Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WrestleMania 28 at CAPTAIN'S GRAFTON ST/TALLAGHT! **THANK YOU LEGGO**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Had a great night, thanks for those who put up with us while trying to get my guitar to work! Thanks to Rick for having us.

Watching HIAC in that environment made it extra special. Was really a great event!

Saw a good few people with their camera out during our performance, anybody care to upload anything they shot? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Loved the "YES! YES! YES!" chants that permeated the entire show. Brilliant with wrestling fans, that everyone in the bar loves wrestling; unlike football where everyone's one or the other.

Who was the huge Rock mark that was standing and posing during the main event? It was hilarious :pac:

Also when the Divas match came on, holy God the place cleared out to the toilet/smoke break/bar! Still hoarse/knackered from last night.......worth it :)

That was possibly either myself, or the two of mates by the big screen...

I was possibly the biggest CM Punk mark there though, standing on seats, not giving a flying fk! Lol.

Thank you so much for last night, will never have better memories watching a PPV. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Did many people take videos last night? Id love to see some stuff again, like Sheamus because that was immense fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Sounds like you's all had a great night. Glad to hear it went so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

This is the only video i took last night.

Hopefully someone has something better than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

The chanting was awesome. Too many to mention but everyone singing 'sexy boy' stands out. And 'CJ's got a boner' deserves mentioning for originality.

ill take full credit in that thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    I was the bloke to your left in just a normal blue t-shirt... The one who kept going TWOOOOOO for everything :D. The one who was borderline crying when Cody lost as well :P Good craic with Piper as well at the end of the night who I think is on here.

Brilliant stuff though, great work Leggo. Only thing that ruined the night was the Cody Rhodes loss. But I guess that's not your fault :P. Poor Captains looked like it was running out of drink :D

I certainly am :) Had a great laugh with ya at the end alright... TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-AAAAH. The Piper kilt went down very well in there, but as soon as I left Captains everyone looked at me as if I was a proper mental case! Was actually the most enjoyable night I've watched any wrestling, just being surrounded by people all out to enjoy the night. Would do it over again in a flash!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I certainly am :) Had a great laugh with ya at the end alright... TWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-AAAAH. The Piper kilt went down very well in there, but as soon as I left Captains everyone looked at me as if I was a proper mental case! Was actually the most enjoyable night I've watched any wrestling, just being surrounded by people all out to enjoy the night. Would do it over again in a flash!

Fruity Pebblesss
    Sh*te movies
    Faiir point
    :D

I was thinking that, 200 people in various wrestling related tops and attire locked decending down Grafton St. Say it was brilliant to look at :D

A credit to the wrestling fans as well, that with the copious amounts of alcohol drank and testosterone flowing after watching the fights all night, their wasnt an ounce of trouble that I saw. So credit to everyone :) the fact that everyone was chatting with everyone at some point as well shows how well everyone seemed to get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Fruity Pebblesss
    Sh*te movies
    Faiir point
    :D

I was thinking that, 200 people in various wrestling related tops and attire locked decending down Grafton St. Say it was brilliant to look at :D

A credit to the wrestling fans as well, that with the copious amounts of alcohol drank and testosterone flowing after watching the fights all night, their wasnt an ounce of trouble that I saw. So credit to everyone :)the fact that everyone was chatting with everyone at some point as well shows how well everyone seemed to get on.

Thats a really fantastic point. I've never been to a football/rugby/american football match anything where everybody could and was freely talking to everybody and anybody. The sense of community was fantastic. A real credit to everyone who was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

A credit to the wrestling fans as well, that with the copious amounts of alcohol drank and testosterone flowing after watching the fights all night, their wasnt an ounce of trouble that I saw. So credit to everyone :) the fact that everyone was chatting with everyone at some point as well shows how well everyone seemed to get on.

+1. Completely agree. Even during Cena/Rock, where opinions were split 50-50, it was all just banter and added to the night. You would have aggro in a similar situation if it was a football match. Keep in mind, too, that some had been drinking since 7pm (that's 8 hours!!) when the match started!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great work, leggo. Sounds like everybody there did Irish wrestling fans proud.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Unstickying this thread. Here's hoping to another PPV meetup sooner than later!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

leggo wrote: »
    +1. Completely agree. Even during Cena/Rock, where opinions were split 50-50, it was all just banter and added to the night. You would have aggro in a similar situation if it was a football match. Keep in mind, too, that some had been drinking since 7pm (that's 8 hours!!) when the match started!

7pm? Some of us had been drinking since midday.

Which goes some way to explaining why I still feel ill 24 hours later.

I'm pretty sure I hugged you at the end of the Rock/Cena match. I was so happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Might be another reason to have this real soon again after that RAW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Been thinking there since early on shame we couldn't of kept the tickets when we got the wristbands. Would of been nice to have :-).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Been thinking there since early on shame we couldn't of kept the tickets when we got the wristbands. Would of been nice to have :-).

Flojo asked that bloke giving out the wristbands and he said she could get a ticket back at the end of the night...

I found a ticket in my pocket this morning.. looks like its been in the wars though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Flojo asked that bloke giving out the wristbands and he said she could get a ticket back at the end of the night...

I found a ticket in my pocket this morning.. looks like its been in the wars though.

Feck I should of asked...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I just came in to post this!! Forgot to ask. :cool:

Just to say, I'm not a wrestling fan, but went because my friend was going and I had a great time. So much fun and everyone was in great form. I'd definitely go again! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jaysus. There was a bit of talent :)

Pics look like a laugh was had all round anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

leggo wrote: »

Great pics!! They really capture the atmosphere of the night. Is that all of them? I remember one been taken of our table. It must not have turned out well. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Flojo wrote: »
    Great pics!! They really capture the atmosphere of the night. Is that all of them? I remember one been taking of our table. It must not have turned out well. :o

We were still relatively sober at that stage at least :pac:

We were still relatively sober at that stage at least :pac:

Unlike the one of me in there where it looks like I'm clinging on to myself for dear life. Pitchers = evil!

Nope there's still a few more to go! :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Love the pics i am jealous as at the moment glad it went well

It's only from seeing those photos that I've remembered that I took my baseball cap up there. I'll add that to the increasing list of things I lost in Captains on Sunday which also includes my cardigan and my dignity.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Beefy78 wrote: »
    It's only from seeing those photos that I've remembered that I took my baseball cap up there. I'll add that to the increasing list of things I lost in Captains on Sunday which also includes my cardigan and my dignity.

Whats this thing? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Loving the photos leggo!! Wish I was there..

• Advertisement

Beefy78 wrote: »

At least you left of your own accord. The absolute shame... :o

Advertisement