch750536 wrote: »
    Seems you felt awkward because you wanted to perve them OP. If I were in there knowing you were trying to perve me that would make me awkward...

The fact that you posted this means there is an issue in your mind.

I should first off define perving by my standards, I would consider it perving to be tryin to sneak a glance. Secondly the reason I posted it wasn't due to my own issues it was because a straight lad was chatting to me in the sauna the other day talkin about his missus and asked me if I had a bird cause I'd know what he meant then, and I suddenly had a moment of fear of weather or not I should tell him that I don't have a bird but I have a fella and I still know what he meant! instead I just told him I didn't but it got me thinking if I had have told him would he have felt awkward then later on in the changing rooms when we were both getting changed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

If i was in the changing room and you were there with your friends and i saw This,then we'd have a problem

pmcmahon wrote: »
    If i was in the changing room and you were there with your friends and i saw This,then we'd have a problem

I don't think that would ever be an issue but it's a funny pic cause it turns out 1 of them was my manager in the bookies years ago and is gay!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

if I had have told him would he have felt awkward then later on in the changing rooms when we were both getting changed!

You should have told him, unless of course he looks like someone who would have beaten you up!! I had a similar conversation (in the sauna at the gym) before and I said I was gay. It killed the conversation, but I was glad I said it!! :D

Let others worry about being uncomfortable @ the gym..Its not your problem really. (Unless of course you do something to make them uncomfortable!!)

marcus2000 wrote: »
    You should have told him, unless of course he looks like someone who would have beaten you up!! I had a similar conversation (in the sauna at the gym) before and I said I was gay. It killed the conversation, but I was glad I said it!! :D

Let others worry about being uncomfortable @ the gym..Its not your problem really. (Unless of course you do something to make them uncomfortable!!)

Good advice and if you substitute any other location in there instead of the gym, it is something that I live by completly it's like I've a mental block when it comes to the gym!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If you were a straight man in the girls changing room and copped the odd look you'd be a perve.
    If you were a gay guy on the guys changing room the same rule with apply.

The perve bit is got to do with your perspective not your sexual orientation. So if your a guy and don't like to look at other naked guys you'd be doing nothing wrong, but if your just like the majority of straight gays and think about every girl they come across in a sexual way before checking out their personality you shouldn't be in the guys changing room without foggy goggles on.

The same would apply to Lesbians in the girs changing room, but they can't get the horn so it's a little less obvious.*

*(changes the thread to a similar topic even straight guys can dig)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I don't think that would ever be an issue but it's a funny pic cause it turns out 1 of them was my manager in the bookies years ago and is gay!!!!
    small world all the same

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement