Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ze4life

so is the s3 available in blue on meteor from cpw yet? i bought the white one 2 weeks ago and the camera wouldn't focus at all, id like to bring it back for a replacement but id like to have the blue instead, their customer care line are clueless

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Any one have a problem when charging the phone. I went asleep listening to music last night and had it hooked up to charge . When I woke up it had only charged to 50% but the power lead was still in. This has happened twice.

By the way is there any good cover to get? I want a are through silicon one. The screen feels too nice to put on a protector though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 troch

I have connected my S3 to 4 different wifi networks, and without fail, they stop working. They can connect to the network, but they cannot get an IP address. The S3 won't allow me to save a static IP either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

troch wrote: »
    I have connected my S3 to 4 different wifi networks, and without fail, they stop working. They can connect to the network, but they cannot get an IP address. The S3 won't allow me to save a static IP either.

When you're in the wifi config long press the network name and select modify config, then advanced. That should let you set static ip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Tip for anyone wanting better in call sound:

From diler keypad hit menu-call settings- additional settings- (it will load up) from there look for 'in-call sound' and 'Personalised EQ '

The 'Personalised EQ ' will give you a full hearing test! (you need good headphones!) and adjust the sound according to your needs!
    lol even shows you a graph of your results at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ze4life

ze4life wrote: »
    so is the s3 available in blue on meteor from cpw yet? i bought the white one 2 weeks ago and the camera wouldn't focus at all, id like to bring it back for a replacement but id like to have the blue instead, their customer care line are clueless

in reply to my own question, yes they have it in blue finally, but to my surprise when i got it it was locked to meteor! very unusual for cpw, atleast from my own experience with them. time to root it i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Still on battery issues.....

Got 17.5 hours from last full charge, with the screen on for 4.5 hours of that. Not great considering 8 hours of that was overnight with no use.

Anyhow, charging again as I type, but I found a setting that may have been contributing to the issue.

S voice was working in the background waiting for me to say a command to wake it up. Didn't realise it was set up that way. I turned it off and have it set to come on with a double home button tap only now.

Hopefully this will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'm with 3.

I have mobile data turned off in the notification centre toggles so I'm using wifi only for browsing at the moment.

I keep getting notices saying I've lost data roaming, even though I've disabled data roaming in the settings.

The data roaming you've disabled is international roaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

god's toy wrote: »
    Tip for anyone wanting better in call sound:

From diler keypad hit menu-call settings- additional settings- (it will load up) from there look for 'in-call sound' and 'Personalised EQ '

The 'Personalised EQ ' will give you a full hearing test! (you need good headphones!) and adjust the sound according to your needs!
    lol even shows you a graph of your results at the end.

Nice one! I just changed the "In-call sound EQ" from "Off" to "Clear sound". Much clearer now, it was a bit muffled before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Does anyone know of a good cover that will protect the entire phone including the screen.

I've been searching google but not joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Still on battery issues.....

Got 17.5 hours from last full charge, with the screen on for 4.5 hours of that. Not great considering 8 hours of that was overnight with no use.

Anyhow, charging again as I type, but I found a setting that may have been contributing to the issue.

S voice was working in the background waiting for me to say a command to wake it up. Didn't realise it was set up that way. I turned it off and have it set to come on with a double home button tap only now.

Hopefully this will help.

HOW DO I DO THIS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Delighted, best phone ever and easy to unlock, once rooted, mine was onlocked originally

Root.....
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1695238

Unlock.......CF-Root 6.3 - SuperSU+CWM5.5+CWMManager
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.projectvoodoo.simunlock&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsIm9yZy5wcm9qZWN0dm9vZG9vLnNpbXVubG9jayJd

Real easy, give a few days for the battery to cycle, I left it run down completely before charging first time, it lasts a day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Craigels wrote: »
    HOW DO I DO THIS

Open s voice, then open the settings menu. About half way down that menu, you'll see "wake up command", make sure that's turned off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I can't seem to receive multimedia messages, is this a problem with vodafone or the phone?

I just get a bubble message with the message size which is always 29KB, the expiry date and a download button which does nothing when clicked.

Are there any browsers that let you put the address bar on the bottom of the screen? Bit awkward stretching across the big screen to enter url or search when using single handed.

^ Nice, just rooted and unlocked the phone using that too. Haven't rooted a device before and it only took a few mins. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong with video calls? They won't go through and both me and other person have full 3g signal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Do both your networks support video calling?

I don't think O2 support video calls.
    Melion wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong with video calls? They won't go through and both me and other person have full 3g signal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Both with emobile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Maybe your phone setup or your account. I have the sg3 on vodafone and it works fine. Have you tried a different sms app (I use go sms)

MargeS wrote: »
    I can't seem to receive multimedia messages, is this a problem with vodafone or the phone?

I just get a bubble message with the message size which is always 29KB, the expiry date and a download button which does nothing when clicked.

I just asked Tony on the Eircom/eMobile forum this morning and he confirmed it cost the same as a standard call (25c/minute at the mo). So I'm taking it that video calling is supported alright.
    Melion wrote: »
    Both with emobile

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

has anyone any trouble when connecting to kies???

i keep getting a message saying my device is not supported

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

What actually is kies?? Totally new to the Samsung setup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Have you updated Kies to the latest version?

@Davie89 its a waste of time is what it is, but to be more accurate its kinda like itunes for sammy stuff.

* KIES is the worst piece of software ever developed. :mad: *

More details on what KIES can is supposed to do - Samsung KIES website
    Davie89 wrote: »
    What actually is kies?? Totally new to the Samsung setup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Oh don't bring up Kies, it just makes everyone angry:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Try Airdroid instead.

Advertisement