Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Secure watch battery fault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Will do ,anyway got the engineering code from him. Once again many thanks

Hope you kept the engineer code.
    Always handy to have ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Hi guys,

Another with a battery fault on this alarm. Anyone got any suggestions on where I can pick up a replacement in Dublin ? And is it a simple matter of just unpinning/unclipping the existing one and a straight swap in and out ?

Couldn't work out the engineers code from the last time I had to add additional sensors but I understand there's no need for it anyway.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Another with a battery fault on this alarm. Anyone got any suggestions on where I can pick up a replacement in Dublin ? And is it a simple matter of just unpinning/unclipping the existing one and a straight swap in and out ?

Couldn't work out the engineers code from the last time I had to add additional sensors but I understand there's no need for it anyway.

Here is a link to the suppliers list. The battery you need is a 12V 7Amp.

You should not need the engineer code to change the battery.
    Turn off the mains, open the control lid and replace the battery as you have explained. When the alarm goes off your user code will silence.

Cheers. With no battery and no mains will the alarm not factory reset?

Cheers. With no battery and no mains will the alarm not factory reset?

Once the JP link is in place it should not default.
    This is located in the center of the board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Huggydaddybear

Hi - I think I need to replace the battery on the HKC Securewatch system in a flat I have bought - if one of the kind souls here would PM me the manual referred to in the chain above I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

HDB

Hi - I think I need to replace the battery on the HKC Securewatch system in a flat I have bought - if one of the kind souls here would PM me the manual referred to in the chain above I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

HDB

Sent you that by P.M.
    The battery you need is a 12V 7Amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Huggydaddybear

Cheers!

Cheers!

No problem :)

Turn off the mains, open the control lid and replace the battery.
    When the alarm goes off your user code will silence it from activating.

altor wrote: »
    Here is a link to the suppliers list. The battery you need is a 12V 7Amp.

You should not need the engineer code to change the battery.
    Turn off the mains, open the control lid and replace the battery as you have explained. When the alarm goes off your user code will silence.

Just when I went to organise a new one my wife came home yesterday with one she got from a maintenance manager she works with.

Anyway, the one that was in there was replaced a couple of years ago by the alarm company and its smaller in dimensions and capacity, it's a 12V 2.8Ah battery.

Am I all right with the12V 7.2Amp one and the engineer skimped on the replacement that time, or is it much of a muchness?

• Advertisement

Just when I went to organise a new one my wife came home yesterday with one she got from a maintenance manager she works with.

Anyway, the one that was in there was replaced a couple of years ago by the alarm company and its smaller in dimensions and capacity, it's a 12V 2.8Ah battery.

Am I all right with the12V 7.2Amp one and the engineer skimped on the replacement that time, or is it much of a muchness?

The 2 batteries are 12V which is what the alarm is looking for.
    The difference is the 7Amp one lasts longer in the event of a power outage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eryter

Hi,

would someone be so kind to send me the securewatch engineering manual in PM?

I am new to it and want to understand how it works, and I am also getting a "Ext. Tamper Bell" message which I dont understand!

Thanks in advance!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have PMed you the manual.
    It could be the external bell lid not closed fully or a connection on the bell connection & cable.
    The fault can be bypassed by wiring a 4k7 resistor across bell hold off & tamper return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

KoolKid wrote: »
    It could be the external bell lid not closed fully or a connection on the bell connection & cable.
    The fault can be bypassed by wiring a 4k7 resistor across bell hold off & tamper return.
    Hi koolkid, I would be very grateful if you could pm me the manual too please?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have PMed you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

Hi guys could someone PM me the installation/engineers manual for the secure watch?

My folks alarm has a battery fault light on the keypad and they got quoted €145 to fit a new battery.

Tks

Antiquo wrote: »
    Hi guys could someone PM me the installation/engineers manual for the secure watch?

My folks alarm has a battery fault light on the keypad and they got quoted €145 to fit a new battery.

Tks

Sent you that by P.M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carbonodublin

Sorry guys would any of you be able to send me the manual as well, I want to try to replace the battery myself. Cheers

I have PMed you that manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kevbhoyo

Hi there Altor,

have seen your informative posts - great!

I'm upgrading my alarm and (I did it last time but there's a few cobwebs...)

Any chance you could share a wiring diagram for a PIR to a HKC Securewatch 8/12 panel and on how to connect 3 slimline (with reed) sensors in series for 3 windows, and then a single slimline (with reed) for a door?

thanks

Kevin

• Advertisement

I don't have much to hand at the moment as I am mobile.
    This shows the basics of duel wiring.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6sJTuagSI_iOWRhODkwM2MtZjY3Ny00MjQ0LTgwOGMtYmNhZWY5NGNhNjQ4/view?usp=docslist_api

For multiple devices series in the tamper and zone and use a spare core to extend the parallel resistor across all zone contacts on all devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MichelleIE

Hi,
    I am getting the battery panel fault for a few days now, last night the alarm went off at 4:30am, could the battery have caused this?
    I am going to change the battery today, if the system resets is it possible to reprogram a text dialler yourself?
    Can someone please pm me the manual?
    Appreciate it.

I will PM you the manual.
    What displayed after you disarmed the alarm this morning? It may be related to the battery.
    Do you have the engineer code to reprogramme the text dialler?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mouse23

Hi could someone be so kind as to forward me the manual,thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Islander1

Hi there, there is a battery fault displaying on my HKC security watch house alarm. I am being told it will cost €150 to replace it and I would prefer to try it myself first and save some money over the x mass. If the engineers manual was available could some please pm it onto me ? Thanks in advance if you can. Cheers. John. ( I will upload a photo with the fault light in case it's some else you can tell me ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Islander1

KoolKid wrote: »

Hi KoolKid
    Just posted on the string there, there is a green light on all the time beside the print "fault" it not blinking or any thing. I would like to try fix it myself but only have the user manual. I hope you could pass on the engineers manual, maybe I could trouble shoot it from that ?
    Much Obliged
    John.

PMed you that manual

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

Koolkid could you please pm me the manual.
    Also anyone have any idea what would cause the complete htc panel to have no power

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Hi All,

I, too, am getting the Battery fault message on the alarm panel for the last couple of days. €150-€300 seems a bit steep to have someone come out to do what should be a simple job so I was going to try and tackle it myself.

Before I do, I was just wondering if the following batteries were the correct ones? (Amazon link), just for reference.

Also, I have seen in this thread that some had issues that all their zone configurations and alarm codes were reset. Would it be possible to get a copy of the engineer manual in the event that I have to reprogram the alarm?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Just to add my experience to this thread.

We moved into a house back in October with a HKC SecureWatch alarm system.

One day I noticed the battery fault light was lit on the panel. With tonnes of big and mini projects to get through I said I'd get around to it eventually.

Christmas rolls around and on the night of the 30th I go out for a few drinks with friends. 4 am the alarm (which wasn't armed) starts sounding. Half drunk I run downstairs and try to put in the alarm code but just get the message "comms failure" or something like that so the alarm keep blaring. So I then had to fumble around the house to find my toolkit and climb up to the alarm box to pull the fuse. The alarm box was piping hot to the touch. Got it open anyway and disconnected the battery also while I was at it. It was the transformer that was generating most of the heat.

Next day I had a proper look and the metal interior had blackened around the transformer which I took out and tested at work. It blew up when I put mains into it again. So I replaced the transformer, with a 20V output one (I expect it was a 24V originally but didn't have a spare lying around maybe someone could confirm the correct voltage though) and a 12V 6Ah battery replaced the 7Ah battery. I also had to replace the fuse which only blew when I reconnected the mains the following day.

Hearing the prices quoted for a battery replacement I'm glad I went the DIY route with the battery and the transformer.

Don't leave the battery fault run unchecked for too long.

PS: What's the easiest way to fix the date?

Advertisement