Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offseason Cuts/Trades/Signings/Franchise Tags etc.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Broncos re-sign Joe Mays

It now appears that the Dolphins have offered Smith a multi-year deal worth about $8million a year.

49ers could be left in the soft brown stuff ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RGIII

Weeden is far from NFL ready. Anyone taking him in the first round is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Broncos took Tebow in the 1st?? (Not a dig at Tebow)

Someone will panic on the day and have to take him early then they would of wanted. Its a pretty poor class after the top 2.

Well that chart is way off with the Falcons trade last year and the Redskins this year.

For example, if the 49ers end up with nothing what do they do?
    Trade for Hasselbeck? etc or go with the rookie and take him early to make sure they get him.

Tough choice.

• Advertisement

RGIII wrote: »
    Weeden is regarded as the one QB who can start in the NFL on day one. Luck is way better and will also start day one but Weeden is widely regarded as more NFL ready. Don't take my word for it - go read Mike Mayock's commtnts about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Thank God someone said it.

Weeden was under-rated up to about a month ago when he was being mocked in the 3rd/4th rounds, now all of a sudden he's everyone's binkie and is a 1st round sleeper. Truth is he's probably somewhere in between. A mid to late second would represent his true value, but that's solely because of the lack of depth in the class this year at his position. Let's not forget Ryan Tannehill is the consensus 3rd rated QB this year, and he's a poor man's Jake Locker (who is an infinitely better QB than Tannehill btw).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Thank God someone said it.

Weeden was under-rated up to about a month ago when he was being mocked in the 3rd/4th rounds, now all of a sudden he's everyone's binkie and is a 1st round sleeper. Truth is he's probably somewhere in between. A mid to late second would represent his true value, but that's solely because of the lack of depth in the class this year at his position. Let's not forget Ryan Tannehill is the consensus 3rd rated QB this year, and he's a poor man's Jake Locker (who is an infinitely better QB than Tannehill btw).

Most mocks ive seen have weeden ad a second rounder which seems about right. Tannehill on the other hand....i just dont get what the fuss about him is all about!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RGIII

Weeden more NFL ready than Luck? Sorry but your just saying that because of his age. The Oklahoma State offence has the QB utilise three, five, even seven yard drop backs from the shotgun. That's the shotgun, not under center. By having the receivers run deep this creates a lot on space underneath. This allowed Dez Bryant and Justin Blackmon a lot of space to run wild. You won't he able to run this offence in the NFL. 

Weeden will need to learn to take snaps under center, make a quick and accurate read and deliver a pass into a crowded, tighter field, learn the concepts of play action. He needs to learn the footwork required playing within a pro-offence. 

Weeden also stares his receiver down on every single play. This is why he has multiple multiple interception games. If he does not get out of this habit in the NFL, DBs will have a field day. 

This could take up to 2 years and suddenly he's 31. In my opinion a highly overrated prospect. 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Same thing that happened last year will happen again this year, Tannehill and Weedon will both go in the 1st. Browns will end up with one of them. I think they might be crazy enough to take Tannehill at 4 or if not they will def take Tannehill/Weedon at 22.

Its going to be very exciting next season, so many teams with a new QB under centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Weeden more NFL ready than Luck? Sorry but your just saying that because of his age. The Oklahoma State offence has the QB utilise three, five, even seven yard drop backs from the shotgun. That's the shotgun, not under center. By having the receivers run deep this creates a lot on space underneath. This allowed Dez Bryant and Justin Blackmon a lot of space to run wild. You won't he able to run this offence in the NFL. 

Weeden will need to learn to take snaps under center, make a quick and accurate read and deliver a pass into a crowded, tighter field, learn the concepts of play action. He needs to learn the footwork required playing within a pro-offence. 

Weeden also stares his receiver down on every single play. This is why he has multiple multiple interception games. If he does not get out of this habit in the NFL, DBs will have a field day. 

This could take up to 2 years and suddenly he's 31. In my opinion a highly overrated prospect. 

Completely agree. Can be a project third rounder for an excellent team in the mould of San Francisco who are able to overcome poor QB play and start him in a couple of years. Considering SF got to within a whisker of the SB with Alex Smith, they would be the best fit were he to start right away, simply because he'd provide the possibility of taking them up another level without them needing to rely on him. He could grow on the job there because the talent around him is excellent.

If he goes to a team and starts this year because they need him to contribute instantly, his development will stunt and he'll pan out no better than Mark Sanchez, tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

McCoy with weapons like Richardson and Floyd would be far more preferable than Tannehill or Weeden. Give McCoy a shot and if the Browns still are struggling go all out for an all-star prospect next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Weeden is 28 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Weeden is 28 :eek:

29 by the time the first game starts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭TimThomas

Its mad to think people are crazy about Weeden and its all to do with his age also. Weeden has shown talent but he is not a NFL ready QB having not played a Pro system. But because he is 28 it seems people feel he will have more maturity and fit right in or something along them lines. If Weeden goes first round whoever takes him is overpaying. I like Weeden myself but not as a 1st rounder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

TimThomas wrote: »
    Its mad to think people are crazy about Weeden and its all to do with his age also. Weeden has shown talent but he is not a NFL ready QB having not played a Pro system. But because he is 28 it seems people feel he will have more maturity and fit right in or something along them lines. If Weeden goes first round whoever takes him is overpaying. I like Weeden myself but not as a 1st rounder.

it's because if he isn't ready to go then there's not much point drafting him really...

it's because if he isn't ready to go then there's not much point drafting him really...

No QB in that Draft is NFL ready not even Luck. There is a huge misconception of what the experts throw around as NFL ready and what is actually NFL ready. Come draft time you hear guys getting the tag NFL ready because they play in Pro style systems and guys not ready because they dont. The simple fact of it all none of them are ready and the amount of surprises and busts over the years prove that. Drafting any player especially QBs is always a game of risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Panthers sign Mike Tolbert

Williams, Stewart and Tolbert with their Oline

That's a nice running game

ESPN are reporting that Manning has asked Condon to open negotiations with Denver. See Spiral all your silly worrying is mad. You could land him after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Panthers sign Mike Tolbert

Williams, Stewart and Tolbert with their Oline

That's a nice running game

Makes Newton even more dangerous if the three are used effectively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Makes Newton even more dangerous if the three are used effectively.

Id get the feeling they cut one of them loose or are open to trades. Too many cooks..

Jonathan Stewart could go on the trading block. Most likely candidate.

Jonathan Stewart could go on the trading block. Most likely candidate.

I'm thinking us. Fox did draft him after all and it would complement the Manning offence. (I'm still giddy typing this)

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Manning the Bronco so long tebow time

Just for people that want to get the know about the NFL try following @incarceratedbob on twitter.

I posted the Manning deal last week. The contract and all has been agreed
    upon.

He also posted the Nicks VJax and lots other before main stream.

He well worth following.

Just for people that want to get the know about the NFL try following @incarceratedbob on twitter.

upon.

He well worth following.

I followed him a week ago, he's brilliant, gets every scoop

upon.

He well worth following.

Dude although on the cover looks like he gets "everything" right actually doesn't. He has in the past thrown some awful stinkers. Articles like this give a good breakdown to his accuracy and believe it or not 29% of all the news he breaks is true the rest if false.

http://nfldraftmonsters.com/news/is-incarceratedbob-a-complete-fraud/

He does be off on the Jets seems to because he supports them.

All I know is since Ive been following him he has been spot on.
    No harm in following him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Seahawks looking to pick up Visanthe Shiancoe.

Is it just me that thinks the Seahawks are going to have a fairly formidable offense next season? Bush and Lynch at RB, Flynn at QB, if they could pickup one or two receivers..

• Advertisement

David Garrard is a Dolphin.

Advertisement