Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 28 at CAPTAIN'S GRAFTON ST/TALLAGHT! **THANK YOU LEGGO**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

LOLTallaght. Might aswell be in the Kony run country of Uganda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

LOLTallaght. Might aswell be in the Kony run country of Uganda.

Or Mayo..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I know nothing about the Tallaght thing. Neither did Grafton St when I asked them about it earlier, they run events separately to each other. Seems a bit thrown together after seeing the interest here tbh, they were even kind enough to copy & paste my press release without asking permission. But I expected copycat events to pop up from the get-go (though maybe not copy and paste events exactly :D) so no worries. Good luck to 'em, I guess!

Some excellent wrestling drink names to be fair to the créatúreens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Whats the grub like in CA?

• Advertisement

CMpunked wrote: »
    Whats the grub like in CA?

The finger food is unreal, they've some good platters and so on. Used to love my weekly platters when I worked in Blanch. Nice deserts too, perfect kinda grub for events like this. Their mains are typical American-style, healthy portions and so on. Think they've a full menu on their Irish website.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So Wats going on with this talla business now ? Is it confirmed or ? Will it affect anything in Grafton street ? To be honest I don't like captain Americas in talla and I no of to many people who go to it who I no longer get on with. Hearing that there doing it in talla now as well though will that confuse things in anyway for people wanting to go with original set up in Grafton street ? For example will u have to buy tickets in talla to watch it there and tickets in Grafton street to watch it there ??

One more thing I just taught bout does talla even have a late license to open those hours ?? It's residential area has to closed at certain time.

So Wats going on with this talla business now ? Is it confirmed or ? Will it affect anything in Grafton street ? To be honest I don't like captain Americas in talla and I no of to many people who go to it who I no longer get on with. Hearing that there doing it in talla now as well though will that confuse things in anyway for people wanting to go with original set up in Grafton street ? For example will u have to buy tickets in talla to watch it there and tickets in Grafton street to watch it there ??

Will hopefully have this sussed by tomorrow. Like I said, they caught both me and Grafton St by surprise with this. And they don't appear to be doing a pre-sale for tix. It's very annoying as we had most things in place and now have to re-examine the situation. Will all be sorted though and I'll have full info here soon as it is.

Turnout-wise, I'd imagine most hardcore wrestling fans will be in Grafton St as that has been the one advertised, whereas Tallaght will draw a more local crowd looking to take advantage of the late bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

leggo wrote: »

Will hopefully have this sussed by tomorrow. Like I said, they caught both me and Grafton St by surprise with this. And they don't appear to be doing a pre-sale for tix. It's very annoying as we had most things in place and now have to re-examine the situation. Will all be sorted though and I'll have full info here soon as it is.

Turnout-wise, I'd imagine most hardcore wrestling fans will be in Grafton St as that has been the one advertised, whereas Tallaght will draw a more local crowd looking to take advantage of the late bar.

Thanks for reply whole thing just has me bit confused now I don't live far from talla I'm there now sure ha but hate captain Americas here so won't be going near it and don't want this to cause hassle for the situation in Grafton street. I can't see how there gonna be able have people in there till 4am if they couldn't get a late license before and its a Sunday night. People living in the apartments around it will have fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Cant wait for this lads! First boards meet up should be good craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Hi fellas,

If they're food being served all night, can u18s come along do you think? Like a late night Restaurant ?

Otherwise I think I have a dilemma..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,637 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Easy on the tallaght joke lads, I live there too. I dont want to start slapping ankle locks on you guys at the event in Grafton street after one to many pints :D:D

I actually contacted the Tallaght branch yesterday to enquire about tickets for the Grafton St event and they told me they had tonnes of enquiries .. I guess this prompted them to have their own event.

I'm not sure how to feel about that. I still think I will stick with the Grafton St event as it will have more hardcore fans etc. I could be a mile off here but I could see a pile of people (non wrestling fans) turning up at the tallaght location just for late drinks and a bit of a lock in once word gets out.

I wonder what this means in terms of tickets for the Grafton st branch as I was planning on going to tallaght branch for tickets at lunch time Friday.

Some excellent wrestling drink names to be fair to the créatúreens.

'Sweet Gin Music' has to be the front runner so far!

Hi fellas,

If they're food being served all night, can u18s come along do you think? Like a late night Restaurant ?

Otherwise I think I have a dilemma..... :)

There is talk of fancy dress .. if you come in costume, how they gonna know what age you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

To be honest I think this is a good thing. From all the hype I was worried that a 250 capacity venue might not be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Where can i see a list of the wrestling inspired drink names?

On facebook - look up the Capatain America tallaght branch page.

http://www.facebook.com/events/249353191820828/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Anyone else get the FB message about the tickets?

Says they will only be on sale from the Grafton Street venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I was hoping to be able to wait until Friday week to get tickets. I'm going to need to get them from Grafton Street this Friday, aren't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Theres gonna have to be a lot of tickets held for the culchies if this is the case.

• Advertisement

Okay guys.

Tickets are available from Grafton Street only now from this Friday. I apologise for any inconvenience this change of plan may cause, unfortunately due to the Captain's Tallaght event and the demand of tickets (so a need to control them more to ensure everyone gets in by selling too much) has enforced this. I wanted to give everyone a few days notice to ensure they can make arrangements accordingly.

Now the good news: I appreciate all of the help and support that I've gotten from boards since the beginning here. So I'm going to have a special, additional boards.ie-only allocation of tickets.

There will be 20 tickets made available to boardsies who can't get their hands on tickets from Captain's Grafton Street. They'll be given out with a +1 and on a first-come, first-served basis (i.e. so 10 people can apply with one friend, or if there is 6 people needing 2x tickets and 8 people just booking one, whatever way gets 20 tickets first). I'll announce how people can get their hands on these tickets shortly.

Since I want to ensure that these tickets only go to people who physically cannot get to Grafton St beforehand, please if you can, get tickets from the venue first. You'll be taking a massive risk otherwise, as we expect this to sell fast.

I hope this suits everyone as its the fairest way I can realistically keep everybody happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Leggo, would the easiest way to do it be to set up a PayPal account and us non-dubs get them that way?

See I wouldn't feel comfortable taking money off people without being able to physically hand them a ticket, or even selling a printable version, it can get very messy that way. If Captain's had a way of ordering online then I'd go for that but unfortunately they don't. (Also opening up a Paypal would mean I couldn't ensure boardsies specifically would be looked after, as anyone could do it)

So what's going to happen is, with the boards allocation, I'll have a list of names at the door on the night with tickets reserved for them. They pay then, with the name checked off their ID, and get their ticket.

People might think "that sounds handy, I'll wait for that!" but like I said, there's only 20 in the allocation and I expect them to go fast too, so it's in everyone's best interest to get down to Captain's or get someone they know to go down and get a ticket if possible so they're guaranteed one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

So do we pm you or what Leggo? I'd be looking for 2 tix off ya

Will let you know when they become available, and I'll give a couple days notice beforehand to make sure everyone has a chance to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

What's the capacity number of people Captain's can accommodate?

Charisteas wrote: »
    What's the capacity number of people Captain's can accommodate?

250 tops I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

Im delighted there is plans being put in place to make sure non-dubs can secure tickets without traveling to Dublin. But the 20 only rule for boards.ie is not the best way in my opinion. I mean there simply has to be more than 20 people outside Dublin wanting to go to this. Having a scenario where 50,60 or more people are logged in at a certain time with a mad +1 dash for tickets is a bit unfair and going to leave a lot of people disappointed. I for one have accomodation,travel, day off work booked in so it make me very nervous to think my only option now is a potential crazy computer bashing ,first come dash!
    Why not take a preview count of people interested in tickets here on boards and if its a reasonable number set aside tickets for them on the basis that if they're not collected by 9pm they will be released to others?
    Alternatively what about ebay or something similar? You can sell the tickets there giving us the exclusive link at a certain time,we pay through paypal,collect on the day. Technically we've both entered a contract to buy something off one another so feeling not comfortable in giving a physical ticket straight away shouldn't be an issue. Just a few thoughts!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

esprimo wrote: »
    Im delighted there is plans being put in place to make sure non-dubs can secure tickets without traveling to Dublin. But the 20 only rule for boards.ie is not the best way in my opinion. I mean there simply has to be more than 20 people outside Dublin wanting to go to this. Having a scenario where 50,60 or more people are logged in at a certain time with a mad +1 dash for tickets is a bit unfair and going to leave a lot of people disappointed. I for one have accomodation,travel, day off work booked in so it make me very nervous to think my only option now is a potential crazy computer bashing ,first come dash!
    Why not take a preview count of people interested in tickets here on boards and if its a reasonable number set aside tickets for them on the basis that if they're not collected by 9pm they will be released to others?
    Alternatively what about ebay or something similar? You can sell the tickets there giving us the exclusive link at a certain time,we pay through paypal,collect on the day. Technically we've both entered a contract to buy something off one another so feeling not comfortable in giving a physical ticket straight away shouldn't be an issue. Just a few thoughts!

Myself and El Pistolero have accommodation booked, as well as holidays from work pencilled in, so I agree with some of the points raised above. A preview would be good. However, I don't think Paypal or eBay is the best option. Leggo has proposed that your ticket would be kept on the door, and you'd pay upon entry. I see no problem with this.

• Advertisement

20 is a fair number. Leggo wants to get as much people in as possible but unfortunately it could be hard to account for somebody outside Dublin who rarely posts and is only stating an interest after others have made travel arrangements etc.

Advertisement