Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

IT is interesting, are you doing a degree?

Well organised BW...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Just made hummous. Nom nom nom but my sister ate half of it!

I <3 science. I keep thinking I should have done a general science degree as I would have loved it and would have more options with work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Pembily wrote: »

Well organised BW...

Nah, just a diploma. I want to do a full degree, but I want to be qualified and ready to go with psychology when I'm 30, so probably just a diploma in IT and then call around my contacts to try find a job in it! That said, if I have to do retail til I do psychology, I don't mind. :)

I've decided what to buy my mammy for her 50th. I'm buying my dad and mum a holiday to the Seychelles for their 50th birthdays, but that's where my dad has always wanted to go, not my mum. So I've decided to get her tickets to next years Heineken Cup final and flights/accommodation/whatever else she needs. :)

What are we all doing tonight? I'm going to go for a run because despite all the walking earlier, I feel very lazy not running anywhere! :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

awec wrote: »
    Daisies wrote: »
    Just made hummous. Nom nom nom but my sister ate half of it!

I <3 science. I keep thinking I should have done a general science degree as I would have loved it and would have more options with work!
    You can do general science degrees?

I did Biology A level, though the only reason I did it was cause Biology is the easiest of the 3 sciences and I had to pick 3 subjects and there was literally nothing else I wanted to do. :D

Yup but my Mam convinced me I'd be in college forever before being qualified.:(
    Now I realise that would be AMAZING

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

You can do general science degrees?

I did Biology A level, though the only reason I did it was cause Biology is the easiest of the 3 sciences and I had to pick 3 subjects and there was literally nothing else I wanted to do. :D

You sure can!

I did Biology too, no idea why really because I flippin' hated it. :rolleyes:

LyndaMcL wrote: »

Well organised BW...

Nah, just a diploma. I want to do a full degree, but I want to be qualified and ready to go with psychology when I'm 30, so probably just a diploma in IT and then call around my contacts to try find a job in it! That said, if I have to do retail til I do psychology, I don't mind. :)

I've decided what to buy my mammy for her 50th. I'm buying my dad and mum a holiday to the Seychelles for their 50th birthdays, but that's where my dad has always wanted to go, not my mum. So I've decided to get her tickets to next years Heineken Cup final and flights/accommodation/whatever else she needs. :)

What are we all doing tonight? I'm going to go for a run because despite all the walking earlier, I feel very lazy not running anywhere! :)
    The final is in Dublin on May 18 2013.

Awec I hate biology but <3 chemistry and physics :)

The final is in Dublin on May 18 2013.

It's in Dublin? I really need to listen to my dad more, I'm pretty sure he told me it was in the Aviva. :pac: Cheers! Guess I'll have to get her something else too, can't really send her 20 minutes down the road for a night in a hotel to see the match. :pac:

I did chemistry and physics for the Leaving.Physics was my favourite subject, and my best teacher BY FAR. I think I should have become an engineer

It's in Dublin? I really need to listen to my dad more, I'm pretty sure he told me it was in the Aviva. :pac: Cheers! Guess I'll have to get her something else too, can't really send her 20 minutes down the road for a night in a hotel to see the match. :pac:

The Aviva is in Dublin! :pac:
    Shameless work promoting ahoy....

Ah, coffee. Nyom nyom nyom.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Psychology is a very long road. Drop over the psych forum. It's a little quiet, but worth a read.

Time to make some food, some sort of curry.

Also, Batman film meetup/drinks in July, yes? :pac:

The Aviva is in Dublin! :pac:
    Shameless work promoting ahoy....

Ah, coffee. Nyom nyom nyom.

Ahaha, I know the Aviva is in Dublin! I meant I should have listened to my dad when he told me it was there, instead of ignoring him and then forgetting it was in Dublin. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

I did chemistry and physics for the Leaving.Physics was my favourite subject, and my best teacher BY FAR. I think I should have become an engineer

Yay for physics! :D

There are some days I genuinely miss it. Mechanics, that is. Not particle physics. I never really got particle physics.

On a completely unrelated subject, yay, my hip seems to have popped itself back into place! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

did my degree & msc in physics & maths

physics is awesome :cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Hermione* wrote: »
    I am actually thinking of taking myself to see Beauty and the Beast at the weekend :D

Cool, that's definitely a nice treat.
    Hermione* wrote: »
    My sofa rocks - it's petrol blue leather and sooo comfy! QFT. Fecking hate jagerbombs. Sambucca ftw.

ha mines blue too :) but fabric, I keep slipping off leather sofas :p

<3 Jaegerbombs and I've found that if I have one after a few beers then I don't get a hangover the next morning; not that I do be lying in bed mixing one up before I go to sleep or anything :D. I loved the taste of Jaeger straight for ages though I kind of gagged the last time we did shots, but I think they were doubles I wasn't expecting :rolleyes:

Lately I've been reading 'Quantum Theory cannot hurt you', which is a rather humurous look on applying quantum theory to everyday life, it's kind of got me wishing I'd studied physics for the LC. I did Chemistry and really enjoyed it, though a fair amount has at this point left my brain but I kept my school books so I can get all my knowledge back once I'm finished all my other revision stuff.

Anyhow, got home today to find my Cisco revision book had arrived and now I'm kind of all excited to start studying. I loved the module in college so finally decided it's time I took the initiative and studied up for the certification exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Basically I'm doing IT because I have a genuine interest in it and always have, but Psychology is the thing I want to eventually do. I don't want lots of money, but to study Psychology, I need a steady job, and IT is a steady sector to work in at the moment. It's a means to an end tbh.

That said, I could love it and never do psychology in the end.

Ah sure you might as well. I knew the course I'm doing is what I wanted to do since I was 17 but I did something else first. So glad I did that as I'm better prepared now and I probably would have failed all my placements if I went in as a 19/20 year old.

There's no set way of doing these things... Although I am broke. :cool:
    Yup but my Mam convinced me I'd be in college forever before being qualified.:(
    Now I realise that would be AMAZING

Lack of money is nawt amazing! :cool:
    Just back from a good cycle and I have yummy brownies! :D

Me too. And what's the first thing I eat, a bag of crisps. :rolleyes:

Saw some girl get nabbed for stealing outside Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Just in from a very long, cold, wet, but really enjoyable cycle :)

But I have no brownies :(

Larianne wrote: »
    And what's the first thing I eat, a bag of crisps. :rolleyes:

I had crisps, king burdocks salt and vinegar they are YUM.
    I did not go for a cycle.

Sauve wrote: »
    Just in from a very long, cold, wet, but really enjoyable cycle :)

But I have no brownies :(

I will give you some at the next beers :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Zero exercise today.

May try some baking tomorrow night. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

I will give you some at the next beers :)

Sweet!!
    Thank you m'dear :p

It's be so much more productive if I just made them myself.... new project for tomorrow night.
    I'll be like the nun from Fr. Ted sitting in the middle of the floor covered in chocolate :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Arms sore = good workout! Now I have tea!!

Evening all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭cade

Did my usual exercises, my circuit and did a 2 Km run too so I'm feeling very refreshed. I could feel it being a lot easier than when I did it on Sunday and without pushing myself I did it quicker too, though considering one of the adults in my neighbourhood decided to call out 'Run fat boy run' after me I guess I've still a bit to go :rolleyes:

My head hurts. Me and maths do not get along.
    I want to bake my cheesecake again.

Ok, do and bring it on Friday! :P
    cade wrote: »
    Did my usual exercises, my circuit and did a 2 Km run too so I'm feeling very refreshed. I could feel it being a lot easier than when I did it on Sunday and without pushing myself I did it quicker too, though considering one of the adults in my neighbourhood decided to call out 'Run fat boy run' after me I guess I've still a bit to go :rolleyes:

Don't let them get to you. Muppets are everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

cade wrote: »
    one of the adults in my neighbourhood decided to call out 'Run fat boy run' after me I guess I've still a bit to go :rolleyes:

Seriously?

Anyway, they must be in need of glasses.
    Ok, do and bring it on Friday! :P

Yes! :D

Good luck in the rest of your exams missy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Me too. And what's the first thing I eat, a bag of crisps. :rolleyes:
    That is a very me thing to do! :o:pac:
    Saw some girl get nabbed for stealing outside Tesco.
    Oh, which tesco?!
    No, the match is on in Lansdowne Road :pac:
    /pedant

Cade, that is unbelievable! Fecking cheek! :eek:

What type cheesecake did you make, awec?

Funny how many sciencey people there amongst us! My parents really wanted me to do Engineering or Science. The fact that I was good at maths and physics didn't help in my resistance to these plans! I rebelled and did Arts :pac:
    Just dropped my laptop adaptor on my toe. Mega ouch :(

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement