Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 28 at CAPTAIN'S GRAFTON ST/TALLAGHT! **THANK YOU LEGGO**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Hotel booked :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hotel booked :D

Did this myself today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

JR just retweeted the event link. What a classy guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

So any ideas on what classic mania matches you will be showing?. Rock V Stone Cold... HBK V Razor ladder match.... Dudleys/Hardys/Edge&Christian TLC...Taker V HBK...Owen V Bret....or pretty much anything with Shawn Michaels should do it!...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just play WM X7 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just play WM X7 :pac:

stone-cold-steve-austin-celebrity-death-t-shirt-medium-09da6.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Gonna get tickets for this on friday at moment have meself and 5 other people heading with me does each branch have a set amount of tickets or which way does it work ? I don't wanna head down to tallaght to be told they can't gimme at least 6 tickets....

Gonna get tickets for this on friday at moment have meself and 5 other people heading with me does each branch have a set amount of tickets or which way does it work ? I don't wanna head down to tallaght to be told they can't gimme at least 6 tickets....

If you get them in Tallaght on Friday, you should be fine. But you know yourself, with tickets for any event big or small I can't 100% guarantee you that they won't sell out. So best to get them ASAP just to be sure!
    sockmo wrote: »
    So any ideas on what classic mania matches you will be showing?. Rock V Stone Cold... HBK V Razor ladder match.... Dudleys/Hardys/Edge&Christian TLC...Taker V HBK...Owen V Bret....or pretty much anything with Shawn Michaels should do it!...

Have a guy I know working on it. I've had him do a lot of stuff like this for me before and he always delivers the goods and then some. So I kinda wanna have it be a surprise and see what he comes up with on the night...because it'll be good whatever it is.

The only demands I've made are to mix it up with loads of variety (i.e. don't just have all Hogan/Austin/HBK matches) and that Warrior/Savage and Austin/Rock from X7 are included. If anyone has any suggestions though, like yourself, yeah by all means share them here just to make sure we don't forget any!

Though I do love Chinholio's idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Hogan vs Andre for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

This should be great craic though!

I really like the idea of having an xbox there and playing some wrestling games, but if people dont want to risk bringing up an new xbox 360 or whatever, then let me know, as I could bring up my PS2 with smackdown Here comes the pain (which is still the best wrestling game ever and has the best roster in any WWE game :P) and I think I have 2 or 3 controllers lying around and a multi tap, so perhaps someone else could bring up a controller or 2 for some 4 player gaming!

The matches id love to see on the big screen would definitely be:
    both TLCs from WM16 and 17, Rock vs Hogan WM 18, Vince vs Hogan WM 19, Hardcore match from WM 17, Benoit vs HBK vs HHH wm 20 and Edge vs Foley WM 22.

Maybe throw in the Foley vs Taker HIAC and the HHH vs Foley hell in a cell as well purely because theres hell in a cell match being on the card that night?

They would go down great I think, surely everyone loves those matches :P
    montyrebel wrote: »
    Hogan vs Andre for me
    Personally I dont think people would be too interested in that match, no offence or anything. Its just as most people know, matches from the early WMs are just very slow paced and slightly boring compared to nowadays, and especially with a crowd of drunk and pumped up, excited people, id say lots of people would start asking for it to be skipped and wanting a more recent match to be showed.

Id probably be one of them :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Tinie wrote: »
    This should be great craic though!

I really like the idea of having an xbox there and playing some wrestling games, but if people dont want to risk bringing up an new xbox 360 or whatever, then let me know, as I could bring up my PS2 with smackdown Here comes the pain (which is still the best wrestling game ever and has the best roster in any WWE game :P) and I think I have 2 or 3 controllers lying around and a multi tap, so perhaps someone else could bring up a controller or 2 for some 4 player gaming!

That would actually be way more fun than WWE 12 tbh!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

That would actually be way more fun than WWE 12 tbh!
    yeah here comes the pain is a classic IMO!

and since PS2s are so cheap, you could probably bring up a second one maybe for 8 player gaming? id imagine you could get smackdown for a few quid in town somewhere also, and you dont have to worry about a €250 gaming system getting damaged, since a ps2 costs what, 20 or 30 quid these days?

its an option anyway if people dont feel comfortable bringing up an xbox 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

What's the deal with the bar extension? Are they allowed serve until mania is over or will the be a mad rush to the bar at 2:30 when last orders happens?!

As for matches on e big screen, for my money bret vs Austin (wm 13), bret vs Owen (wm 10) and HBK vs Austin (wm 14) have to be shown!

Show the only consistently great match every Mania it was on, MITB.

Anything with Shelton Benjamin will do me.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

Showing classic wrestlemania matches is a no brainer in the run up to the show but I think sky sports should definetly be flipped on maybe an hour or so before 12 to watch the preview shows (hosted by Scott stanford etc). At least in the preview shows we can wet our appetite's so to speak for mania 28 by watching highlights of raw/smackdown and all the vignettes and biuld-up etc. We don't want people being burnt out yelling,cheering for prior wrestlemania events before the current one starts!

If somebody loses their voice watching matches they've already seen countless times they should have to chug 6 straight shots of whiskey.

esprimo wrote: »
    Showing classic wrestlemania matches is a no brainer in the run up to the show but I think sky sports should definetly be flipped on maybe an hour or so before 12 to watch the preview shows (hosted by Scott stanford etc). At least in the preview shows we can wet our appetite's so to speak for mania 28 by watching highlights of raw/smackdown and all the vignettes and biuld-up etc. We don't want people being burnt out yelling,cheering for prior wrestlemania events before the current one starts!

Hmm, see the classic matches are going to be more of a background thing than anything else. I want a great atmosphere for the main show so they'll be on the screen with no volume while there's wrestling-related music to also keep people entertained, maybe video games and some other stuff.

But I want people to have a chance to have a chat, laugh and drink beforehand rather than focusing big-time on the classic matches. After all, I want the event to be an experience much better than anyone could have watching at home, get me? They'll be something cool to watch to set the mood, but in terms of burning the crowd out, it's not something I'm overly concerned will happen. Still though, by all means everyone keep throwing your suggestions for matches out there! :)

I'll see how it goes regarding whether we switch over to the preview show beforehand or not. Personally, those always bore me a bit (do they still do the same 10-15 minute bit on a loop), but if enough people want it then I'm happy enough to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

you are spot on with the above! thats defo the right way to do it!

and yeah i think the preview show is the same small thing on a loop - they wreck my head!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I can't bloody wait for this. Got a little group of people I'm coming with now. I reckon the atmosphere is going to be amazing (especially if Seamus wins the belt).

• Advertisement

NEWS:

Just added to the WWE WrestleMania 28 Party line-up are the stars of The Luke & Duane Show, who will perform their track 'Just Take Care, Spike Your Hair', (that's now used as Zack Ryder's theme song for his 'Z! True Long Island Story' show) LIVE in Captain's.

Tickets on sale THIS Friday! Only €5!

Any news on some tickets being held for the out of towners?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

leggo wrote: »
    NEWS:

Just added to the WWE WrestleMania 28 Party line-up are the stars of The Luke & Duane Show, who will perform their track 'Just Take Care, Spike Your Hair', (that's now used as Zack Ryder's theme song for his 'Z! True Long Island Story' show) LIVE in Captain's.

Imagine if they could pull ZR to do a quick minute video shout out to us, that would be awesome. :D

CMpunked wrote: »
    Imagine if they could pull ZR to do a quick minute video shout out to us, that would be awesome. :D

Don't be giving me ideas now...:pac:

Any news on some tickets being held for the out of towners?

Working on the situation re: ticket distribution at the moment. We've got a lot of interest from all around, much more than even I'd anticipated, so it's caused us to have to change up somewhat. I'm off the dayjob for the next two days so hopefully I'll have a definite answer for you on this then.

Nice one leggo. Would be awful if somebody heading to Dublin couldn't get a ticket for it.

Saw on FB that theres a Wrestlemania screening in Captain Americas Tallaght too

Can just picture it now
    tallafornia-300x294.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Saw on FB that theres a Wrestlemania screening in Captain Americas Tallaght too

Can just picture it now
    tallafornia-300x294.jpg

Is that true?

The Tallaght Captain's is much more spacious and bigger then the Captain's on Grafton Street,plus it's only a 15 min walk from my house meaning no €20+ taxi home from town,think I'll head there instead if it's defo on there too!

• Advertisement

Is that true?

The Tallaght Captain's is much more spacious and bigger then the Captain's on Grafton Street,plus it's only a 15 min walk from my house meaning no €20+ taxi home from town,think I'll head there instead if it's defo on there too!

Yeah but its in Tallaght.

Advertisement