Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2012

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Longford 1-2 SD Galway...66 minutes gone

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Longford 1-2 SD Galway...66 minutes gone
    Harps 1-2 Waterford. Longford game not really important.

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Harps 1-2 Waterford. Longford game not really important.

Well they are mathematically out of it now, also an indicator of the level of their collapse.

We'll win up there next weekend and win the league...

Mon le Super Blues

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Going to be a serious trip up to Longford next week. Two buses already on to go, a 16 seater and 50 seater plus the driving up support. We could be looking at winning the league and a pitch invasion next Saturday. It's all set up to be a cracking night in Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭redron74

I thought we played well on friday. We created a quite a few really good chances, and on another day we would have scored a few of them. Cian Collins was unlucky on two occasions in particular.
    This was a big improvement on many matches against defensive teams, where we dominated possession but allowed most of our attacks to break down at the edge of the box. Our attacks on friday were more incisive.
    Having said that, we had a few hairy moments at the back (and one in particular that Athlone should definitely have scored from) mostly of our own making.
    I'm looking forward to saturday's trip to Flancare Park. Hopefully the celebrations will start then.

• Advertisement

Have heard another bus heading up now + possibly a Limerick FC Academy Family bus also so that makes it 4 buses.

Longford despite doing pretty well this season have had poor attendance's. We may outnumber them on Saturday night.

Adding the buses together alone you are only talking around 90-100 people heading up so unless there is a lot driving we are looking at probably around 120-150 max.

A Report of last weeks game vs Athlone Town http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/18226/2/

Jofspring wrote: »
    Have heard another bus heading up now + possibly a Limerick FC Academy Family bus also so that makes it 4 buses.

Longford despite doing pretty well this season have had poor attendance's. We may outnumber them on Saturday night.

Adding the buses together alone you are only talking around 90-100 people heading up so unless there is a lot driving we are looking at probably around 120-150 max.

A Report of last weeks game vs Athlone Town http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/18226/2/

Well I'm in a car with 5 heading up Saturday, and i reckon there'll be a lot of full cars heading up.

A lot of people weary of buses after Monaghan last year(But we won't get into that) also from what I've head quite a few of the buses are leaving quiet early, so not ideal for those of us who are working on Saturday.

Well I'm in a car with 5 heading up Saturday, and i reckon there'll be a lot of full cars heading up.

A lot of people weary of buses after Monaghan last year(But we won't get into that) also from what I've head quite a few of the buses are leaving quiet early, so not ideal for those of us who are working on Saturday.

Ya I usually drive myself due to buses leaving during working hours. The fact its a Saturday though and a once off a group of us over behind the dugouts decided we'd get a small bus up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭banjobongo

what are the various outcomes - if we win the next match is that it, we will get promoted, if we dont win the next match, are we in a position where we have to win the next match/last match to get promotion?

banjobongo wrote: »
    what are the various outcomes - if we win the next match is that it, we will get promoted, if we dont win the next match, are we in a position where we have to win the next match/last match to get promotion?

If we win the match then no matter what happens in the Waterford game we can't be caught. If Waterford win and we draw or lose then it is down to the final night with us playing Wexford Youths at home and Waterford away to Athlone Town.

• Advertisement

thanks Jofspring, so tis all to play for....hopefully we will do the business this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Who fancies a loss tonight ???? would make for a great game and attendance next week !!!!

Who fancies a loss tonight ???? would make for a great game and attendance next week !!!!

Match is tomorrow. I wouldn't fancy a loss, our record at home in big games is ten times worse then our away record in big games.

Hopefully we can get all three tomorrow and finish this league off.

Live commentary on live95fm.

Mentioned this morning it's up to 5 buses going.

If we win the league tomorrow bight it will be next Friday we lift the trophy anyway so hopefully a big crowd would come out for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭redron74

Match is tomorrow.

If we win the league tomorrow bight it will be next Friday we lift the trophy anyway so hopefully a big crowd would come out for that.

Next week, our match will be on the saturday kicking off at 7:45pm, the same time as all the other First Division fixtures that weekend.

redron74 wrote: »
    Match is tomorrow.

Next week, our match will be on the saturday kicking off at 7:45pm, the same time as all the other First Division fixtures that weekend.

Forgot that. Would be clashing with the international match otherwise too.

I will be missing the match tomorrow but next Friday I will be at the Ireland vs Germany match and will be back home in Limerick for Limerick FCs last match of the year, hopefully to see Limerick win the league!
    I dont expect Ireland will beat Germany, but I do expect Limerick to do the business and top the league!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Looking forward to this one. Should be the biggest away support in years. 3-1 to the blues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Match is tomorrow. I wouldn't fancy a loss, our record at home in big games is ten times worse then our away record in big games.

Hopefully we can get all three tomorrow and finish this league off.

Live commentary on live95fm.

Mentioned this morning it's up to 5 buses going.

Excellent the amount of support going, gutted I can't make it but thanks for letting me know its on Live 95fm - will be tuning it. Come hail or shine I'll be at Jackman Park next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Excellent the amount of support going, gutted I can't make it but thanks for letting me know its on Live 95fm - will be tuning it. Come hail or shine I'll be at Jackman Park next week.

Big crowd next week I'd say, will Jackman be able to cope.
    Good luck to the lads tomorrow night.

0-0 Waterford and Mervue at H/T

EDIT: 0-1 MERVUE :D

• Advertisement

Waterford 1-1 Mervue

Waterford down to 10 before they equalised - 10mins to go

Waterford 1-2 Mervue

Alan Murphy with the goal...

As things stand Limerick are champions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

2-1 Mervue!!!!! Limerick Promoted!!!!!! (Unless Waterford equalise in the dying seconds)

It's official - back in the big time of Irish football

carlton_happy.gif

Thank you Mervue for ruining our big day out tomorrow...

Limerick are promoted as champions...

First time in 19 years we'll be in the premier...

Mon you Super Blues

Get in!!!!

Let the party begin tomorrow in Longford!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

unbelievable that we're up, if delaney can stay out of it and the markets field gets sorted could be the start of good times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭liammur

Not really a follower of Limerick FC, but congrats are in order. Must make it my business to go to games next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,725 ✭✭✭✭phog

Passive follower, been to Jackman Park a few times over the last few years but delighted for the team. Big step up though and I hope they can stay up for a couple of years so that they can get chance of building on it and maybe even targeting winning the Premier League.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement