Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Secure watch battery fault

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Keith186 wrote: »
    Cheers altor, will have a read of manual later and give it a shot tomorrow hopefully if I get some time. Installer wrote the zones on the back of the panel so will try set up same ones that were there.

How long would it roughly take for a novice?

If the basics is all you are setting up then it will not be a big job.
    Knowing the zone list half's your work tho :)
    The manual will help but if you have any questions just ask.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would also check that the factory link lk1 is in place and enable engineer lock to prevent any accidental default of the system again in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Keith186

Is the factory link lk1 an actual wire in the panel? And then enable engineer lock on the keypad I take it.

Also, is the gist of programming it to just set the front door as an e/e zone and label all zones?

Should I change the engineer default code? I.e. can a burglar disable the alarm with this code?

On the list of zones, one of them has (tamp phones) written beside it. Would this be relevant to what I need to do?

Sorry for all the questions!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Is the factory link lk1 an actual wire in the panel? And then enable engineer lock on the keypad I take it.

Also, is the gist of programming it to just set the front door as an e/e zone and label all zones?

Should I change the engineer default code? I.e. can a burglar disable the alarm with this code?

On the list of zones, one of them has (tamp phones) written beside it. Would this be relevant to what I need to do?

The LK1 link is a small plastic link on 2 pins on the main PCB board. The manual will show the exact location of it.
    You need to programme zone types, attributes for access , part guard etc & descriptions etc.
    I would recommend changing the engineer code , a lot of things can be disabled using it. But it will not disarm an armed alarm.
    The tamp phones zone should be programmed as tamper. This will activate whether the alarm is set or not.

Went to start this now. Default engineer code does nothing.

Left sitting room window open and input user code and it displayed the correct zone label about sitting room being open.

My user code definitely changed to 1111 so is this a soft reset of sorts?

Just need to change user code I guess?

• Advertisement

It is possible. I have seen some strange things like that with panels over the years.

It should be marked JP1, if you dont have the link then you can twist a piece of cable around the pins. I would also engineer lock the system as if it was to happen again you will lose all programmed data.

Went to start this now. Default engineer code does nothing.

Left sitting room window open and input user code and it displayed the correct zone label about sitting room being open.

My user code definitely changed to 1111 so is this a soft reset of sorts?

Just need to change user code I guess?

I would try default and set back up the system. Something defo not right on your system.
    The older Securewatch does not have the option to just default codes only.

Couldn't do anything with it this evening as had to keep power on.
    There's a SW610 label inside the panel so it's a fairly old one alright.
    Not sure when I'll be able to get a good luck at it but no rush just yet.

JP1 is connected to a little box on top right of panel.

There's a JP2 (no connection) with Factory Setting or something similar wrote beside it. How would I default the system to set it up again?

Also, I don't think I seen in the eng or user manual how to set user code.

• Advertisement

To default power the system down completely and remove the factory default link and power up. You will need be prompted to default if the panel is not engineer locked.

JP1 is connected to a little box on top right of panel.

There's a JP2 (no connection) with Factory Setting or something similar wrote beside it. How would I default the system to set it up again?

Also, I don't think I seen in the eng or user manual how to set user code.

If JP1 is for the power in the top right you have a 6/10 installed.
    JP2 will be the link you need to remove to try the default.

altor wrote: »
    If JP1 is for the power in the top right you have a 6/10 installed.
    JP2 will be the link you need to remove to try the default.

It's a 6/10 alright. JP2 has no cable on it. How do I reset it so? It didn't fully revert to default mode when I powered down completely last time to change the battery. Cheers.

To default power the system down completely and remove the factory default link. Power up with the link still removed. If the system is not engineer locked you will be prompted to default at the keypad.
    After its defaulted then replace the link.

But if it has no cable on it currently what do I remove?
    There is a loose yellow cable in there with a connector which I think would fit it, would connecting it, powering up, powering down, disconnecting and then powering up do anything?

The default link is not a cable, its just a plastic link over 2 pins. Take that off & proceed as above.

It's a 6/10 alright. JP2 has no cable on it. How do I reset it so? It didn't fully revert to default mode when I powered down completely last time to change the battery. Cheers.
    But if it has no cable on it currently what do I remove?
    There is a loose yellow cable in there with a connector which I think would fit it, would connecting it, powering up, powering down, disconnecting and then powering up do anything?

Leave the yellow wire in place and turn off the mains in the house.
    You should be doing this either way as there is live mains inside the control panel.
    The JP2 has a plastic link over it, red on the older panels.
    Remove this link, disconnect the battery then reconnect the back up on the battery.
    If the system is not engineer locked you will be prompted to default on the keypad. If it is you will need an engineer to default the system for you.

Default user code is 1111
    Default engineer is 4567

Thanks lads. Not there now but will try tomorrow. If it is engineer locked do I need original engineer?

Thanks lads. Not there now but will try tomorrow. If it is engineer locked do I need original engineer?

If it is engineer locked you will either need the original engineer code or the system defaulted and set back up.

If it is engineer locked do I need original engineer?

You don't need the original engineer. Any good engineer would be able to reset & reprogramme the system for you.

• Advertisement

Right its definitely engineer locked so I guess that means someone has to come out with a laptop to reset it. Will send a couple PM's to see if anyone close.

Its an easy enough job. Beware of anyone saying it cant be done.;)

Right its definitely engineer locked so I guess that means someone has to come out with a laptop to reset it. Will send a couple PM's to see if anyone close.

No need for a laptop to default from engineer lock.
    Simple job to do on a 6/10 also.

Thanks for the update Keith
    Glad the codes helped. Any bother give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tony Hopkins

I had an HKC SecureWatch home security system installed 4 years ago and serviced 2 years ago. I had an RF low battery showing on my keypad
    last week with fault showing on the keypad. Contacted the installer who said he would call, but never did. I changed the battery in the control
    box which did not solve the problem I then changed the batteries in the motion sensors and the problem was solved , no fault showing on the keypad or no RF low battery showing. the supplier of the batteries told me that I will need to get the engineers code to reset the system. As the installer is not responding to me what should I do ?

You shouldn't need the engineer code to reset it. Does the alarm set now that the battery's have been replaced?

Hi KoolKid,
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you as I had a problem getting back into the site. Through reading your previous solutions which were very informative and enabled me locate where the batteries were and change them. The Alarm did set after changing the batteries . the problem I then had was that the keypad was showing a date back in 2012. To access the keypad and change the date I needed the Engineers code and as luck would have it the installer called late this afternoon inserted the Engineers code and and adjusted the date. We are now up and running and thanks to you I know a lot more than i did before about the Security system

You should have got him to add the correct attributes to your code. The user code should have the rights to change the time & date.

Will do ,anyway got the engineering code from him. Once again many thanks

• Advertisement

Your well sorted so.:)

Advertisement