Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 28 at CAPTAIN'S GRAFTON ST/TALLAGHT! **THANK YOU LEGGO**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ha yea i can also get my last bus home aswell :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭deisedude

So guessing there is no hope of any similar meet up in Galway? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Fair play to the fella whos setting this up looks like it could be class!!!

I might just have to head along to this :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

If this goes ahead I'll definitely be there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

deisedude wrote: »
    So guessing there is no hope of any similar meet up in Galway? :(

As much chance as Galway have of winning an All-Ireland final against Waterford in football sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

/subscribed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

As much chance as Galway have of winning an All-Ireland final against Waterford in football sadly.

Pity though unlike other places we wouldn't bang on about it being a success and release a dvd about it. Looks like its a WrestleMania at home for me in HD with Wine Gums, M&M's and Minstrels. I might go to one for Mania XXX. My Countdown Begins....
    ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭deisedude

We beat Wicklow yesterday, i'm feeling optimistic! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Cheers lads, glad to see there's loads of interest, and again thanks for all the help along the way. :)

Still have to finalise details regarding price etc, but we're booked in and ready to go.

And as for the lads in Gaillimh, I'm working on a way for country folk to get down and be able to be there on the cheap. No guarantees yet, but I have something planned and we'll see if it comes to fruition. Hopefully it works for you and you'll be able to join in the fun!

Countdown begins lads: 27 days! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CreativeChris

leggo wrote: »
    Cheers lads, glad to see there's loads of interest, and again thanks for all the help along the way. :)

Still have to finalise details regarding price etc, but we're booked in and ready to go.

And as for the lads in Gaillimh, I'm working on a way for country folk to get down and be able to be there on the cheap. No guarantees yet, but I have something planned and we'll see if it comes to fruition. Hopefully it works for you and you'll be able to join in the fun!

Congrats leggo, this is an awesome idea! if you need a hand with anything let me know, would love to help out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

As well as getting some transport for the Galway lads, could we try and spring a good deal with a hotel for the night for us non-Dublin folk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Country folk? Leggo who do you think I am. Just have enough space for all the anorak's, wellies, hazel sticks and twine belts. Only joking of course

CMpunked wrote: »
    As well as getting some transport for the Galway lads, could we try and spring a good deal with a hotel for the night for us non-Dublin folk?

Em if ye want a good place to stay check out generator hostel beside Smithfield . Anytime me and my friends go to dublin for the night we stay there . Its a real nice place and cheap

http://www.generatorhostels.com/en/dublin/

EASTER Special - 4 person (Private bathroom) - €12.50 Per Person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Fair play to leggo for getting this done, absolutely cant fu*king wait for this lads!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

This is great news! But can I ask is it an exclusive event to wrestling fans ie there will be a special area for ticket paying fans to enjoy the event? Also you said it will be on the big screen but will it be large and loud enough for all fans to enjoy the show?
    Lastly considering im traveling from outside Dublin (munster)should I book my travel/accomodation now or should I hold off for this plan you have?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm gonna try my hardest to get to this, it'd be great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

esprimo wrote: »

This is great news! But can I ask is it an exclusive event to wrestling fans ie there will be a special area for ticket paying fans to enjoy the event? Also you said it will be on the big screen but will it be large and loud enough for all fans to enjoy the show?
    Lastly considering im traveling from outside Dublin (munster)should I book my travel/accomodation now or should I hold off for this plan you have?

The place will be open to the general public, but to ensure we get a wrestling based crowd there'll be tickets sold especially for the event (they'll be cheap don't worry, I don't wanna promise a price before I have it confirmed but like I said, it's more to ensure that we get the crowd we want rather than a big extra income stream for the venue). Tickets will be available to buy beforehand and on the door that night.

So you're looking at pretty much exclusively wrestling fans filling the place except for the small minority who'll no doubt just come along for the craic as you get with the likes of Superbowl. But since it's a school night they'll be at a minimum I'd say!

Yep it'll be on the big screen, again same setup as they had for Superbowl night and I know myself how important hearing promos etc are so I'll make sure it's loud enough. It's one of the benefits of having a wrestling guy organising it that I can troubleshoot these things beforehand!

Hope to have a much clearer picture in the next couple of days so just for your own benefit if you'd like to hold off until you have all the info and are happy with it, then do so by all means. You won't be waiting long anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Em if ye want a good place to stay check out generator hostel beside Smithfield . Anytime me and my friends go to dublin for the night we stay there . Its a real nice place and cheap

http://www.generatorhostels.com/en/dublin/

EASTER Special - 4 person (Private bathroom) - €12.50 Per Person

fair walk from Grafton St. it must be said though, cheap enough (by Ireland standards :rolleyes:) taxi I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

This is great news! will definately be there..however considering the venue stops serving booze at 2:30? what on earth will we do? we'll all be hungover by the main event! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Amazing work here leggo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

sockmo wrote: »
    This is great news! will definately be there..however considering the venue stops serving booze at 2:30? what on earth will we do? we'll all be hungover by the main event! haha

just grab a pitcher at last orders. should do ya for an hour or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Yeah, can you imagine the queue at the bar at five minutes to closing? Especially if it coincides with a Divas match....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,073 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

am i missing something, or do we know where this will be yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

SlickRic wrote: »
    am i missing something, or do we know where this will be yet?

Captains live on Grafton street.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I still may be actually going to mania - but if i'm not I will f*cking be there!!

fair play for organising it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Great idea... I'm so in! :)

EDIT: Is it possible to gather all the details into the first post or maybe a Facebook event? I'd love to send linkage to friends that would be so up for this!

were is this on ?

Liam O wrote: »
    fair walk from Grafton St. it must be said though, cheap enough (by Ireland standards :rolleyes:) taxi I suppose...

Yea taxi is prob the best idea , and between a few of ye it could cost less to nothing
    Flojo wrote: »
    Great idea... I'm so in! :)

EDIT: Is it possible to gather all the details into the first post or maybe a Facebook event? I'd love to send linkage to friends that would be so up for this!

I presume Leggo wants to have everything confirmed and sorted before letting everyone know the final details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I presume its Captain Americas on Grafton Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

I presume Leggo wants to have everything confirmed and sorted before letting everyone know the final details

Ah... yeah it would seem I missed that bit. Presumed it was all go. Had just woken up. :p

Advertisement