Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Fantasy Football Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Dempsey wrote: »
    The average isnt updated, it will take a few more hours before every stat and table is updated

Ah ok, just seen that the Highest was updated so presumed average would update the same!

*edit* Carlcon's post! Average 39

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

roryc wrote: »
    Ha just noticed I'm still in the FF Cup. From 2 million down to the last 500. Once we get down to the last 64 (3 weeks away) it gets featured on the homepage.

Any other boardsies still in it?

That's great. It was something I was looking forward to but got knocked out first round by someone I'm trashing in points :rolleyes: but c'est la vie!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'm curious what all you fûckers look like. Are any of you women

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Here's a screencap of one of my H2H leagues to show why I've never been interested in any knock-out or H2H competition...

yI8A8.png

I've 130 points more than the guy topping this particular league. Guy in 3rd has 72 more than him.

The word "luck" gets overused quite a bit when talking about FF, but these cups and h2h's are all luck. Completely depends on who you get, not what you do.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always seen consistency as key, always thinking several games ahead, rather than aiming to get as high a score as possible in any given week.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

54 in end. Nothing special, but seemed to score few points more then most in money league, so happy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

carlcon wrote: »
    Maybe it's just me, but I've always seen consistency as key, always thinking several games ahead, rather than aiming to get as high a score as possible in any given week.

And there, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly why I never enter H2H or Cup Competitions in Fantasy Football.

64 for the week, 24 points ahead in my money league. Should be into the top 15k in the world which is exactly where I wanted to be in GW 30 (top 20k goal). I usually start taking risks in order to push into the top 5k but this is the first time i'm not about a hundred points ahead in my leagues so I have to just take it easier with risks!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Hey Carlcon, me and you have the exact same number of points: 1765 :)

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Hey Carlcon, me and you have the exact same number of points: 1765 :)

OdA4I.jpg

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!

Watch out as I recommend appalling transfer moves to you

gutted I'm not in the boards league, it'd be a great tussle at the top

I'll make sure I'm in next year

Oh, they've updated!

Dazzler was robbed. :pac:

Me: 1765 points
    bB8ro.png

Dazzler: 1765 points
    BE35J.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Alphabetic FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Dempsey wrote: »
    Alphabetic FTW

Is that how they are calculated? I might put a load of As at the start of my name to steal myself a few places.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Is that how they are calculated? I might put a load of As at the start of my name to steal myself a few places.

In the event of being equal on points it goes to least amount of transfers. After that, there isnt anything in the rules, I'd guess alphabetic though

*Makes arlcon account*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Who to captain this week? RVP/Rooney or Valencia?

eh i dunno wrote: »

This is going to make or break seasons I feel

I'm going to put my trust in the FFScout captaincy poll

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Any news about the Bolton/Villa fixture? When will it be replayed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

eh i dunno wrote: »

Very difficult decision. I suppose if your happy with your position and want to play safe, most people will be opting for Van Persie and then a good few will opt for Rooney. So either one of them but I'd probably edge towards VP.

If you need to make ground on someone ahead of you Valencia might be worth a shout. Fulham have a dreadful away record, Valencia is in great form and should rip Riise to shreds.

It's Thursday and there's no GW30 captain poll. Who do I fire?

It's Thursday and there's no GW30 captain poll. Who do I fire?

this

• Advertisement

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    This is going to make or break seasons I feel

I'm going to put my trust in the FFScout captaincy poll

That's an interesting one. Will you trust it because you believe the masses know their stuff, or because you're comfortable with your points and don't feel the need to take a chance elsewhere?

I make a point of never looking at that poll. The way I see it, if the masses knew what they were doing, I wouldn't be beating them.

There's an outside chance I'll be sticking the armband on Young this week.

That's an interesting one. Will you trust it because you believe the masses know their stuff, or because you're comfortable with your points and don't feel the need to take a chance elsewhere?

I make a point of never looking at that poll. The way I see it, if the masses knew what they were doing, I wouldn't be beating them.

I'm not looking for mega differentials, I'm just looking to win my cash league, and I've got a 40 point lead. Trying to pick whoever I think is best, while also taking into account what most other people seem to be doing

Now maybe this is a silly assumption, but the kind of person who peruses FFScout is prob a pretty clued in player, so their captaincy polls are pretty trustworthy imo

RVP is winning big there right now, and I tend to agree with that viewpoint

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Well, well, well ! Lads I see a big love for Valencia in here. But are you all sure he's gonna play ? I mean last week the big love was for Young and he didn't play ? Is Nani out ?
    I have no idea who Fergie will play but the idea he could well rotate them 3 is there and worrying...

(Because "we" won't have a Siggy coming off with 15+ pts from the bench every week :rolleyes:)

I think the general consensus is that Valencia will play whenever he's fit

the guy is gold for setting up goals, if we know this, Fergie knows this

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I have a simple rule that's if you're not sure who to captain, captain rvp

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yep, prob gonna go with RVP myself this week. Might do a last minute swap to Rooney though...

Ended up 463rd once the tables finally updated. Hoping for a good score this week, every one of my players bar Richards and Silva are at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Nani still out according to Fergie so I assume Valencia on Wing and Young on the other for Fulham .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just in reply to this. Over Xmas, there were a few weeks where I went with my own decision and ignored the poll. On those weeks, I noticed I should have stuck with the poll.

So, whenever captaincy isn't clear cut in my head, I've decided its best just to stick with the poll. It mightn't always work out, as I've seen since, but it does more often than not.

Even when it doesn't, you've gone with the most popular captain for the week so generally don't lose much ground if another player has a stonking week.

Do they let you look up past choices for that captain poll?

I'd love to see its record, and see how many top choices it has when you remove RVP from the equation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Lemlin wrote: »

So, whenever captaincy isn't clear cut in my head, I've decided its best just to stick with the poll. It mightn't always work out, as I've seen since, but it does more often than not.
    Baaa baaa
    %5CStoryImages%5Ca%20sheep.jpg

Captaincy choices are such a make or break thing and I almost always end up regretting taking the risk and go against the poll.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement