Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Friendlies Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

I wish i could play in work on a 3000 grand tv. It's not considered work when I'm considering either Blitzing with man coverage or Zone. Damn Nation !

Ill be on at some point tomorrow in the afternoon if anyone wants a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anyone want a game in 15 minutes? I might have to leave for 10 minutes + to take a phone call during the game but probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Paully D wrote: »
    Anyone want a game in 15 minutes? I might have to leave for 10 minutes + to take a phone call during the game but probably won't.

Still on?

matthew8 wrote: »
    Still on?

Logging on now mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Anyone about for a game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Just played a friendly with empacher . 27-21 to him in over time! I was the texans he was the patriots. Turnovers killed me in this one ! Great game man. That hit stick on foster was awesome! Forcing a fumble! Boom!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Anyone about right now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Lads, check this fumble recovery by Samuel from mine and Rizzo's game on Thursday :pac:

Lack of football is driving me mad. Anyone up for a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lads, check this fumble recovery by Samuel from mine and Rizzo's game on Thursday :pac:

Should that no be an interception?

• Advertisement

Will anyone be on late for a game or two? After Match of the Day, so around 11:45pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

anyone on now? I'm going to play a game against the computer now but if anyone wants to start a game in the next 20mins or so invite me and I'll quit that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

just got hammered by LargeTacoFries. 6 interceptions throw (3 were returned for TDs!). In my defence it was the laggiest game I've played in a while and I hadn't used the Lions before until just a few hours ago..... all just excuses though, I was rubbish.

one interesting note. every time I play a friendly I play a completely different style to how I play in league. winning or losing I'm a complete gunslinger and just forget about running it at all. it's not intentional, I just don't think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

McG wrote: »
    just got hammered by LargeTacoFries. 6 interceptions throw (3 were returned for TDs!). In my defence it was the laggiest game I've played in a while and I hadn't used the Lions before until just a few hours ago..... all just excuses though, I was rubbish.

one interesting note. every time I play a friendly I play a completely different style to how I play in league. winning or losing I'm a complete gunslinger and just forget about running it at all. it's not intentional, I just don't think about it

How did you do so badly with the Lions? They're extremely easy to play as.

Here's a summary of Lions Falcons, me as Lions, Specsy as Falcons:
    Lions: Deep pass to Calvin Johnson, TD.
    Falcons: Long drive ending with a TD.

Easy as pie. Stick, four verticals, any way you want it. Just have Calvin Johnson going deep right and unless the coverage is really tight send a pass his way and he'll score (also works with Heyward-Bey, Bowe, Robinson, heck it works with everyone). If the coverage is really tight give it to Pettigrew.

Game over, 34-29 to the Lions. And it's no secret I'm not very good at passing the ball in the franchise (Is there something in franchise mode that makes running easier and passing harder?). The only time I run the ball in friendlies is with DeMarco Murray.

McG wrote: »

Thanks for the game mate.

Like I said on Xbox I'm sure it would have been a completely different result in a franchise game.

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Should that no be an interception?

Ball went backwards so it's classed as a fumble by the QB.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Anyone for a game?

Anyone for a game?

I'll be on after the Tottenham V Swansea game (30 minutes) if that's any good?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Paully D wrote: »
    I'll be on after the Tottenham V Swansea game (30 minutes) if that's any good?

Sound Paully see you then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

heli now?

• Advertisement

empacher wrote: »
    heli now?

Yep will jump on now and then play Paully after our game

Have sent you a friend request empacher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Beaten by heli 24-14, good game just let the game get away from me in the last 3 mins and made some stupid plays trying to get some big gains. thanks for the game

Eagles @ Titans is a tight and tense game.
    Titans go 10-0 due to two ints.

Eagles then take a 14-10 lead in the third quarter.

The Titans rally back with the help on another int and end up winning 24-14.

Good game empacher.

Paully ready when you are

Paully ready when you are

I'm on now mate. Can you invite me as I don't know how to do it on community games? Thanks.

Cowboys @ Titans!

6-3 Titans Cowboys miss 2 FGs falling just short from just under the 50 yard mark.
    Then on the 22 yard line the Cowbows line up for what surely must be a FG from this distance... the hit the upright!
    Titans run it and force the Cowboys to burn their TOs and then the Titans punt it away. Cowboys then cant get in FG range.

Good game Paully!

Cowboys @ Titans!

6-3 Titans Cowboys miss 2 FGs falling just short from just under the 50 yard mark.
    Then on the 22 yard line the Cowbows line up for what surely must be a FG from this distance... the hit the upright!
    Titans run it and force the Cowboys to burn their TOs and then the Titans punt it away. Cowboys then cant get in FG range.

Good game Paully!

Cheers mate, well done on the win, good game!

I could have sworn my kicker was wearing wellies, no power at all in his kicks!

Anyone for a game?

Game, anyone?

• Advertisement

Logging on now for an hour or two if anyone wants a game?

Advertisement