Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Friendlies Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Hmm...don't think I ever would have guessed that password.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Anyone around for a friendly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Anyone around for a friendly?

I wish . Stupid work :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sorry pudsy.. us grown ups need to pay back the banks :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Pudsy still on?

• Advertisement

Am indeed

2mins think I have you on xbox rizzo412. I'm too sleepy to talk

Just finishing a game with shane cos, thought that was your ga
    mertag

No worrie, going get a power nap might be on early evening

Cheers for the game shane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone want a game within the next 45 minutes, or after 9pm?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone want a game within the next 45 minutes, or after 9pm?

On now if anyone wants a game...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

adrian522 wrote: »
    On now if anyone wants a game...

I'll give you one. Actually you're playing in the franchise, Paully, do you want a game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

was just playing offline franchise, free to play tough

Sorry lads, I never managed to get back on for 9pm.

Won't be on now for the rest of the night but have my franchise game tomorrow at 7:30pm so I'll probably be around for a game or two after that.

Insanely good game with adrian. Broncos-Titans (he picked the Broncos and I always pick the Titans when playing the Broncos). Broncos took a 10-0 lead and seemed to be cruising until on a third down and 10 and the 1st half coming to a close Britt caught a jump ball for a 75 yard touchdown. Then the Broncos threw a pick and the Titans scored again just before the half. At the start of the second half the Titans got a FG. At the start of the 4th quarter Demaryius Thomas scored a 75 yard touchdown grab in a similar play to Britt's (though less fluky). The Titans, with the 4th quarter coming to a close, went for it on 4th and inches and converted around midfield. They then drove to the 39. With only a few seconds left, the kick was up, it was accurate, and it went off the crossbar (incidentally it was 98% power, typically on online games I get 100%, which I got for all other kicks in this game) and no good. In overtime the Broncos got the ball first, seemed to be moving it down the field when Tebow threw an interception to McCourty. Luckily for adro the Titans did nothing. Off the punt the Broncos drove it to the 32 where they kicked the winning FG. 20-17.

Stats:
    Hasselbeck 122.7-13-21-188-2-0 (apart from Britt's bomb all dinky passes, a couple of which could've been pick 6s.)
    Tebow 50.8-9-21-185-1-3
    Johnson 34 yards on 14 carries
    McGahee 131 yards and a score on 23 carries
    Tebow

thanks for the game and nice write up.

You were very unlucky with the fg off the crossbar.

My first time playing with the broncos, they have some interesting plays, not sure about tebow though some of his throws were way off though the picks were all my fault...

Anyone fancy a game?

adrian522 wrote: »
    thanks for the game and nice write up.

You were very unlucky with the fg off the crossbar.

My first time playing with the broncos, they have some interesting plays, not sure about tebow though some of his throws were way off though the picks were all my fault...

I find the key with Broncos is to find Fells a lot. He's an excellent receiving TE in Madden and is a big target for Tebow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Anybody up for a friendly? GT is Specsy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

I'll be on soon!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Ill be around about 9ish if anyone wants a game

Anyone for a game? I'll be on until around 12am.

Jumping on now paully

Sorry for padding my stats at the end paully!! Excellent game you shut me down completely and pretty much scored at will. Though next time I'll be picking a similarly rated team!

You've beaten me 3 times with the ravens v titans!!

Will also mic up next time

Sorry for padding my stats at the end paully!! Excellent game you shut me down completely and pretty much scored at will. Though next time I'll be picking a similarly rated team!

You've beaten me 3 times with the ravens v titans!!

Will also mic up next time

No problem mate. I didn't even mean to score that last TD either. Rice broke off for that big run and it wasn't really intended so it looked like I was padding near the end too, that wasn't my intention :)

That was probably the best game I've personally ever played on Madden since I started playing. The passing game was working just as good as the running game for me for once and I got the audibles going too.

Yeah to be fair I do have good advantage with the Ravens V Titans, I'm just so used to them and don't really play with anyone else. Fell free to choose a team rated the same because it will be tough getting me to choose someone other than the Ravens :pac:

If we play a bit earlier I can definitely mic up mate, after about 9pm during the week I have to turn the mic off though as I'd wake the whole house up :pac:

Thanks for the game!

Mike I was joking I was down by 40points and kicked a fg at the end!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Game now anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

anybody for a game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

ill play

Advertisement