Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

The decision on dropping Silva for a United winger came down to the fact that United are FAR more likely to smash teams on the run-in than City

United have been there, done that, they ALWAYS finish strong.

I've no doubt Silva will pick up points, but would be far more confident there'll be bigger bounties coming for United players

City's ropey away form is a big black mark against him too

No way would I have dropped Silva for anyone other than a United player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    The decision on dropping Silva for a United winger came down to the fact that United are FAR more likely to smash teams on the run-in than City

United have been there, done that, they ALWAYS finish strong.

I've no doubt Silva will pick up points, but would be far more confident there'll be bigger bounties coming for United players

City's ropey away form is a big black mark against him too

No way would I have dropped Silva for anyone other than a United player

I'm guessing you have either Bale, Dempsey, or both? I'd be shot of either of them before dropping Silva. Not having a City attacker would worry me a lot, regardless of form or fixtures.

But I must admit I'm in a different situation to most since I don't have any City defenders, or anyone that cost me more than 5m at the back. That has allowed me to have all 4 of the "big midfielders" right now (Dempsey, Bale, Silva, Young) across my midfield.

One thing's for sure; it's definitely a good thing overall that a player who was basically in every serious team all season is now dropping out of favour. Really spices the competition up!

I have Demps and Bale

Reasoning for keeping Demps is that he's capable of more explosive single week scoring than Silva

but the ultimate thinking is let him rise a bit more, swap Ba for Pog, then get Silva back in for Demps

The fact Fulham have nothing to play for will start to come to the fore in a few weeks, so Pog will be enough coverage there I think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Been looking to offload Dempsey but always find more important changes each week. His high price gives me a good range of players to choose from when his time comes, I'm one of them who dropped Silva in recent weeks. I did it to get Rooney in. Still have Yaya.

Yeah I'm feeling edgy about having both Dempsey and Pog. Fulham have had 2 or 3 "special" performances this season, netting 5+ goals, but generally speaking they don't score that many. Lots of 0s (8 games) and 1s (11 games).

I only brought Pog in because I accepted I was wrong about bringing Ba back in, and to benefit from some price rise. Deciding on which one to drop will definitely come down to who else is available out there. So I'm not making an decisions just yet. I'll be looking at cheap strikers in the relegation zone that may replace Pog while they fight for their lives, while also looking at pricey midfielders up top that may hit form and replace Dempsey.

And on a side note... Bale is the one I have been worried about most lately. I'm hoping it's just a small Spurs slip, but I haven't been too impressed over the last 5 or 6 weeks. With everyone dropping Silva and complaining about him, I'm surprised that Bale seems to have slipped under everyone's radar (based on conversations on Boards, anyway)... he's been much worse, with just one big game in the last 9 or 10 weeks, and 5 or 6 non-performances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

All my Swansea players benched this weekend along with Kompany.

Basically I'm backing Newcastle (Krul & Simpson) to keep a clean sheet v Norwich & Arsenal (RVP & Chamberlain) to do a number on Everton. Vorm, Caulker, Sigurdsson to the bench. The rest of my team picks itself.

Last GW, I beat the average by 10 points and still dropped places. Hoping to gain some ground this. Need performances from all the big hitters and RVP to destroy Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I have Sinclair in my team. Just wondering does anyone have any stats on him-are most of goals scored just from penalties or does he get a few from play too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I just noticed that Rooney and Simpson have been flagged as doubts for the game week. Rooney 75% chance of playing and Simpson 50 / 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

SickBoy wrote: »
    I just noticed that Rooney and Simpson have been flagged as doubts for the game week. Rooney 75% chance of playing and Simpson 50 / 50.

Noticed that too. Raylor down as 25%. D'oh!

With just league to play for, I'd say there's no chance Roon won't play

• Advertisement

Anyone hear any team news or interviews from managers this evening? I'm usually on the ball on a Friday, but didn't catch anything at all today.

On a GW when everyone's looking for Rooney to deliver, it was kind of inevitable that he'd have a niggle to cast doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'd say Rooney will play,it's a great chance for United to open a 4 point gap before City play Chelsea,just in case he doesn't play who's the best bet for VC?

I've gone for RVP as vice captain,I got Ba also as a possibility at home to Norwich.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Yeah I agree .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

What's with the Spurs & Bolton match Week 34?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

PopTarts wrote: »
    What's with the Spurs & Bolton match Week 34?

Oh FA Cup.

So another DGW?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TheAlexCrewe

Can I ask if anyone has their wildcard still available, what you are saving it for? Is it something in particular? I've still got mine as I'm hoping the FA Cup matches might throw up a DGW somewhere. Anyone agree?

Can I ask if anyone has their wildcard still available, what you are saving it for? Is it something in particular? I've still got mine as I'm hoping the FA Cup matches might throw up a DGW somewhere. Anyone agree?

Recent FA Cup rescheduling has just pushed games to midweek, and they remained part of their original GW, so I wouldn't expect too much in terms of DGWs.

That's what they've done with 7 PL teams playing in the cup this weekend... next round will have a max of 4 teams left in it, so the chances of a big DGW then are made even slimmer.

It's possible, sure... but if you feel your current team is struggling, I wouldn't be holding my breath too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is it necessary for United to play Rooney to beat Wolves? I wouldn't think so myself. Berba, Hernandez and Wellbeck should be enough.

With a league to play for, why would Fergie risk Rooney against Wolves is what is going through my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I kept my WC for the last 4-5 GWs or so. I remember from last year that towards the end, you could benefit from it a lot as big teams players can get rotated because of CL rotation and/or safe position in the league, mid-table teams have nothing to play for so their players don't give a sh*t, and bottom of the table teams can see some of their players shine to save their position.

Problem is, there was a DGW towards the end last year (GW 33 or 34 something like that ). This year the title looks to be uncertain until the last GW. All the English teams are out of Europe bar Chelsea. There are a lot of teams fighting for Europe positions. So it looks like now my idea was bad. Instead I should/could have used my WC early in the season to take on all the big players before they rose in price and before everyone got them... Aaah hindsight is wonderful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Who would you drop Bale Dempsey or Silva for Valencia ?

• Advertisement

Epic fail of a week. Pog Capt and Evans last sub :pac:

Think you can safely count yourself into the next round of the cup Grohly :D

Who would you drop Bale Dempsey or Silva for Valencia ?

If it was me, Dempsey... Mind you I'm keeping him til after the Norwich game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

manual_man wrote: »

Unless ya have the Pog

Fowler87 wrote: »

Unless ya have the Pog

I have both. I'm keeping til after Norwich game. Mata and Graham in is the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Yeah was really surprised to see you'd benched Evans. I suppose you had to start taking risks if you want to make up ground in your leagues. Hanging on to Valencia really paid off. Making a bit of a late surge in the Boards money league.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Considering the circumstances this doesn't qualify as good news but Steve Kean has offered to postpone their match with Bolton at the weekend if Bolton ask to.

There's already a double game week with the Villa match called off tomorrow, and there could be another now with Rovers.

Yeah was really surprised to see you'd benched Evans. I suppose you had to start taking risks if you want to make up ground in your leagues. Hanging on to Valencia really paid off. Making a bit of a late surge in the Boards money league.

Well if by some miracle bae or Enrique don't play, JEvans will come in. I've fukked up my bench all season. I should have seen it coming haha

Well if by some miracle bae or Enrique don't play, JEvans will come in. I've fukked up my bench all season. I should have seen it coming haha

Silva is your ace in the hole. You never know Stephen Ireland might wake up and think it's 2009 and go crazy. It's not over 'til it's over.

Silva is your ace in the hole. You never know Stephen Ireland might wake up and think it's 2009 and go crazy. It's not over 'til it's over.

Villa Bolton is off. Out of respect for Muamba

• Advertisement

Villa Bolton is off. Out of respect for Muamba

Slipped my mind when I was typing that. That makes it a little more clear cut alright. Football must be the last thing the Bolton players are thinking about right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement