Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Friendlies Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Shane.C wrote: »
    ill play

grand i'll be on in about 15 minutes, GT is Specsy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone for a game or two after the Liverpool V Everton game, around 10pm?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Me Paully I owe you a beating!! Will be mic'd aswell

I'll definitely play but I can't mic Heli, sorry. Everyone in bed and I'm absolutely dying with a cold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'll play too :p

Getting the excuses in early i see Paully, when i beat you it wont be a cold it'll be man flu :pac::pac:

SantryRed wrote: »

Ill only play one game santry anyway, need to get up early for a flight

Will play you after Heli no bother at all mate.

Good game Paully (sorry my xbl messages arent longer, i refuse to use that keyboard layout!
    Saints beat Paullys Ravens 16-10

Starts badly for the Ravens when some precision punting leaves them on their 1 yard line and the Saints for a safety.

On the next series the Saints RB takes it 73 yards to the house and then another 3 with a FG.

Cundiff hits back at the end of the third with a FG for the Ravens and then with 5:41 in the game the Ravens get a TD.

Very interesting playing with an elite QB i must say

• Advertisement

Good game Paully (sorry my xbl messages arent longer, i refuse to use that keyboard layout!
    Saints beat Paullys Ravens 16-10

Starts badly for the Ravens when some precision punting leaves them on their 1 yard line and the Saints for a safety.

On the next series the Saints RB takes it 73 yards to the house and then another 3 with a FG.

Cundiff hits back at the end of the third with a FG for the Ravens and then with 5:41 in the game the Ravens get a TD.

Very interesting playing with an elite QB i must say

No worries mate, I absolutely hate writing messages on XBL too.

Your punting killed me and it was difficult for me to stop your passing game too. You played really well.

This flu is affecting my performance :pac:

Game now anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

yeah add me Eamonn87

Edit - Need to start now if you want to play?

No worries, I'll be on in 5 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Any one around for a game now

Will be on for a game after the Chelsea V Napoli game around 9:45pm if anyone's interested?

Game anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Paully D wrote: »
    Game anyone?

I'll give you one. You're gonna be Ravens right? You pick a team and I'll match them in rating.

Ill be on in about an hour if anyone wants a game

matthew8 wrote: »
    I'll give you one. You're gonna be Ravens right? You pick a team and I'll match them in rating.

Sound, logging on now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Ravens-49ers. I'm a Ravens fan but because I'm playing Paully D he's the Ravens, and I always match the Ravens with the 49ers.

49ers receive the kickoff. They bring it down the field with short throws by Smith and finish it off with a TD pass to Vernon Davis. The Ravens bring it down the field with ease and score a TD. The 49ers go 3 and out after starting on the 8. The Ravens seemed to be working it down the field fairly easily again before throwing an interception. The 49ers again used short throws to work it down the field and again threw a TD pass to Davis (I think) just before halftime. The Ravens couldn't get it down the field in time. On the first play of the 2nd half the Ravens threw an interception around the 30. On 3rd down and long (I think) I threw a deep right pass to Morgan which went in for a score. 21-7 49ers. The Ravens were forced to punt soon after. The 49ers worked it to the 30 or so, and suffered losses on a couple of plays putting them back to 3rd and 19, and got a 20 yard throw to Crabtree and a Gore TD run to ice the game. Flacco thre 2 more interceptions in desperation.

Key stat: Alex Smith 140.9-17-18-150-3-0. Excellent game by him. I seem to be figuring out how to read defenses better too.

Anyone want a game?

Good game paully, the score line flattered me you were always in control.also I should use the hurry up as my standard I generally pass better with it!

Also I need a new controller my a button doesn't seem to be working and it paused the game during your play and then did something mad with my last kick off!

matthew8 wrote: »
    Ravens-49ers. I'm a Ravens fan but because I'm playing Paully D he's the Ravens, and I always match the Ravens with the 49ers.

49ers receive the kickoff. They bring it down the field with short throws by Smith and finish it off with a TD pass to Vernon Davis. The Ravens bring it down the field with ease and score a TD. The 49ers go 3 and out after starting on the 8. The Ravens seemed to be working it down the field fairly easily again before throwing an interception. The 49ers again used short throws to work it down the field and again threw a TD pass to Davis (I think) just before halftime. The Ravens couldn't get it down the field in time. On the first play of the 2nd half the Ravens threw an interception around the 30. On 3rd down and long (I think) I threw a deep right pass to Morgan which went in for a score. 21-7 49ers. The Ravens were forced to punt soon after. The 49ers worked it to the 30 or so, and suffered losses on a couple of plays putting them back to 3rd and 19, and got a 20 yard throw to Crabtree and a Gore TD run to ice the game. Flacco thre 2 more interceptions in desperation.

Key stat: Alex Smith 140.9-17-18-150-3-0. Excellent game by him. I seem to be figuring out how to read defenses better too.

Good game mate.

I couldn't stop your passing game at all. Even though most were only short gains they absolutely killed me and you were constantly moving the chains.

3rd downs were a problem for me, think you converted 3 or 4 big 3rd downs and if I had stopped them I could have perhaps made more of a game of it.

I started to get a bit frustrated then and was throwing passes before receivers had finished running their routes.

My run game is usually my best asset but you shut that out completely.

Thanks for the game and well done!
    Good game paully, the score line flattered me you were always in control.also I should use the hurry up as my standard I generally pass better with it!

Also I need a new controller my a button doesn't seem to be working and it paused the game during your play and then did something mad with my last kick off!

Thanks Heli, same to you.

I wasn't able to handle the no huddle offence at all and that pass to your TE was killing me. Similar to you, I find myself doing much better with no huddle (I got a TD after starting from the 20 using no huddle with 1:20 left on the clock in the 2nd Q).

Same as Matthew you shut out my run game completely tonight. I'm getting more confident with the passing game thankfully, although as mentioned above I get a bit frustrated sometimes with it.

Was strange using a different team as the Ravens for the first time since I've started playing the Boards lads. I liked Matt Ryan a lot, same with my #1 and #2 receiver and TE, but Turner got nothing going in the run game at all and the O-Line doesn't seem too good run blocking either.

Thanks again lads, good games!

Just playing the Texans in my own league this morning, the lined up without a QB so when the ball was snapped my D-line got through picked it up and ran it in for a score :D

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

how on earth?^^^^^^

Shane.C wrote: »
    how on earth?^^^^^^
    Ive no idea, i thought the QB was just so close to the centre their images were merging but the ball was snapped and there was no QB there.
    Have never seen anything like it before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

You should have recorded it!!

You should have recorded it!!

I have no idea how to get into my EA account - hence why i was thinking of changing my GT :D

Has the week been advanced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Anyone up for a game? I'll be on till 430 ish

Advertisement