Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S III to be released in April 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

Picked mine up today. Currently have it charging and hope to get a chance to play around with it later

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I was told that the blue one won't be available for a month, anyone hear any different?

I was told today they didn't have the blue one and they expected it to be at least 3 weeks.

If I use the *# code to check locks, it looks like mine is network locked :(

Other than that it's looking good so far. Got my dropbox storage :)

Now to look for apps, anyone have any recommendations for a good SIP (VoIP) client and an SSH client (and server??)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

matrim wrote: »
    If I use the *# code to check locks, it looks like mine is network locked :(

Tried this, says Connection problem or invalid MMI code, what does this mean?

Try....
    *#7465625# View Phone Lock Status

Mine's meteor unlocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Any one get the second ota update yet on any network ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

how do u know if u got it? i ran an update there a few days ago alright, just said various bugfixes or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kenyard

battery life is interesting.. im finding with data constantly on, im getting around a day and a half. which of course means at the minute i have to charge nightly anyways.
    im guessing once i settle down a bit on usage i should get 2 days from it.
    anyone know what the powersaving option in settings actually does? i have it enabled since yesterday and have noticed no changes to the phone when running games, apps etc..
    though it says it limits cpu etc...

kenyard wrote: »
    how do u know if u got it? i ran an update there a few days ago alright, just said various bugfixes or something.
    I got one too th other day,, but reading online that there has Been two released! I'm hoping the second will sort out the home screen re draw I'm getting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Am I the only one still waiting for the first one?

(on three btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭DarkBlonde

god's toy wrote: »
    Am I the only one still waiting for the first one?

(on three btw)

I'm still waiting for it. Also on three.

• Advertisement

What's the version number of the update(s)?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Still waiting for any update - eMobile

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Haven't got the update either. Release day Three - was never network locked.

Still waiting for any update - eMobile

I got one last week on emobile. Did you try searching for it manually on the software update option in settings??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Anyone find a good slim cover/case for the SIII they'd recommend?

Also is there any point using a screen protector on top of the gorilla glass?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

J o e wrote: »

I got a gel cover that was recommended earlier in the thread and also got a leather cover recently, both are good.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/200772025832?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/290720955624?ssPageName=STRK:null:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1542.l2649

(I got the "Fuller" case as i feel the phone needs that extra protection.

I would use a screen protector, I've seen here and elsewhere that the glass does scratch and does need some protection.
    Gorilla glass is more of a marketing fad than any type of scratch resistant glass from what I have seen.

J o e wrote: »

Bought two gel covers on ebay last week.

They should be here in the next few days, will report back when they come!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Skerries wrote: »
    I was told that the blue one won't be available for a month, anyone hear any different?

I got one. They are rare and you have to be the next lucky person to walk in and ask after the shop got a shipment. Tell your local shop you want one and to phone you as soon as one comes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

eMobile have the blue in-stock on their website at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 rmoyles

Any in shops in galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

rmoyles wrote: »
    Any in shops in galway

Go in and ask. If they don't ask to be phoned as soon as they have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mur1

i got a blue one in the post today from o2 even though i ordered a black one. Not bothered about it although i am annoyed they sent me a regular sim as I'm changing from Vodafone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

Mur1 wrote: »
    i got a blue one in the post today from o2 even though i ordered a black one. Not bothered about it although i am annoyed they sent me a regular sim as I'm changing from Vodafone!

Well the fact that there is NO black one is probably why that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

I would be surprised if you got a black one considering there is no black galaxy s3, just white and blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mur1

Thor wrote: »
    I would be surprised if you got a black one considering there is no black galaxy s3, just white and blue.

I'm some Muppet:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭fionny

I'm some Muppet:confused:

To be fair the Blue one looks like a Dark Grey in most pictures imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

OK so last night I turned off wifi/mobile data and left the phone on as normal and the drain certainly wasn't as bad as leaving the wifi on.

However there was a total of about 50mins wakelock showing up in BBS for connectivityService which I still don't understand what it means.

Could there be apps/programs running on the phone that cause wakelock without needing wifi/mobile data? If so then how can I find out about these apps running?

Well I don't think cell standby is a problem for me. I did a little experiment this morning.

Battery was 100% charged, so I unplugged it, turned off wifi and mobile data and let it rest for 3 hours.

Came back and saw that zero drain had occurred and that the battery was still at 99%(which it goes to straight away when you take off charge as you know).

I also had zero wakelocks as the phone was in a true deep sleep.

So I'm still in the position of trying to locate the cause of my wakelocks when either wifi or mobile data is on!

Could these wakelocks be from the wifi/mobile data just searching for a signal? I've tried to weed out any possible apps causing wakelocks when the internet is on but still cannot find the problem.

I've used autostarts to disable lots of stuff from defaulting during certain activities and this has helped my battery for sure.

kippy wrote: »
    I got a gel cover that was recommended earlier in the thread and also got a leather cover recently, both are good.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/200772025832?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/290720955624?ssPageName=STRK:null:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1542.l2649

(I got the "Fuller" case as i feel the phone needs that extra protection.

I would use a screen protector, I've seen here and elsewhere that the glass does scratch and does need some protection.
    Gorilla glass is more of a marketing fad than any type of scratch resistant glass from what I have seen.

Whats the leather one like? It looks quite nice? Does it fit okay?

I got a gel one in the post today. It does not fit right at all. Avoid. The seller is Flaaskmart_uk on ebay.ie. Sending it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Getting an update in the play store 'samsung WDH dongle upgrade'

Wha? Just me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

god's toy wrote: »
    Getting an update in the play store 'samsung WDH dongle upgrade'

Wha? Just me?

It's for the allcast share.

Advertisement