Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offseason Cuts/Trades/Signings/Franchise Tags etc.

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Rex Grossman is a fine back-up, but alot of teams would prefer a match-stick rather than a stick of dynamite sitting on their bench, something that's more quantifiable and less likely to blow you up instead of the other team. It makes sense that you'd pick up Cousins now so you can do alot of his and RG3's teaching concurrently while still having Grossman there were something to happen this season or Cousins not to pan out. Just look at what happened to the Bears last season, it pays to have fail-safes at QB.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Few things IMO.

RGIII wont run as much as Newton or vick. He will alot of run play action and roll out but Shanahan wont run him up the middle or anything. He is too small. 15kg lighter and 3 inches shorter than Cam. They will surely realise he wont hold up to the pounding if he is running 5-10 times a game.

Think ye are being hard on Rex. He is not great but he is an awful lot better than Cousins. Rex mananged to win a few games last year (beating the Giants twice :( ). If Cousins became as good as Rex he'd be doing well.

I think it was a poor couple of selections from the Skins picking Josh LeRibeus and Kirk Cousins.

the eagles dont call run plays for vick an athletic qb will just scramble sometimes its instinctive

im not gona argue with the cousins v grossman thing iv not seen much of cousins to make it a decent discussion but the redskins obviously think hes got more potential

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Addai going to the Pats, good pick up.
    Would of loved him at the Chargers

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Have to admit I never thought I'd see Addai in a Patriots uniform. I think this signals the end for Kevin Faulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

eagle eye wrote: »
    Have to admit I never thought I'd see Addai in a Patriots uniform. I think this signals the end for Kevin Faulk.

Realy dont see what he adds. Will he be capable of being a replacement for BGE?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Addai going to the Pats, good pick up.
    Would of loved him at the Chargers

Not a bad signing if he stays healthy but I have to say I chuckled when I saw who broke the news:
    Mike Chappell ‏ @mchappell51 Peyton manning breaks news. Says Joe Addai signing with Patriots. Great, great fit for Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

I like that move. Most likely he'll be a short yardage and goal line back, maybe even a nice bit of work on third down. Doubt he'll take too many carries off of Ridley too who I can't wait to see this year. Also curious as to what role Vereen will play, should see more of him than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

So those with the better know of college players etc which teams would you rank top and bottom 3 of the draft?

I like that move. Most likely he'll be a short yardage and goal line back, maybe even a nice bit of work on third down. Doubt he'll take too many carries off of Ridley too who I can't wait to see this year. Also curious as to what role Vereen will play, should see more of him than last year.

And Danny Woodhead?

And Danny Woodhead?

Hard to know what we will do now with our backs same situation with WR who do you keep and drop

Our Backs:

Full Backs

• Tony Fiammetta FB
    • Eric Kettani FB
    • Spencer Larsen FB
    Running Backs

• Stevan Ridley
    • Shane Vereen
    • Danny Woodhead
    • Joseph Addai
    • Brandon Bolden (rookie)
    I can see us keeping:

Ridley
    Vereen
    Woodhead
    Addai
    Larsen
    Fiammetta

I think personally Vereen will show us what he has got this season and become our number 1 back.

• Advertisement

CoachTO wrote: »
    Hard to know what we will do now with our backs same situation with WR who do you keep and drop

Our Backs:

Full Backs

• Tony Fiammetta FB
    • Eric Kettani FB
    • Spencer Larsen FB
    Running Backs

• Stevan Ridley
    • Shane Vereen
    • Danny Woodhead
    • Joseph Addai
    • Brandon Bolden (rookie)
    I can see us keeping:

Ridley
    Vereen
    Woodhead
    Addai
    Larsen
    Fiammetta

I think personally Vereen will show us what he has got this season and become our number 1 back.

Hard to see anyone keeping 2 full-backs i reckon. Fiammetta was really good for Cowgirls last year and they missed him badly when he was injured. He was a big help for DeMarco Murray, who was nowhere near as good when Fiammetta out of the line-up

Hard to see anyone keeping 2 full-backs i reckon. Fiammetta was really good for Cowgirls last year and they missed him badly when he was injured. He was a big help for DeMarco Murray, who was nowhere near as good when Fiammetta out of the line-up

Thing is though we had 6 backs on the Roster last season. Albeit Woodhead was down as a KR/PR and we had 1 FB on the roster but there was 6 total. The good thing about Larsen he is a good FB but can act as Power back if needs be. Be interesting to see what they do with the Backs and WR. Id say it will all depend on Camp and Preseason.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think a lot of us called this one.
    MIAMI — Out of work and not ready to retire, Chad Ochocinco found a job back in his hometown.
    The former Pro Bowl receiver signed with the Miami Dolphins on Monday, four days after being released by the New England Patriots.
    The signing came after Ochocinco had a tryout with the Dolphins, who are thin at the position and dropping a lot of passes in offseason drills. He's likely to join the team for this week's OTAs, which continue through Wednesday.
    "Congrats to Chad," tweeted his agent, Drew Rosenhaus. "It's nice to come home."
    The 34-year-old Ochocinco, a Miami native, made the Pro Bowl six times, most recently in 2009. He had only a minor role in his lone season with the Patriots, catching 15 passes for 276 yards.
    The Dolphins traded Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Marshall to the Chicago Bears in March for two third-round draft picks, and didn't draft a receiver until the sixth round. Following a practice Monday, coach Joe Philbin conceded there has been room for improvement in the pass-catching during offseason workouts.
    "You would like to have some players make it easy and distinguish themselves, maybe make the picture a little bit clearer," Philbin said. "We have to catch the ball more consistently at every position on offense, because it is not quite where it needs to be."
    Marshall's off-field issues wore on the Dolphins, and Ochocinco can be high-maintenance, too. His antics have sometimes annoyed his teammates and coaches, and his touchdown celebrations led to an NFL crackdown.
    In his career, Ochocinco has caught 766 passes for 11,059 yards and 67 touchdowns. All of the Dolphins' returning receivers have less than a dozen career TDs.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/43407/morning-take-will-ocho-haunt-patriots

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Ocho's a good guy though, and it gives Tannehill/whoever a decent option at their position of most need. Still beyond insane that they traded away Marshall, though.

Advertisement