Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2012

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

Disaster if he got it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Aidric wrote: »
    No thanks. A spoofer who has been found out.
    Wilbert13 wrote: »
    Disaster if he got it

Are ye for real?

A manager with Premiership experience isn't good enough for the mighty Limerick F.C. Who do you think we are, Barcelona?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Aidric wrote: »
    No thanks. A spoofer who has been found out.
    Wilbert13 wrote: »
    Disaster if he got it

How so? I haven't been really following his career so interested to know why ye have this opinion of him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

I think that would be a good choice. Do Limerick FC have a lot of cash ?

liammur wrote: »
    I think that would be a good choice. Do Limerick FC have a lot of cash ?

Money there alright but it has been mentioned that big money won't be spent.

I'm sure they have a budget for a manager. If Phil Brown or whoever applies and aren't happy with the wages i'm sure they will rule themselves out or the club will rule them out. I'm sure anyone that has applied though has a good idea what the wage would be.

I don't think the wages would be as high as people think. Most managers outside the premier in England would be on modest wages and any that are applying for jobs in Ireland would surely know the wages are going to be lower than that again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Jofspring wrote: »
    Money there alright but it has been mentioned that big money won't be spent.

I'm sure they have a budget for a manager. If Phil Brown or whoever applies and aren't happy with the wages i'm sure they will rule themselves out or the club will rule them out. I'm sure anyone that has applied though has a good idea what the wage would be.

I don't think the wages would be as high as people think. Most managers outside the premier in England would be on modest wages and any that are applying for jobs in Ireland would surely know the wages are going to be lower than that again.

I agree the wages would be modest, the only reason I could see Brown go for this is to try and gain a bit of success and use it as a stepping stone.

liammur wrote: »
    I agree the wages would be modest, the only reason I could see Brown go for this is to try and gain a bit of success and use it as a stepping stone.

Ya most managers from England would look at what Michael O Neill has done and want to do similar. Baraclough has a better reputation now, Allardyce, Fenlon to name a few that have come over to manage for a while.

It would look better on a CV to do well with a premier team in Ireland than do average to poor with a league one or two team in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,552 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya most managers from England would look at what Michael O Neill has done and want to do similar. Baraclough has a better reputation now, Allardyce, Fenlon to name a few that have come over to manage for a while.

It would look better on a CV to do well with a premier team in Ireland than do average to poor with a league one or two team in England.

Fenlon?? He surely doesn't belong in that group. After time at Chelsea as a youth, he played and managed his entire career in Ireland (on the island anyway) until going to Hibs.

I agree that managers might think Ireland is a good place to put something positive on a CV, but the image of LOI football outside Ireland (and even inside Ireland) seems to be that of binmen and butchers kicking it about on a farmer's field, so I'm not sure how seriously it is taken by clubs in England, for example. I'd say that most English clubs only take note of good achievements in Europe.

Ya true. Fenlon is more an example of someone building his managerial reputation and knowledge up in Ireland before move across the water rather than coming from England.

With the amount of players going to England and being successful now I don't think the clubs over are looking down on the league as much as they used to. If anything a lot of them are looking to pick up a gem on the cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

I think I will set up a tanning booth in Limerick if Phil Brown gets the gig. 24/7 Customer!!!!

• Advertisement

Graham Alexander got the fleetwood town job and from what I hear Brown wants too much money so he is out also.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭sheff the ref

Damien Richardsons name is mentioned. Would be a decent option, has won silverware in the past and knows the league better than any of the Phil Browns or Peter Taylors. In fairness Phil Brown was a Premiership Manager 3 years ago and most probably on the wages of a Premier League manager. Its unlikely that Limerick FC would ever have been able to compete with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

MOD POST: THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED. ALL 2013 POSTS FROM THIS THREAD HAVE BEEN MOVED TO THE NEW LIMERICK FC 2013 THREAD.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056836495

THE ABOVE LINK IS TO THE NEW THREAD.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement