Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick FC 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nm75

What a crock of sh#t. & this was touted as being a good news story by some journo on twitter last night was it?
    Any move anywhere other than the markets field will kill the feelgood buzz of being back in the premier quick enough.The thought of playing home games in a big empty stadium doesn't appeal to me, i'd rather they teamed up with the LDMC to see how they could temporarily improve Jackman to get the license.

Jofspring would you be able to post the article?
    What did it say regrading the hold up with the markets field?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Prem league football in a shiny big stadium while work gets started on the Markets Field > No licence/Jackman

Fairly fcuking simple for any real fan id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Our Brian

Pat Scully gone, have the club anyone in mind to replace him ?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Our Brian wrote: »
    Pat Scully gone, have the club anyone in mind to replace him ?

Yeah??? Did he quit or was he sacked?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

DBIreland wrote: »
    Yeah??? Did he quit or was he sacked?

95fm are going with the sensation "sacked" headline, but it seems they don't have much more info than we do so far. http://www.live95fm.ie/News-Sport/Article/?ItemID=196

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Have heard it was mutual. I see it mentioned that Athlone have signed his son so don't be surprised if he is athlones new manager by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cathal O Grada

fcuk.It's a bit of stability they need going into the premier.Waiting to hear what the problem was.Really didn't expect to hear Pat being sacked. In relation to Thomond Park, I couldn't agree more with earlier post about playing in a big empty stadium.Not cool.

fcuk.It's a bit of stability they need going into the premier.Waiting to hear what the problem was.Really didn't expect to hear Pat being sacked. In relation to Thomond Park, I couldn't agree more with earlier post about playing in a big empty stadium.Not cool.

I'll give Scully the respect he deserves for getting us up but tactically over the last 4 seasons he has been a disaster. Our record against the top teams is nothing short of disgraceful. In 4 years we won about 4 out of 20 matches against top team or rivals for the league. We also scrapped the division last season in the worst division I have ever seen.

Playing 5 in defence at home in a top of the table clash, a 18 year old centre mid at left full, a right full on the wing with two wingers on the bench, dropping players for the sake of it, falling out with players etc...etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Jofspring wrote: »
    I'll give Scully the respect he deserves for getting us up but tactically over the last 4 seasons he has been a disaster. Our record against the top teams is nothing short of disgraceful. In 4 years we won about 4 out of 20 matches against top team or rivals for the league. We also scrapped the division last season in the worst division I have ever seen.

Playing 5 in defence at home in a top of the table clash, a 18 year old centre mid at left full, a right full on the wing with two wingers on the bench, dropping players for the sake of it, falling out with players etc...etc....

Agreed. We've played better football under managers that had less resources than Scully had. I'll give the man his dues, but if we play the way we did this season, next season, we'd be right back down.

The First Division is poor but the Premier League has some more than decent teams there - Sligo, Shamrock Rovers, Derry, St.Pat's, Bohs - bit better than Waterford United who we couldn't get near beating.

Cant see us progressing in the prem with Scully so not too worried, that said he deserved a crack at it and prove us wrong. Parting was mutual so what can you do? surprised with the 'sacked' headlines, money is being kept under control next year, Scully had a blank cheque up to now so I wonder if this was his issue?

• Advertisement

I couldn't agree more with earlier post about playing in a big empty stadium.Not cool.

Not ideal at all but its better than playing in an empty Jackman v Salthill in the 1st Div again.

Be grand, soccer & rugby resession busting double headers coming soon! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Playing at Thomond might entice more along - presume they won't open up the seated areas though, will just be the standing parts.

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Playing at Thomond might entice more along - presume they won't open up the seated areas though, will just be the standing parts.

By premier license rules you have to have seats available so I would think one stand will have to be opened. For AIL Rugby games its usually on stand and terrace or maybe one stand and two terraces.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

So Roddy wants the job not the worst of options out there, anyone hear if their is a shortlist in mind?

kilburn wrote: »
    So Roddy wants the job not the worst of options out there, anyone hear if their is a shortlist in mind?

No short list yet anyway.

The following managers have been rumoured so far:

Stephen Kenny (probably taking over Dundalk tomorrow)
    Roddy Collins
    Johnny McDonnell
    Peter Taylor
    Jason McAteer
    Brian Kerr

Other possibilities although unlikely:

Damien Richardson
    Kenny Cunningham
    Pat Dolan
    Pete Mahon

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Who are ye tippin to get the job.?
    Have to say im didsapointed with the move not to the markets field but it does make sense to share thomand park although some of the games may clash on a friday night, Hopefully theirs sum really cheap double header deals coming along

limerickfc wrote: »
    Who are ye tippin to get the job.?
    Have to say im didsapointed with the move not to the markets field but it does make sense to share thomand park although some of the games may clash on a friday night, Hopefully theirs sum really cheap double header deals coming along

To be honest I wouldn't have anyone in particular in mind at the moment. If there was a short list of managers it would be easier to pick one out.

Pete Mahon would be a quality manager for us but doesn't want a job outside Dublin.

Damien Richardson would also be a good manager but has other things on at the moment and has already turned down offers.

Kenny Cunningham seems to have a great knowledge of the game, the technical side of it and Irish players but the club want someone experienced.

Brian Kerr would be an excellent manager also with the experience he has but I would think he is out of our reach.

Roddy can be taken off the list, he's the new Athlone Town manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Roddy can be taken off the list, he's the new Athlone Town manager.

Good!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thank god!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone see the bit in the leader about Taylor and ferdinand, both unreal appointments if successful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Apparently Scully is a Dublin Taxi now...according to Wiki
    He was Player of the Year at Southend, Huddersfield and at Shelbourne. Pat Scully has now moved into driving taxi cabs around Dublin town since hanging up his managerial boots.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Scully

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

Peter Taylor not confirmed as manager

Obviously I heard it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Peter taylor for me hands down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Wilbert13 wrote: »
    Peter Taylor confirmed as manager

Source...Link?

Just heard it on Today FM sports news bulletin

Source...Link?

Sorry about that...obviously misheard, have been looking for source all afternoon

Interviews only starting soon and an appointment expected by mid December.

Scully has been a taxi driver in Dublin for a while now and lives in Naas as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

No thanks. A spoofer who has been found out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement